[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots accused of Spying on the Bengals

Comm1

This is turning out to be pretty suspicious actually. Obviously because it's them, suspicions are escalated significantly.

"Remember the incredible article about the Patriots and Spygate? An excerpt regarding what the team told staff to say they were doing if they got caught recording signals.

Here we are, years later, and... that's the story"

IMG_20191210_052728.jpg

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/09/patriots-admit-video-crew-violated-league-policy-say-it-was-unintentional/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28261318/bengals-nfl-looking-patriots-taped-sideline?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Gourdeau

https://sports.yahoo.com/spy-gate-20-let-the-tape-speak-for-itself-010347470.html

Very interesting. After the "documentaty shoot with the scoout" the guy taped the bengals sideline for the entire 1st quarter until someone from the begals said wtf.  Security interviewed Guy from NE taping and he wanted to just delete the footage and have it be forgotten. That statement by him is apparently also on tape. Cincy has the tape along with NFL.

• Like 1

Caught again......not surprised.

I am surprised that all teams should be more vigilant on screening their credential media people.

Saying that you wanted to erase the tape does not bode well that you clueless to rules and/or what you were instructed to do.

I hope (again) NFL throws the book at NEP.  

Ooops

Reporting from @pauldehnerjr: "According to sources who have viewed the tape, it shows about eight minutes of footage focusing on recording the Bengals’ sideline. It’s a direct view of the sideline as coaches make signals for plays." https://t.co/kLvekJpgud

Queue 

tenor (2).gif

Edited by Gourdeau

So they hired somebody to follow their advance scout, to CLE to scout the Bengals for an upcoming day, to video tape what is involved in advance scouting. Nobody from the Pats asks the NFL, or the other team involved (Bengals) but they did get approval from the Browns. They also fail to explain to the camera crew, or others from Pats organization there, that these people are NOT ALLOWED to film the sidelines, even though they know that is expressly forbidden and could suspect that it would be done as part of showing "what advance scouting it". I assume the Pats scouts can watch the game, make notes etc. But nobody is allowed to film. 

Right, I'll believe the Pats just forgot all that, simple mistake and all. We'd never bend the rules within an inch of breaking... :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Papajohn said:

They misinterpreted the rulezzzz. Again! They misinterpreted the rulezzzz. Again! They misinterpreted the rulezzzz.

More like knew the rules, ignored them and hoped they would not be caught, or punished, or just don't care and are thumbing their nose at the league. 

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

More like knew the rules, ignored them and hoped they would not be caught, or punished, or just don't care and are thumbing their nose at the league. 

10 hours ago, heehawks said:

Why for any ungawdly reason would you need to video the friggin BUNGALS????? They are terrible. If it was Balt, KC, or even HOU, I would kinda understand, but the BUNGLES??? Just wow. 

Well my guess if this is legit, it wasn't just the bungles, they just got caught with the bungles 

Cheaters don’t do it selectively, they do it all the time. Why would the Astros need to steal signs from Alec Asher? Because that’s what you do when you’re cheating.  

Did they cheat their way to 9 SB appearances and 6 titles? Highly unlikely. But in a league where games are won by inches week in and week out, any unfair advantage is a major major issue.

Edited by Gourdeau

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Cheaters don’t do it selectively, they do it all the time. Why would the Astros need to steal signs from Alec Asher? Because that’s what you do when you’re cheating.  

Did they cheat their way to 9 SB appearances and 6 titles? Highly unlikely. But in a league where games are won by inches week in and week out, any unfair advantage is a major major issue.

When the Eagles lost the Superbowl to The Patriots in 2004 players were complaining. They said the Patriots knew every single play before they ran it, and it was all new verbage. They've been doing this for years and years. I'm sure other teams do it as well, but not as good. Hats off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

When the Eagles lost the Superbowl to The Patriots in 2004 players were complaining. They said the Patriots knew every single play before they ran it, and it was all new verbage. They've been doing this for years and years. I'm sure other teams do it as well, but not as good. Hats off. 

Ever hear Marshall Faulk talk about the 2001 Superbowl ? He will go to his grave saying the same as Eagles. He can barely speak on it he gets so angry 

Sounds like a super-secret plan. Guy attends a football game with 50,000-60,000 other people and then records the sidelines with his cell phone like literally any other person in the stadium could have done. 

Am I missing something? Who gives a rat's ass? If you don't like it hide your signals - it's a completely public place you ninnies!

1 hour ago, stethant said:

Sounds like a super-secret plan. Guy attends a football game with 50,000-60,000 other people and then records the sidelines with his cell phone like literally any other person in the stadium could have done. 

Am I missing something? Who gives a rat's ass? If you don't like it hide your signals - it's a completely public place you ninnies!

SS2.JPG.f2224e8df3cb0bae891f428a3e4aef86.JPG