Comm1

Patriots accused of Spying on the Bengals

Recommended Posts

I have heard it was a big misunderstanding. But still the headline was not surprising when I seen it 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is turning out to be pretty suspicious actually. Obviously because it's them, suspicions are escalated significantly.

 

"Remember the incredible article about the Patriots and Spygate? An excerpt regarding what the team told staff to say they were doing if they got caught recording signals.

Here we are, years later, and... that's the story"

 

 

IMG_20191210_052728.jpg

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/09/patriots-admit-video-crew-violated-league-policy-say-it-was-unintentional/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28261318/bengals-nfl-looking-patriots-taped-sideline?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Gourdeau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://sports.yahoo.com/spy-gate-20-let-the-tape-speak-for-itself-010347470.html

 

Very interesting. After the "documentaty shoot with the scoout" the guy taped the bengals sideline for the entire 1st quarter until someone from the begals said wtf.  Security interviewed Guy from NE taping and he wanted to just delete the footage and have it be forgotten. That statement by him is apparently also on tape. Cincy has the tape along with NFL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Why post this?

So we can talk about it 🤪 Err Err 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caught again......not surprised.

 

I am surprised that all teams should be more vigilant on screening their credential media people.

 

Saying that you wanted to erase the tape does not bode well that you clueless to rules and/or what you were instructed to do.

 

I hope (again) NFL throws the book at NEP.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooops

 


Reporting from @pauldehnerjr: "According to sources who have viewed the tape, it shows about eight minutes of footage focusing on recording the Bengals’ sideline. It’s a direct view of the sideline as coaches make signals for plays." https://t.co/kLvekJpgud

 

Queue 

tenor (2).gif

Edited by Gourdeau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they hired somebody to follow their advance scout, to CLE to scout the Bengals for an upcoming day, to video tape what is involved in advance scouting. Nobody from the Pats asks the NFL, or the other team involved (Bengals) but they did get approval from the Browns. They also fail to explain to the camera crew, or others from Pats organization there, that these people are NOT ALLOWED to film the sidelines, even though they know that is expressly forbidden and could suspect that it would be done as part of showing "what advance scouting it". I assume the Pats scouts can watch the game, make notes etc. But nobody is allowed to film. 

 

Right, I'll believe the Pats just forgot all that, simple mistake and all. We'd never bend the rules within an inch of breaking... :rolleyes: 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They misinterpreted the rulezzzz. Again! They misinterpreted the rulezzzz. Again! They misinterpreted the rulezzzz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Papajohn said:

They misinterpreted the rulezzzz. Again! They misinterpreted the rulezzzz. Again! They misinterpreted the rulezzzz.

 

More like knew the rules, ignored them and hoped they would not be caught, or punished, or just don't care and are thumbing their nose at the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

More like knew the rules, ignored them and hoped they would not be caught, or punished, or just don't care and are thumbing their nose at the league. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Papajohn said:

 

 

Didn't make that connection, too funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why for any ungawdly reason would you need to video the friggin BUNGALS????? They are terrible. If it was Balt, KC, or even HOU, I would kinda understand, but the BUNGLES??? Just wow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, heehawks said:

Why for any ungawdly reason would you need to video the friggin BUNGALS????? They are terrible. If it was Balt, KC, or even HOU, I would kinda understand, but the BUNGLES??? Just wow. 

 

Well my guess if this is legit, it wasn't just the bungles, they just got caught with the bungles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

 

Well my guess if this is legit, it wasn't just the bungles, they just got caught with the bungles 

 

+1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're filming this series to show what an advance scout does They cheat, so of course we'll do some extra cheating to further illustrate, and we'll play dumb if we're ever caught. 

 

Not the Patriots, no way :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheaters don’t do it selectively, they do it all the time. Why would the Astros need to steal signs from Alec Asher? Because that’s what you do when you’re cheating.  

 

Did they cheat their way to 9 SB appearances and 6 titles? Highly unlikely. But in a league where games are won by inches week in and week out, any unfair advantage is a major major issue.

Edited by Gourdeau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Cheaters don’t do it selectively, they do it all the time. Why would the Astros need to steal signs from Alec Asher? Because that’s what you do when you’re cheating.  

 

Did they cheat their way to 9 SB appearances and 6 titles? Highly unlikely. But in a league where games are won by inches week in and week out, any unfair advantage is a major major issue.

 

When the Eagles lost the Superbowl to The Patriots in 2004 players were complaining. They said the Patriots knew every single play before they ran it, and it was all new verbage. They've been doing this for years and years. I'm sure other teams do it as well, but not as good. Hats off. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

 

When the Eagles lost the Superbowl to The Patriots in 2004 players were complaining. They said the Patriots knew every single play before they ran it, and it was all new verbage. They've been doing this for years and years. I'm sure other teams do it as well, but not as good. Hats off. 

 

 

Ever hear Marshall Faulk talk about the 2001 Superbowl ? He will go to his grave saying the same as Eagles. He can barely speak on it he gets so angry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a super-secret plan. Guy attends a football game with 50,000-60,000 other people and then records the sidelines with his cell phone like literally any other person in the stadium could have done. 

 

Am I missing something? Who gives a rat's ass? If you don't like it hide your signals - it's a completely public place you ninnies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.