[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colin trying out for NFL teams?

Comm1

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

I assumed this was part of his deal with the nfl, they settled his lawsuit against him, and now that a bit of time has passed they can "promote" him and say they did their part to help get him back into the league.  As long as he gets a vet minimum offer there could be no further claims that he was blackballed or kept out of the league.

That was my first thought as well. It was way too contrived and feels forced. This is a cover our ass, have a nice life Colin gimmick. 

The other possibility is that some team really does want to sign him and so the league puts together this contrived poop-show to cover the team's ass a bit.

Seattle? Maybe they saw Bridgewater back up Brees and decided they need to up their QB insurance plan.

6 minutes ago, stethant said:

The other possibility is that some team really does want to sign him and so the league puts together this contrived poop-show to cover the team's ass a bit.

Seattle? Maybe they saw Bridgewater back up Brees and decided they need to up their QB insurance plan.

Agree, He'd have to go to the West Coast if anywhere. 

20 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

the only place would put up with his BS. 

The only people who get worked up about his 'BS' are middle aged and older MAGAtards.  They are everywhere, even on the west coast.  The overwhelming majority of his teammates don't care about his 'BS' and many support him.  It's also a nonissue with mainstream Americans.

If Kaep were to continue to kneel, snowflakes would get butthurt whether it happens on west coast or east coast.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

The only people who get worked up about his 'BS' are middle aged and older MAGAtards.  They are everywhere, even on the west coast.  The overwhelming majority of his teammates don't care about his 'BS' and many support him.  It's also a nonissue with mainstream Americans.

If Kaep were to continue to kneel, snowflakes would get butthurt whether it happens on west coast or east coast.

And probably anyone who was in the Military or Law Enforcement. Did you forget about us? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

There are a thousand ways he could have chose to show his concern with whatever he feels important to him. 

His method of bringing attention to himself for his concerns was just too much for a lot of people that do respect the flag and the country.  The media continuing to make this an issue didn't help him.

I think if he would have chosen a different method to bring attention to his platform he could do what he wanted.

If mainstream America didn't care about this he wouldn't have a hard time getting another job in the NFL IMO.

5 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

There are a thousand ways he could have chose to show his concern with whatever he feels important to him. 

His method of bringing attention to himself for his concerns was just too much for a lot of people that do respect the flag and the country.  The media continuing to make this an issue didn't help him.

I think if he would have chosen a different method to bring attention to his platform he could do what he wanted.

If mainstream America didn't care about this he wouldn't have a hard time getting another job in the NFL IMO.

Exactly, obviously someone cares or this wouldn't be a discussion. 

22 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

And probably anyone who was in the Military 

Probably not.  My dad served and he takes no offense.  I have numerous friends who served in the military who also take no offense to Kaep.  He's clearly not taking shots at our troops. If you want to feel that he is; it's because you're going out of your way to get offended.

Snowflakes gotta snowflake.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby Brown said:

Probably not.  My dad served and he takes no offense.  I have numerous friends who served in the military who also take no offense to Kaep.  He's clearly not taking shots at our troops. If you want to feel that he is; it's because you're going out of your way to get offended.

Snowflakes gotta snowflake.  

Agree. But someone obviously cares or this wouldn't be an issue. But it is. 

26 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

And probably anyone who was in the Military or Law Enforcement. Did you forget about us? 

Nah, there are many who are involved in both fields who are not offended or indifferent. He has the right to protest and society has the right to marginalize him for it, right or wrong.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

I agree it's not the best way to get his point across.  Mostly, Kaep's kneeling was one of the least important issues of our time in my humble opinion.  To many, it was of primary importance. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

I agree it's not the best way to get his point across.  Mostly, Kaep's kneeling was one of the least important issues of our time in my humble opinion.  To many, it was of primary importance. 

Understood and I appreciate your stance. You don't have to care but you should understand those who may of been offended and why. 

People are complaining and so on, but I think it's important to point out that other athletes have done similar or far more extreme things to speak out.  Chris Jackson/ Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Muhammad Ali, Bill Russell, Lew Alcindor/ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are just a few to speak out and not "honor" American tradition. It's all about media attention and how people react. 

In the meantime, it will be interesting to see if anything comes of today. Playoff sleeper? :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shaft said:

People are complaining and so on, but I think it's important to point out that other athletes have done similar or far more extreme things to speak out.  Chris Jackson/ Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Muhammad Ali, Bill Russell, Lew Alcindor/ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are just a few to speak out and not "honor" American tradition. It's all about media attention and how people react. 

In the meantime, it will be interesting to see if anything comes of today. Playoff sleeper? :rolleyes:

It's not about kneeling. His hatred and disrespect for law enforcement & the military goes far beyond kneeling. You may not care but some of us who are closer to the fire than you just might. 

No, I wouldn't bank on him getting a job. And even if he does he's got a lot to learn in a short period of time. He's been out of football a while now. 

46 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

his Pig Cop socks. 

In my opinion that day, along with the Castro T-shirt in Miami was the straw that broke the camels back for a large majority. Those two incidents took it from a peaceful protest in kneeling to something way different.

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

In my opinion that day, along with the Castro T-shirt in Miami was the straw that broke the camels back for a large majority. Those two incidents took it from a peaceful protest in kneeling to something way different.

This!     The socks were inexcusable.  He should have been suspended for that.  I don't think he was????  That was disgraceful.

18 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

7 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

This!     The socks were inexcusable.  He should have been suspended for that.  I don't think he was????  That was disgraceful.

Those pig socks were distasteful in every sense, but in typical media fashion they showed it when they wanted to. He wore those at practices BEFORE he started kneeling. They could've called it out then, but it was used to add more fuel to a divisive fire. And they succeeded.