[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys vs Bears (TNF)

League_Champion

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Cobb is as well and I just saw where he put his house up for sale. 

Cobb didn't work out in GB for some reason.  I like him as a bench/bye guy but i wonder where he could be a starter.  He's not getting any younger.

Big John, chime in with thoughts if you are not too busy shoveling.

Edited by SNOWBOUND33

Dak Prescott, who will assuredly be resigned, is also a free agent, but the more likely candidates for the tag are La'el Collins or Byron Jones. Those are positions that you just can't easily replace. The truth if the matter is, the cowboys have a glut of receivers right now and really don't need Cooper that badly. I honestly think they may let him and Cobb walk. 

Edited by rajncajn

3 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Cobb didn't work out in GB for some reason.  I like him as a bench/bye guy but i wonder where he could be a starter.  He's not getting any younger.

I've always thought he'd be a perfect fit in New Orleans. Thought that before he signed with Dallas and still do. 

Everybody, EVERY year always talks about the "talent" they have. The Cowboys to be clear on the "they".  Every. Single. Year. It is entirely media, NFL, and merchandise sales driven because that is what the "money" (see NFL, publications, merchandise production/sales, ect) want. It is a facade. They are Groundhog Day every year. I am never surprised by their collapses because of how their talent is habitually and continually overrated. There is a reason people believe that because the $$$ propagate this myth. and most buy in. It is funny and quite enjoyable to watch every year.  It's never boring, and it makes for good entertainment. That is what the money wants, regardless of the validity of their analysis. 

5 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

The Packers thought Cobb was washed out so they didn't offer him a new contract, letting him walk, which is telling he is not a #1 receiver.

15 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Right.  But do you agree?

For fantasy purposes I agree with John. Even in a team that really needs a WR like Nola or NE he's going to be woefully inconsistent. He's not the type of guy who's going to be able to carry a game. He's more a chain mover now than anything. You'd be relying more on the occasional touchdown and or breakaway reception rather than consistent yards and catches. There will be no consistency and he'll burn you more often than help you. In regular leagues I'd say solid WR4 if he hits with a good team. In deeper leagues I wouldn't mind having him as a 3rd option as long as I was strong at other skill offensive positions. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Everybody, EVERY year always talks about the "talent" they have. The Cowboys to be clear on the "they".  Every. Single. Year. It is entirely media, NFL, and merchandise sales driven because that is what the "money" (see NFL, publications, merchandise production/sales, ect) want. It is a facade. They are Groundhog Day every year. I am never surprised by their collapses because of how their talent is habitually and continually overrated. There is a reason people believe that because the $$$ propagate this myth. and most buy in. It is funny and quite enjoyable to watch every year.  It's never boring, and it makes for good entertainment. That is what the money wants, regardless of the validity of their analysis. 

It's not propaganda that they are the number one offense via yards in the league. And a respectable defense. Something is off there and I do blame the management and coaching because they have the talent.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shaft said:

It's not propaganda that they are the number one offense via yards in the league. And a respectable defense. Something is off there and I do blame the management and coaching because they have the talent.

Consistency, discipline (with assignments), hallmarks of either poor coaching and/or team cohesion. Game plan, adjustments, keeping his players focused even in adversity.  I think that's where he's really lacking. I think his players have no confidence in him and subsequently themselves.  And after so many years of having the players to put everything together and an owner willing to pull out all the stops, I'd have to say Garrett plays a big part in what's wrong with Dallas but we also know Jerry's hand in every decision ties the coach's hand to an extent. I don't think Garrett is a bad coach and I think in the right situation (Atlanta?) He can have some continued success. But I don't think he's a serious playoff caliber coach. He just didn't have the backbone for it.

In Dallas, it's going to take a Bill Parcels, a Jimmy Johnson who can say "screw you Jerry, this is the way it's going to be and if you don't like it then fire me" in order to make it really work.

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

#1 ranked offense & #10 ranked defense. You can't make that up. Where's the propaganda? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

They do seem like a team more talented than their record.  A better coach could have been worth a few more games this year probably.  Not totally sold on Dak as clutch though.  But I am no Cowboys expert, just my sense.  

I agree. I like Dak and think he's a nice QB but I also question his ability to win big games. He piles it on against crap teams and folds like a cheap suit against playoff caliber teams.