[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanksgiving Day Football Thread

League_Champion

That was 3 ATL onside recoveries in a row, one negated by penalty. We will never see that again in our lifetimes. Rejoice!

In other news, Dallas has a TON of talent. Fire the coach and then get someone else to do the search OTHER than stupid ass Jerrah and then maybe Dak can realize his potential.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Jerrah loves himself some Jason Garrett. If he ever does get rid of Garrett he'll just find another clown that he can tell what to do. 

Pretty much the point I was making.  Until Jerrah croaks, Cowboys fans have nothing to look forward to.

34 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Pretty much the point I was making.  Until Jerrah croaks, Cowboys fans have nothing to look forward to.

Poor baby.  Try being a Jets fan.  See: Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson IV   

Try being a Redskins fan.  Daniel Snyder says hello. And many many more.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

I think this loss to Buffalo has sealed Garrett's fate.

It's just a matter of when Garrett gets launched.

When I saw the score I think we can start writing the epitaph for Garrett, Jerrah will not be pleased

Pretty funny GIF on Garrett.  I am not ragging on the 'Boys, i have no beef with the Boys personally but this made me laugh 

https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1198746141069692933

Edited by purplemonster

55 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Did they say there have been 3 recovered onside kicks all year and the Falcons recovered 3 in a row? (one called back, incorrectly to boot, should have stood)

3 in a row and yes it should of stood. The same guy recovered the called back one and the one right after that. I never seen 3 in a row. Penalty or not

On 12/1/2019 at 12:43 AM, rajncajn said:

It's even funnier in German

:woot:

They're cackling like school girls and loving every minute of it. Personally, that's as a good as the Marshawn Lynch put-the-team-on-his-back video from years ago.

ETA: Apologies - totally forgot that Lynch was against the Saints :bag:

Edited by stethant

1 hour ago, stethant said:

They're cackling like school girls and loving every minute of it. Personally, that's as a good as the Marshawn Lynch put-the-team-on-his-back video from years ago.

ETA: Apologies - totally forgot that Lynch was against the Saints :bag:

Yeah, that was a painful game to watch. We've had too many to count. It's nice to be in the opposite end of those more often now. 

Edited by rajncajn

On 11/28/2019 at 2:42 PM, Bier Meister said:

there are still non-ppr out there

Raises his hand, still no PPR here, but we do have fractional scoring ;)

Curious where LordOpie got the notion that H2H post season has gone away from fantasy football.  

On 11/28/2019 at 8:03 PM, DMD said:

Have to agree. Dallas still has a shot at the playoffs because the NFC East is so weak, but short of sneaking into the playoffs and doing something, Garrett has to be gone.

They had a telling graphic on the game - Of the six head coaches that have been with their team since at least 2011, Garrett is the only one without a Super Bowl appears. They've never gotten past the Divisional Round in the rare even they made the playoffs at all.

Not getting past the divisional round is a lot more telling to me than that graphic. 3 playoff appearances with Garrett, 2 wins. 

The other part simply tells me that coaches are fired quickly in the NFL, and one guy has accounted for a bunch of SB appearances (5 in 9 years). Kubiak, Fox and Jim Harbaugh all took their teams to a SB since 2011, all 3 lost their jobs since then (all early in their tenure with the team). These days guys who last 8-10 seasons on a team usually have some success, but I'm not sure that making the SB is a good measuring stick. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Raises his hand, still no PPR here, but we do have fractional scoring ;)

Curious where LordOpie got the notion that H2H post season has gone away from fantasy football.  

I think hth is still mainstream.  I like the concept of a combination between hth and high score (VP).