[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots accused of Spying on the Bengals

Comm1

On 12/12/2019 at 2:40 PM, Gourdeau said:

And barely a mention of bountygate. New Orleans became the sacrificial lamb for everything the Patriots were doing and a diversion for the concussion lawsuits. 

Here's some of the video. I don't understand this totally. So an advance acout can go to the games and watch the substitutions and write down about them but can't film it?  I would think you could learn a lot by just watching the game film is far as who is substituting. What exactly is it about the sideline view that so helpful? Hand signals or defensive calls?  But I thought those were through a headset.  And I would also think somebody in the stands could film it too surreptitiously. Seems like it could be hard to enforce. There's apparently something I'm missing.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fox-airs-clip-of-patriots-footage-that-set-off-latest-alleged-spying-scandal-180049124.html

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Here's some of the video. I don't understand this totally. So an advance acout can go to the games and watch the substitutions and write down about them but can't film it?  I would think you could learn a lot by just watching the game film is far as who is substituting. What exactly is it about the sideline view that so helpful? Hand signals or defensive calls?  But I thought those were through a headset.  And I would also think somebody in the stands could film it too surreptitiously. Seems like it could be hard to enforce. There's apparently something I'm missing.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fox-airs-clip-of-patriots-footage-that-set-off-latest-alleged-spying-scandal-180049124.html

No professional cameras allowed in the stands for 1.. defensive signals can be matched to game film/ notes. Encourage you to read the ESPN report from above detailing Spygate 1 and it will bring to light why this is incident is huge as it relates specific to Patriots and their history

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

The other interesting factor here is that this video guy has been written off as some low level nobody who probably had no idea what he was doing. It's been revealed that he is an 18 YEAR employee of the Pats. 

He gave one of the least convincing explanations on that video too.  That guy sounded guilty.  I Don't know enough about these things to say, but I can say it is odd to know you are in deep doodoo yet also claim total ignorance.  He obviously knows enough that he is extremely worried. 

Edited by purplemonster

28 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

He gave one of the least convincing explanations on that video too.  That guy sounded guilty.  I Don't know enough about these things to say, but I can say it is odd to know you are in deep doodoo yet also claim total ignorance.  He obviously knows enough that he is extremely worried. 

I'll use an analogy... if you're knowingly trespassing, and someone comes to you and says hey get outta here, you're going to say yup sorry my bad. But if you firmly believe you're not trespassing and are allowed to be there, you're gonna say, no buddy you get outta here im fine. 

Case in point, this guy was "sent to do a job". If he truly believes he's doing his job, and some schmuk Bengals security guard is trying to keep you from doing your job, you aren't going to just submit, your're going to say listen call my boss here is his number.  Instead, his go to, after 18 years in the business, is " hey lets just delete this and forget it happened". Ya that's not going to fly..

Lets not forget the initial statement from the patriots on this. "an independent video crew, not associated to the patriots" .. they tried right away to distance themselves.  I'm reading all this malarkey about " bs they don't need to film the bengals" did everyone forget that they were caught filming the jets in 2006 after a 4-12 season. Who it was is irrelevant to the investigation, which is set to kickstart today apparently. They are cooked. 

Edited by Gourdeau

16 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I'll use an analogy... if you're knowingly trespassing, and someone comes to you and says hey get outta here, you're going to say yup sorry my bad. But if you firmly believe you're not trespassing and are allowed to be there, you're gonna say, no buddy you get outta here im fine. 

Case in point, this guy was "sent to do a job". If he truly believes he's doing his job, and some schmuk Bengals security guard is trying to keep you from doing your job, you aren't going to just submit, your're going to say listen call my boss here is his number.  Instead, his go to, after 18 years in the business, is " hey lets just delete this and forget it happened". Ya that's not going to fly..

Lets not forget the initial statement from the patriots on this. "an independent video crew, not associated to the patriots" .. they tried right away to distance themselves.  I'm reading all this malarkey about " bs they don't need to film the bengals" did everyone forget that they were caught filming the jets in 2006 after a 4-12 season. Who it was is irrelevant to the investigation, which is set to kickstart today apparently. They are cooked. 

And another explanation is that the Bengals system is new so they don't have much info on them at all.  You can say sure the Pats should win, but Beli being Beli, he is super detail oriented.  He's not one to overlook anyone or any detail so no, the fact it is the Bengals is definitely not exculpatory.  Of course, this is what everybody in power does when they get in trouble, it's always the rogue underling.  The problem is it's hard to explain that away when he's a veteran employee of your organization that the team specifically sent (and with someone else, who also should know).  Anyway, we'll see how it goes, I don't have all the info and I am not judge and jury, but looks fishy 

8 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

And another explanation is that the Bengals system is new so they don't have much info on them at all.  You can say sure the Pats should win, but Beli being Beli, he is super detail oriented.  He's not one to overlook anyone or any detail so no, the fact it is the Bengals is definitely not exculpatory.  Of course, this is what everybody in power does when they get in trouble, it's always the rogue underling.  The problem is it's hard to explain that away when he's a veteran employee of your organization that the team specifically sent (and with someone else, who also should know).  Anyway, we'll see how it goes, I don't have all the info and I am not judge and jury, but looks fishy 

If some security guard knows the rules, the 18 year video veteran knows the rules. 

• Like 1

If you haven't read the links in this thread you're missing out.  There is some very telling information that I didn't know.  Not just video taping, but seeing practices, etc.  You can't tell me that Beli is the only HC that is extremely detailed and that the Patriots are the only team that practice every little detail.  Something is amiss.  In the salary cap era, it is virtually impossible to continue to win like the Patriots have.  Every team gets hammered with huge contracts and have to let other key pieces go.  Again, go read the articles and you see what you think.  In my opinion, Beli should be completely banned from the NFL moving forward since they've been caught yet again.  I'm an admitted Bronco fan and therefore biased, but cheating is cheating.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Now having said that, how many other teams do you think take it to this level?  I believe every team does some of this, but maybe not to the extent of the Patriots.  Just a thought.

15 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

If you haven't read the links in this thread you're missing out.  There is some very telling information that I didn't know.  Not just video taping, but seeing practices, etc.  You can't tell me that Beli is the only HC that is extremely detailed and that the Patriots are the only team that practice every little detail.  Something is amiss.  In the salary cap era, it is virtually impossible to continue to win like the Patriots have.  Every team gets hammered with huge contracts and have to let other key pieces go.  Again, go read the articles and you see what you think.  In my opinion, Beli should be completely banned from the NFL moving forward since they've been caught yet again.  I'm an admitted Bronco fan and therefore biased, but cheating is cheating.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Now having said that, how many other teams do you think take it to this level?  I believe every team does some of this, but maybe not to the extent of the Patriots.  Just a thought.

Banned? I'd say 1 year suspension a la Bounty Gate. 

10 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Banned? I'd say 1 year suspension a la Bounty Gate. 

Maybe I'm being to harsh, but how many times are they going to get caught before they really get penalized?  This is worse than bounty gate in my opinion.  Both are bad but the cheating and continued cheating is ridiculous.   

No way in hell the NFL gives him a lifetime ban, Kraft wont allow it. 

Repeated cheating and not changing is bad, like thumbing your nose at authority. 

I think most teams do some of this, but the Pats have (based on some stuff I've read) built an entire industry around gathering info on teams in an attempt to steal their plays/signs.