[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs Eagles (MNF)

League_Champion

On 12/9/2019 at 8:26 PM, League_Champion said:

Too bad. This has no business being a prime time game. 

Prime time games, especially MNF have not been blockbuster big games for many years now, since NBC got the Sunday night package and MNF was relegated to ESPN. 

The big games every week are

1) SNF

2) late slot Sunday DH (e.g. Rams-Cowboys this week)

3) TNF (since Fox got the package, they're even allowing better games that would normally be on Fox on Sunday to go there)

the rest get split among regional games with lower distribution and MNF

Browns-Jets was a week 2 MNF game, did that scream big game with great teams? (I know some people thought Browns were a 10-12 win playoff team).

Also don't forget, this is the 50th anniversary of MNF, and they along with the NFL worked to have a lot of the great matchups from the past to occur. Just like we've seen a lot of the past SB matchups being used for featured games with the 100th NFL season. 

On 12/10/2019 at 7:40 AM, League_Champion said:

That was an embarrassment. That entire division is a joke. Nice job by Wentz but he still has garbage to work with going forward. 

They'll still probably win the division, but the NFC wild card teams are going to be good (SEA, SF, MIN, GB) and will slaughter the Eagles. Hardly a healthy WR, no Howard, that leaves the two TEs and Sanders to carry the offense. And if Lane Johnson is hurt long term, the OL is much worse. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

They'll still probably win the division, but the NFC wild card teams are going to be good (SEA, SF, MIN, GB) and will slaughter the Eagles. Hardly a healthy WR, no Howard, that leaves the two TEs and Sanders to carry the offense. And if Lane Johnson is hurt long term, the OL is much worse. 

My thought exactly. If they are lucky enough to win that scrub division they'll get torn apart by any of those teams. At this point I can't even see them getting out of the division. I can't recall this many injuries to key players not to mention the secondary is a turnstile. Wentz is working with practice squad garbage for receivers. 

8 hours ago, League_Champion said:

My thought exactly. If they are lucky enough to win that scrub division they'll get torn apart by any of those teams. At this point I can't even see them getting out of the division. I can't recall this many injuries to key players not to mention the secondary is a turnstile. Wentz is working with practice squad garbage for receivers. 

I am firing up Ertz with confidence on my not competitive league.  Starting him over Julio Jones.  Who is Wentz going to throw to?  He basically has to use him.  Golladay and Godwin are essentially in the same boat

7 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I am firing up Ertz with confidence on my not competitive league.  Starting him over Julio Jones.  Who is Wentz going to throw to?  He basically has to use him.  Golladay and Godwin are essentially in the same boat

I agree. Ertz will probably catch 10+ balls this weekend and hopefully 2 TDs.