[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There are Evans days and there are Godwin days

Dcat

23 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Just like odb and Landry, often 1 gets 10 targets, the other 5

Was just reading an article with some feedback on the Dolphins game, one interesting take away is the Browns really don't need a 3rd WR to contribute. Many games a very large portion of the targets go to OBJ + Landry, now with Hunt there he gets some and even Chubb gets some looks. The TE position is pretty empty, and Njoku was a no go again. As for the feeling of disparity between the two, I'll dig up some stats because I enjoy it, but my initial guess is they're closer in targets each game than it seems

last 5 games  numbers are targets, receptions, yards, TDs - bolded targets to read easier

NE  Landry 10, 5, 65, 0  OBJ 7, 5, 52, 0 (17 of 31, Hilliard, Harris and Calloway had 34 each)- Chubb carried 20 times for 131 yards 1 target

DEN  Landry 13, 6, 51, 1  OBJ 6, 5, 87, 0 (19 of 42 Calloway & CCubb with 5 each, TE Harris with 4, others 2 or less - last game b4 Hunt)

BUF  Landry 10, 9, 97, 1  OBJ 12, 5, 57, o (22 of 38 total, Hunt had 9, Chubb had 4, nobody else with more than 2)

PIT  Landry 7, 4, 43, 1  OBJ 10, 4, 60, 0 (17 of 32 passes, Hunt had 7 the only other with more than 2)

MIA  Landry 13, 10, 148, 2  OBJ 8, 6, 84, 1  (21 of 34 total passes (Chubb & Hunt with 7 combined, only others with more than 2)

So yes they do kind of alternate, usually 6/7 for the low guy and 10-12 for the high guy, with pretty regular swapping between the two. That's 4 straight games with a TD for Landry while OBJ has just 1 and only his 2nd on the season. Landry's number are looking better this year than last, but receptions are still down from the 100/season average he had in MIA.  He's definitely the value play over OBJ, wish I had gotten him back on my team this year. 

Edited by stevegrab

I can't stand it that I threw Godwin in as part of a big dynasty deal I made last year.  I honestly didn't think he'd blow up like this.  I could really use his points right now on this particular team.  Has probably cost me a shot at the playoffs.  

Landry also has 7 games with 5 receptions or less, didn't score his 1st ts of the season till 4 games ago, and 34 of his 59 rec this season have come in the last 5 games.  It took a while for them to click, but they seem to be on the same page now

Edited by millworkguy

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I can't stand it that I threw Godwin in as part of a big dynasty deal I made last year.  I honestly didn't think he'd blow up like this.  I could really use his points right now on this particular team.  Has probably cost me a shot at the playoffs.  

It could be worse. 

In our dynasty league last year I think I just dropped Godwin.  And I traded Michael Thomas away to pick up Adam Thielen.  I also passed up a trade to give up Drake and acquire Tyreek Hill.  Yes, I'm that stupid.  The best part is I held Drake for over a year knowing he'd be productive.  Then I traded him 3 days before he went to AZ.  For who?  Chase Edmonds of course.  

Edited by 1fastdoc

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

It could be worse. 

In our dynasty league last year I think I just dropped Godwin.  And I traded Michael Thomas away to pick up Adam Thielen.  I also passed up a trade to give up Drake and acquire Tyreek Hill.  Yes, I'm that stupid.  The best part is I held Drake for over a year knowing he'd be productive.  Then I traded him 3 days before he went to AZ.  For who?  Chase Edmonds of course.  

:bio:  :bash::bash::bio:

You should write a book.

Edited by Dcat