Dcat

There are Evans days and there are Godwin days

....and today is a Godwin day (lucky for me).  It would serve mankind well if science could figure out the algorithm to solve this great mystery.

GO GODWIN!!!

Also, there are TE Brate days.

I picked up Evans in a trade. I'm better off overall but I really hate how bad he is against any decent corner. I need to get rid of him next season. 

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It would serve mankind well if science could figure out the algorithm to solve this great mystery.

They could call it "Godwin's Law"?

Because FF is like living in a Concentration Camp.

"There are Evans days and there are Godwin days"

-- does this determine which days you're allowed to fill up your car with gas?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

"There are Evans days and there are Godwin days"

-- does this determine which days you're allowed to fill up your car with gas?

whoever liked my post... you're also old.

23 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Just like odb and Landry, often 1 gets 10 targets, the other 5

Was just reading an article with some feedback on the Dolphins game, one interesting take away is the Browns really don't need a 3rd WR to contribute. Many games a very large portion of the targets go to OBJ + Landry, now with Hunt there he gets some and even Chubb gets some looks. The TE position is pretty empty, and Njoku was a no go again. As for the feeling of disparity between the two, I'll dig up some stats because I enjoy it, but my initial guess is they're closer in targets each game than it seems

last 5 games  numbers are targets, receptions, yards, TDs - bolded targets to read easier

NE  Landry 10, 5, 65, 0  OBJ 7, 5, 52, 0 (17 of 31, Hilliard, Harris and Calloway had 34 each)- Chubb carried 20 times for 131 yards 1 target

DEN  Landry 13, 6, 51, 1  OBJ 6, 5, 87, 0 (19 of 42 Calloway & CCubb with 5 each, TE Harris with 4, others 2 or less - last game b4 Hunt)

BUF  Landry 10, 9, 97, 1  OBJ 12, 5, 57, o (22 of 38 total, Hunt had 9, Chubb had 4, nobody else with more than 2)

PIT  Landry 7, 4, 43, 1  OBJ 10, 4, 60, 0 (17 of 32 passes, Hunt had 7 the only other with more than 2)

MIA  Landry 13, 10, 148, 2  OBJ 8, 6, 84, 1  (21 of 34 total passes (Chubb & Hunt with 7 combined, only others with more than 2)

So yes they do kind of alternate, usually 6/7 for the low guy and 10-12 for the high guy, with pretty regular swapping between the two. That's 4 straight games with a TD for Landry while OBJ has just 1 and only his 2nd on the season. Landry's number are looking better this year than last, but receptions are still down from the 100/season average he had in MIA.  He's definitely the value play over OBJ, wish I had gotten him back on my team this year. 

Edited by stevegrab

I can't stand it that I threw Godwin in as part of a big dynasty deal I made last year.  I honestly didn't think he'd blow up like this.  I could really use his points right now on this particular team.  Has probably cost me a shot at the playoffs.  

Landry also has 7 games with 5 receptions or less, didn't score his 1st ts of the season till 4 games ago, and 34 of his 59 rec this season have come in the last 5 games.  It took a while for them to click, but they seem to be on the same page now

Edited by millworkguy

You have to ride the rollercoaster and if you have both then you have to play both each and every week

Difference is a bad day for Godwin is still like 12 PPR points.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I can't stand it that I threw Godwin in as part of a big dynasty deal I made last year.  I honestly didn't think he'd blow up like this.  I could really use his points right now on this particular team.  Has probably cost me a shot at the playoffs.  

It could be worse. 

In our dynasty league last year I think I just dropped Godwin.  And I traded Michael Thomas away to pick up Adam Thielen.  I also passed up a trade to give up Drake and acquire Tyreek Hill.  Yes, I'm that stupid.  The best part is I held Drake for over a year knowing he'd be productive.  Then I traded him 3 days before he went to AZ.  For who?  Chase Edmonds of course.  

Edited by 1fastdoc

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

It could be worse. 

In our dynasty league last year I think I just dropped Godwin.  And I traded Michael Thomas away to pick up Adam Thielen.  I also passed up a trade to give up Drake and acquire Tyreek Hill.  Yes, I'm that stupid.  The best part is I held Drake for over a year knowing he'd be productive.  Then I traded him 3 days before he went to AZ.  For who?  Chase Edmonds of course.  

:bio:  :bash::bash::bio:

You should write a book.

Edited by Dcat

Drafted Evans as WR1...Godwin bad day is still close to double digits ...Evans is a  Milk Carton Hero when he has a bad day! 

On 11/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, Dcat said:

It would serve mankind well if science could figure out the algorithm to solve this great mystery.

It's the same algorithm that affects the QB himself. Is it a Winston week?? Only the algorithm God's themselves know for sure. 

• Like 1