[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to grab off of waivers (FAAB)

Briggssteel

So I've got only $5 left of my FAAB, but who should I target this week with Lockett on bye?

Marquise Brown vs. Houston

Curtis Samuel vs Atlanta

I'm right now going to play Golladay for sure, Tyrell Williams for sure, and I would choose between McLaurin vs Jets, or Juju vs. Cleveland. Should I pick up one of those two guys to play over the last options, or is it smarter to play one of McLaurin and Juju and pick up Josh Gordon instead even though it's a bye week considering Lockett could be missing some time? Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Briggssteel

I definitely disagree with dropping mclaurin although I guess it depends on your whole team. We haven’t seen Haskins against a single favorable matchup, and the redskins get the Jets this week and two incredible playoff matchups. Obviously he hasn’t looked good yet, but I would personally wait to give Haskins a little bit of time especially against a good schedule before dropping a guy as talented as mclaurin.

2 hours ago, tuyuka39 said:

I definitely disagree with dropping mclaurin although I guess it depends on your whole team. We haven’t seen Haskins against a single favorable matchup, and the redskins get the Jets this week and two incredible playoff matchups. Obviously he hasn’t looked good yet, but I would personally wait to give Haskins a little bit of time especially against a good schedule before dropping a guy as talented as mclaurin.

I didn’t end up dropping him and dropped Jaylen Samuels and the Bears D instead. I agree and think he still might have some value left. 

So people on here and rankings from experts I like have Marquise Brown above Curtis Samuel and Samuel above Tyrell Williams to play this week. I was hoping someone would be able to explain the reasoning Brown is so high and what I’m missing. I know the Texans secondary is really bad but so is Atlanta’s and Cincinnati seems to be the worst defense of all, so Williams seems like the logical play to me, but everyone has him below those two, McLaurin and Juju. Just wondering if there’s something obvious I’m missing as to why so high on Brown and low on Williams. 

I have a feeling this week is going to be a playoff deciding game between me and my opponent so it feels like a big choice what’s receivers I’m playing. Thankfully I didn’t go Juju and Golladay already has one of my spots. Two to go. 

24 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

In my opinion Tyrell Williams is the no brainier start of the 3 this week. I'm rolling him out wherever I have him. 

Glad I’m not the only one. It feels like he has massive potential this game. At worst it feels like it’s a game where he gets a touchdown to me. Plus I’m playing against the guy who has Carr so any touchdown pass to Williams I’d at least match him if not get the slight edge with yardage. 

14 minutes ago, Briggssteel said:

Glad I’m not the only one. It feels like he has massive potential this game. At worst it feels like it’s a game where he gets a touchdown to me. Plus I’m playing against the guy who has Carr so any touchdown pass to Williams I’d at least match him if not get the slight edge with yardage. 

Agree, it even makes more sense since he has Carr. 

It's close but I can make an argument for why MBrown > Tyrell this week:

Brown has more targets and receptions and yds than Tyrell

Brown plays in a better offense

Brown is #2 receiving option on his team, Tyrell is #3 (probably dictated by opposing defense)

Houston's pass defense is worse than Cincy's

Houston's offense is good, probably a high scoring game (#2 offense vs #4 offense)

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat