[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colin trying out for NFL teams?

Comm1

It’s complete BS.

Open workouts are generally on Tuesdays so teams can actually come see them. Plus they only gave everyone 3 days notice. 

If the nfl is doing this as a PR stunt it’s not going to help. They aren’t giving him much of a chance. It’s going to be hard for teams to send anyone to see it on a Saturday 

Edited by Finn5033

51 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

It’s complete BS.

Open workouts are generally on Tuesdays so teams can actually come see them. Plus they only gave everyone 3 days notice. 

If the nfl is doing this as a PR stunt it’s not going to help. They aren’t giving him much of a chance. It’s going to be hard for teams to send anyone to see it on a Saturday 

Teams have plenty of money and scouts to send one person.  Live video stream or at least record.

I did not realize that Open Workouts were on set day.  it makes sense.

I think if they really wanted to make the effort there would be a weekly Open Workout for him the next 3 weeks.  The the NFL can say they are trying their best.

21 minutes ago, XFlash said:

Teams have plenty of money and scouts to send one person.  Live video stream or at least record.

I did not realize that Open Workouts were on set day.  it makes sense.

I think if they really wanted to make the effort there would be a weekly Open Workout for him the next 3 weeks.  The the NFL can say they are trying their best.

There are some good articles about this. They aren’t giving him much of a chance by doing this short notice on a Saturday. It’s not about the money it’s about the timing. Saturday’s are apparently the worst day of the week they could do this besides on game day

So I thought the original reason he never signed with anyone was in large part because he felt like he should get essentially top 5-10 QB money.  I don't think teams wanted to block him from playing as much as they didn't want to pay that for him.  Is that right?  Do you think he's changed his tune regarding money?

8 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

So I thought the original reason he never signed with anyone was in large part because he felt like he should get essentially top 5-10 QB money.  I don't think teams wanted to block him from playing as much as they didn't want to pay that for him.  Is that right?  Do you think he's changed his tune regarding money?

Logic would say he would have to. If he is really serious about getting back to playing in the NFL.

Veteran minimum is or a double is not out of bounds for a QB that has been out this many years.

I'm sure there will be many clauses and/or game at a time.  No one wants a player that is only using his job position for grand standing his personal views.

I'm not saying what he stood for is wrong, but right place, right time.  Your place of work is not the correct place.  (too many posts about this, no need to dive back in)

27 minutes ago, XFlash said:

No one wants a player that is only using his job position for grand standing his personal views.

I'm not saying what he stood for is wrong, but right place, right time.  Your place of work is not the correct place.  (too many posts about this, no need to dive back in)

“No need to dive back in,” he said while midair, diving back in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XFlash said:

Bears hinting?

They should at least look.  Nothing to hurt with looking.  Unless Trib ego gets shattered.

Thank God they would never think of bringing him on the team.  Mitch would be rattled and I don't think the McCaskey's are interested in the baggage he brings with him.  He should go to the Pats for next year. lol

16 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Thank God they would never think of bringing him on the team.  Mitch would be rattled and I don't think the McCaskey's are interested in the baggage he brings with him.  He should go to the Pats for next year. lol

If ever there was to be a resurrection project, Kap to NE would write it's own book/movie :brow:

If anybody could do it, it will be Bill.  

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It sounds like the NFL is pandering and covering their ass. Why would anybody sign him? He's bad for business and would cause a media wildfire wherever he goes. Not worth it. 

My guess is he never plays another down in the NFL.  Good riddance.

According to the stories I've read, now because several teams contacted the league asking them to do this so they don't face backlash for inviting him to town for a workout. That's also why its secret who is attending. 

Some have said it was part of his collusion settlement with the league. Not sure we'll ever know the truth. Seems really messed up to schedule it then hours before sending info to the teams they contact his agent for the first time. What if he was busy? Family wedding, out of the country whatever.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

According to the stories I've read, now because several teams contacted the league asking them to do this so they don't face backlash for inviting him to town for a workout. That's also why its secret who is attending. 

Some have said it was part of his collusion settlement with the league. Not sure we'll ever know the truth. Seems really messed up to schedule it then hours before sending info to the teams they contact his agent for the first time. What if he was busy? Family wedding, out of the country whatever.

I know, it all sounds so contrived. I don't believe any of this nonsense. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

That actually makes some sense.  As it currently stands it looks a bit weird and overly secretive.  He hasn't played in 3 years and  a lot of his appeal was running and he's 32.  I'd be surprised anyone wants to take on the controversy TBH but who knows.  Seems like a lot of factors at play

17 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Yep, see we set up a try out for the guy and nobody wanted to sign him. We did out part.............Honest, we didn't black ball him. Kyle Rudolf, Dani Fumble, Fitzmagic all are better QB's.

To me that's the thing right there.  I don't think there's ever been any argument that he's a better QB than many backup and even some current starting QB's in the league now.  It was his drama and price tag that were the problem.  We will see if he is actually interested in playing in the NFL again.  My guess is if he drops his price tag significantly then he will be on a roster, otherwise he's done.

On 2019-11-14 at 9:57 PM, Cowboyz1 said:

Yep, see we set up a try out for the guy and nobody wanted to sign him. We did out part.............Honest, we didn't blackball him

I assumed this was part of his deal with the nfl, they settled his lawsuit against him, and now that a bit of time has passed they can "promote" him and say they did their part to help get him back into the league.  As long as he gets a vet minimum offer there could be no further claims that he was blackballed or kept out of the league.