squirrelmastr21

need Week 13 QB advice

Next week would you start Jameis Winston @JAX or Josh Allen @DAL? 

If I'm going to start Jameis next week then I can drop Josh Allen.

5 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

Next week would you start Jameis Winston @JAX or Josh Allen @DAL? 

If I'm going to start Jameis next week then I can drop Josh Allen.

Go with Jameis

2 hours ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

Why would you want to drop JAllen? He's top-10 in fantasy football. Drop your worst two WRs.

Winston has better matchups the rest of the year. What’s the point of holding onto a backup QB that I don’t intend to start rest of year?

My bench WRs are pretty good and I’d rather not let other owners have them. Deebo Samuel, AJ Green, Mike Williams, Robert Woods

Edited by squirrelmastr21

1 hour ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

Winston has better matchups the rest of the year. What’s the point of holding onto a backup QB that I don’t intend to start rest of year?

My bench WRs are pretty good and I’d rather not let other owners have them. Deebo Samuel, AJ Green, Mike Williams, Robert Woods

You keep a good backup QB because of injuries and, as you say, to keep him off opponent rosters.

Where is JAllen ranked in your league? If he's top-12 like he is in mine then he's starter material for other teams.

What's AJ, MWilliams going to do for yours or any other team?

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat

9 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

I agree i NEVER roster 2 QBs just to leave one on my bench the entire year and put in for maybe the one bye week. If my starter gets hurt i put him on IR or bench and waiver wire until they come back. I rather have RB and WR depth than just a QB that averages the same as others. 

12 minutes ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

I like the debate that I started. I’m sure someone else will pick up Allen but that doesn’t worry me.

If I'm a playoff team and I can keep a high caliber qb away from another playoff team i do it.  

The real debate is whether allen is a high caliber fantasy qb.  

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

If I'm a playoff team and I can keep a high caliber qb away from another playoff team i do it.  

The real debate is whether allen is a high caliber fantasy qb.  

YTD standard scoring, JAllen is #6 in total points (Winston is #8). In average ff ppg, Allen is #8 (Winston is #11): https://fftoolbox.fulltimefantasy.com/football/2019/year-to-date-fantasy-points.cfm

IMO, a top-10 QB in a 12-team league should be rostered.

2 hours ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

YTD standard scoring, JAllen is #6 in total points (Winston is #8). In average ff ppg, Allen is #8 (Winston is #11): https://fftoolbox.fulltimefantasy.com/football/2019/year-to-date-fantasy-points.cfm

IMO, a top-10 QB in a 12-team league should be rostered.

Agree.  In my big league with bonuses, Allen is #13 and Jameis is 9

It all depends on scoring 

I'm on the side that I would not drop allen

In my league (where we do NOT dock points for INTs), Jameis is #5 in total scoring and Allen is #9. In average ppg, Winston is #7 and Allen is #10.

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat

38 minutes ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

In my league (where we do NOT dock points for INTs), Jameis is #5 in total scoring and Allen is #9. In average ppg, Winston is #7 and Allen is #10.

I'm surprised Jameis isnt #1 in leagues that do not doctor for ints