[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is David Johnson dead?

1fastdoc

Apparently David Johnson was just a guy, who benefited from volume and not much else on the offense. New QB, new HC, new offense, a weapon at WR (Kirk) and a new RB toy in Drake and he's almost worthless.

Truly amazing how quickly things change in this crazy game. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Apparently David Johnson was just a guy, who benefited from volume and not much else on the offense. New QB, new HC, new offense, a weapon at WR (Kirk) and a new RB toy in Drake and he's almost worthless.

Truly amazing how quickly things change in this crazy game. 

In a dynasty league it's like holding a stock that tanked, waiting for it to go back up.  You know the minute you sell low it will rebound.  Or, you hold it and watch it turn to dust.  I honestly don't know what to do with the guy.  My son offered me Marquis Brown in a straight up trade and I'm damn tempted to take it.

2 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

In a dynasty league it's like holding a stock that tanked, waiting for it to go back up.  You know the minute you sell low it will rebound.  Or, you hold it and watch it turn to dust.  I honestly don't know what to do with the guy.  My son offered me Marquis Brown in a straight up trade and I'm damn tempted to take it.

That is tough for Dynasty.

I think AZ will trade DJ before the draft.  He needs a fresh start.  They should trade him to TBB.  I'm sure Arians would take him for early to mid level pick.  AZ will want to dump that salary and TBB RBs are sketch at best.

4 hours ago, XFlash said:

That is tough for Dynasty.

I think AZ will trade DJ before the draft.  He needs a fresh start.  They should trade him to TBB.  I'm sure Arians would take him for early to mid level pick.  AZ will want to dump that salary and TBB RBs are sketch at best.

I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but over the past couple games, Ronald Jones has been doing his best David Johnson impersonation for the Bucs.

18 carries for 67 yards and a TD with a couple catches thrown in 2 weeks ago, and then just 29 yards (and a TD) rushing last week, but a whopping 8 catches for 77 yards thrown in.

If Jones continues at that kind of pace, I don't see the Bucs spending an early-ish pick on Johnson, who apparently can't stay healthy.

40 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but over the past couple games, Ronald Jones has been doing his best David Johnson impersonation for the Bucs.

18 carries for 67 yards and a TD with a couple catches thrown in 2 weeks ago, and then just 29 yards (and a TD) rushing last week, but a whopping 8 catches for 77 yards thrown in.

If Jones continues at that kind of pace, I don't see the Bucs spending an early-ish pick on Johnson, who apparently can't stay healthy.

I agree with your take on RJ in that it is hard to believe still.

I keep thinking he will turn the corner then Peyton comes in an steals more touches.  I would like to see a 3rd week of improvement before I'm ready to pull any trigger to acquire him.

It seems like there's a little camera effect there too:  he's on the far hash and running dead on to the camera which makes him appear slower.  Things further away seem slower (clouds vs a fire hydrant in a moving car) and things coming straight on can appear slower if they are far enough away because they don't appear to get bigger in your field of view like a close object does and it's hard to see the distance they are eating up.   Also he's waiting for blockers, but I think there's some real effect there too, he's slower and/or injured. 

It seems like the expiration date on RB's gets shorter and shorter by the year.  Can't tell if that's my imagination or not.   Guys like Gore are the exception rather than the rule it seems.  McCaffrey is 23 and we are already putting the clock on him. But maybe RB's of old used to crap out this fast with this much usage too, I don't know. 

Edited by purplemonster