[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Defense?

monster2333

I've been riding the Bears D since draft day and even though they haven't been great, they've been fine.  Their playoff schedule is terrible though - vs. Dallas (ranked #1 against D in my league), @ Green Bay (#6) and vs. KC.(#4).  I've been trying to pick up another D for the playoffs, but keep missing out - Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philly have all been scooped up in front of me the past few weeks.  I'm looking at Houston now - playoffs are vs. Denver (#26), @ Tennessee (#22), @ TB (#24) - but Tennessee's definitely better with Tannehill at QB and TB can light up the scoreboard at times, so I'm not overly excited about them.

Then I spotted the Dolphins upcoming schedule.  Beginning this week - vs. Buffalo (25), @ Cleveland (27), vs. Philly (11), @ Jets (32), @ Giants (29), vs. Cin (30).  Five out of six games against bottom 8 offenses.  They've had a couple decent games in a row (granted, against Darnold and Hoyer), but do they have some promise here?  Watching Dolphins football is not something I want to subject myself to regularly, so I don't really know how they look.  Do they have talent?  Can they keep it going?  Any homers out there with any insight?  Anyone else taking a chance on them?

31 minutes ago, monster2333 said:

I've been riding the Bears D since draft day and even though they haven't been great, they've been fine.  Their playoff schedule is terrible though - vs. Dallas (ranked #1 against D in my league), @ Green Bay (#6) and vs. KC.(#4).  I've been trying to pick up another D for the playoffs, but keep missing out - Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philly have all been scooped up in front of me the past few weeks.  I'm looking at Houston now - playoffs are vs. Denver (#26), @ Tennessee (#22), @ TB (#24) - but Tennessee's definitely better with Tannehill at QB and TB can light up the scoreboard at times, so I'm not overly excited about them.

Then I spotted the Dolphins upcoming schedule.  Beginning this week - vs. Buffalo (25), @ Cleveland (27), vs. Philly (11), @ Jets (32), @ Giants (29), vs. Cin (30).  Five out of six games against bottom 8 offenses.  They've had a couple decent games in a row (granted, against Darnold and Hoyer), but do they have some promise here?  Watching Dolphins football is not something I want to subject myself to regularly, so I don't really know how they look.  Do they have talent?  Can they keep it going?  Any homers out there with any insight?  Anyone else taking a chance on them?

No, because they are a flaming pile of manure.  Top 4 in both Points allowed, yards allowed, and touchdowns allowed.  Bottom half in interceptions and next to last in sacks.  That is not a team D that generates points no matter what the matchup. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Def. said:

No, because they are a flaming pile of manure.  Top 4 in both Points allowed, yards allowed, and touchdowns allowed.  Bottom half in interceptions and next to last in sacks.  That is not a team D that generates points no matter what the matchup. 

Haha, good to know and that's why I asked.  They put up 8 and 9 points the last couple weeks, while the Bears scored 7 and 2.  I thought maybe something clicked with them and they might be turning it around.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, monster2333 said:

Haha, good to know and that's why I asked.  They put up 8 and 9 points the last couple weeks, while the Bears scored 7 and 2.  I thought maybe something clicked with them and they might be turning it around.

Yea that was all a mirage. Ride it out with the bears. Atleast there is talent 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, monster2333 said:

The bears scored 7 and two because they are on the field too much. The bears are the defense, Robinson, Cohen. That’s if. And Gabriel maybe twice a year 🙄

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, @TheFantasyFootballGods said:

They been playing well as of late. Another playoff defense to keep an eye on is the packers as they have a nice playoff schedule

Yeah, unfortunately GB is rostered in my league.  That's what I get for playing with a bunch of Packer and Viking fans...  :)  I picked up the Giants last week, thinking I might play them against the Jets.  Once I found out Stafford was out, I stuck with the Bears.  I might just hold the Giants who play at home against Miami and @Washington in weeks 15-16, unless someone drops a better option.  Doubtful, as the guys in my league are pretty savvy.

I'm currently in position for a first-round bye (Week 14), so if I can hold onto that, the Giants could be my playoff D.

44 minutes ago, @TheFantasyFootballGods said:

They been playing well as of late. Another playoff defense to keep an eye on is the packers as they have a nice playoff schedule

I really like the packers chance if they all start clicking right again. They’re really one of the top two teams in the league in my opinion 

8 minutes ago, Comm1 said:

The bears scored 7 and two because they are on the field too much. The bears are the defense, Robinson, Cohen. That’s if. And Gabriel maybe twice a year 🙄

I hear ya.  Mitch showed so much promise last year and he looks like a completely different player this year.  Playcalling certainly hasn't helped, but the more I see Mitch not step up in the pocket, not see open receivers and not be able to hit wide open guys, I'm starting to think Nagy is less of the issue.  He's just stuck not being able to call all the plays he wants because Mitch is so bad.  I thought he should've got benched at halftime of the Eagles game (if not before), but I'm guessing Pace and the rest of the front office has said that he's going to play no matter what so they can make the decision on his option and/or what to do in the offseason.

Edited by monster2333
typo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, monster2333 said:

I hear ya.  Mitch showed so much promise last year and he looks like a completely different player this year.  Playcalling certainly hasn't helped, but the more I see Mitch not step up in the pocket, not see open receivers and not be able to hit wide open guys, I'm starting to think Nagy is less of the issue.  He's just stuck not being able to call all the plays he wants because Mitch is so bad.  I thought he should've got benched at halftime of the Eagles game (if not before), but I'm guessing Pace and the rest of the front office has said that he's going to play no matter what so they can make the decision on his option and/or what to do in the offseason.

He doesn’t suck. He’s an amazing quarterback. He is just a bust and can’t play professionally. If bears had say drew Brees with all our same players we’d be 7-1 just like them. It’s not the weapons that Mitch don’t have he just can’t load the weapons

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Comm1 said:

You can be confused but it’s the truth. He’s not a professional quarterback. He’s the next hoyer

That isn't the part that confuses me - it's the "amazing" line.  "He doesn't suck" and he's "amazing" directly contradict "he's a bust" and "can't play professionally."  If you're referring to his college days or how accurately he can throw the ball when he's standing is his backyard, fine.  But this is a fantasy football board, so when a player is discussed it's assumed it's about his professional career - I don't know of any college or "Trubisky Backyard" fantasy leagues.  Therefore, "he's not a professional quarterback" = "Mitch is so bad."  FWIW, I never said he sucks (even if he does).

1 hour ago, monster2333 said:

That isn't the part that confuses me - it's the "amazing" line.  "He doesn't suck" and he's "amazing" directly contradict "he's a bust" and "can't play professionally."  If you're referring to his college days or how accurately he can throw the ball when he's standing is his backyard, fine.  But this is a fantasy football board, so when a player is discussed it's assumed it's about his professional career - I don't know of any college or "Trubisky Backyard" fantasy leagues.  Therefore, "he's not a professional quarterback" = "Mitch is so bad."  FWIW, I never said he sucks (even if he does).

Your right Inwent little off the branch there. His knowledge of quarterbacking is outstanding if you’ve followed him since his college days. That’s what I’m getting at. He’s a bust. Period. 

• Like 1