[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Venting: Never bench your studs BS!!!!

Shaft

Yup, I'm pissed. I got eliminated in a 16 team league last night because Kamara and Barkley got me 9.5 points combined!!!!!! I lost by fuggin 1 point, a point you can trip into. A point my 3 year old can crawl to. I said Barkley has sucked, bench him and start Montgomery or Murray, but nah, I said "never bench your manurety ass studs." They're manurety, but don't bench them because they're your studs and positive regression is due.  Don't bench your #1 pick who has (the really bad word)ed you all year. Nah, don't bench your home RB. Don't get cute. Well, the cute ones who started Ryan Tannehill, Darius Slayton, and Robby Anderson are moving on while the studs will be playing for the glorified 5th place. Thank you wonderful, magical, manurety studs.

Go straight to your bedroom young man!

Me thinks you may need a little vacation from fantasy football. However, I've been there (we all have), losses like this never leave you. Never seen shafty like this!

Btw, the invite to my playoff fantasy league should be in your inbox shortly, so wipe off those tears, change your undies, and saddle up for the next wild ride cowboy!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, irish said:

Go straight to your bedroom young man!

Me thinks you may need a little vacation from fantasy football. However, I've been there (we all have), losses like this never leave you. Never seen shafty like this!

Btw, the invite to my playoff fantasy league should be in your inbox shortly, so wipe off those tears, change your undies, and saddle up for the next wild ride cowboy!!

LMAO! I almost text this directly to you! At least Huddle cleaned up the language. I'm still alive in the BoTH league, we'll see how that plays out.

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Which is why being clever is dumb. So many benched ertz during the season. I played him every week. Ertz was the #1 TE in total and average points thelast 4 weeks. And #3 for the season to date.

Ride the rollercoaster or kick yourself the next day.

except for last week i started him and his 24 yds cost me, i lost by .5.  I wish i was clever and started Griffin, I would have won by .1 :unsure:

18 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Which is why being clever is dumb. So many benched ertz during the season. I played him every week. Ertz was the #1 TE in total and average points thelast 4 weeks. And #3 for the season to date.

Ride the rollercoaster or kick yourself the next day.

Ertz was bench worthy quite often this season, the problem was predicting when that was. 

Yes he's been better recently (good games in 4 of the last 5) but the games before that were horrible, maybe better for PPR leagues. But 1 TD in 8 games and not a single game over 75 yards is pretty average. Weeks 6-8 were particularly brutal (rec, yards, TDs)

That is not even mediocre TE production, that is downright bad. His only stinker in the last 5 was week 13 @MIA (one of the worst teams in the NFL) with a 3,24,0 line Every other week he has 90+yards and averaged a TD in each game.  In 2018 he had 3 games in first 5 over 75 yards, and touchdowns more regularly starting in week 5

last year he had 116,1163,8  this year he'll be lucky to hit 100 rec or 100 yards, and probably fewer TDs as well. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Ertz was bench worthy quite often this season, the problem was predicting when that was. 

Yes he's been better recently (good games in 4 of the last 5) but the games before that were horrible, maybe better for PPR leagues. But 1 TD in 8 games and not a single game over 75 yards is pretty average. Weeks 6-8 were particularly brutal (rec, yards, TDs)

That is not even mediocre TE production, that is downright bad. His only stinker in the last 5 was week 13 @MIA (one of the worst teams in the NFL) with a 3,24,0 line Every other week he has 90+yards and averaged a TD in each game.  In 2018 he had 3 games in first 5 over 75 yards, and touchdowns more regularly starting in week 5

last year he had 116,1163,8  this year he'll be lucky to hit 100 rec or 100 yards, and probably fewer TDs as well. 

I think the same logic applies to Barkley, he had two decent games to start the season, but has barely produced flex numbers since. It hasn't even been a roller coaster ride, it's been pathetic. And Kamara isn't too far off. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Who did you start over him? 

I did this too unfortunately.  It wasn't clear until game time whether he was playing.  I thought the risk of a donut was not small.   I have Higbee  so I'll play him.  If Engram is back could play him as well.  

I am firmly in the start your studs category but this one came down to the wire. Jacobs for instance will be on my roster this week

Edited by purplemonster
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MTSuper7 said:

I think “always start your studs” is an excuse people use for not taking calculated risks with their lineup decisions. If I had stuck with that mantra, I would have let OBJ sink my team down the stretch.

I don't think that's quite what people mean though. We are talking benching someone who had one bad game or maybe even a couple bad games in favor of someone who had a few good ones or who has a better matchup.  OBJ has been pretty poor all year and no one will fault you for sitting him.  I may sit Leveon next week if I advance and play someone like Laird if I have to because Leveon is no longer stud territory.  We aren't talking studs who are no longer studs 

In the OP's case it is tough because Kamara, while legitimately game breaking, hasn't been quite the same this year.  And it hasn't been a few weeks, it's been most of the year.  And Saquon hasn't been quite the same since his injury but nobody knows if he will turn it around and when.  So yes, I guess they are both "studs" but they are on the downswing of stud-dom right now anyway.  You can believe I will be trying to pick up Saquon next year when he is healthy. 

11 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

I think “always start your studs” is an excuse people use for not taking calculated risks with their lineup decisions. If I had stuck with that mantra, I would have let OBJ sink my team down the stretch.

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to take it to those extremes. There is an ebb and flow to an NFL season where things change week to week. This is exactly why you don't need to draft a QB early. 

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

Reading this as I sit here and ponder d Adam's or z pascal.  With Hilton a game time decision I cant pull the trigger and start Pascal .  (My other 2 are Landry and woods) 

Landry

On 12/12/2019 at 11:40 PM, LordOpie said:

so i tried this and benched mark andews...  i think this will bite me in the butt.

so, nbys

Yeah, I benched Andres too.  For Njoku...  And of course, by the time the news came out, I couldn't pick up another TE to play.  Luckily, I still ended up winning my game or I'd be really mad.

18 hours ago, monster2333 said:

Yeah, I benched Andres too.  For Njoku...  And of course, by the time the news came out, I couldn't pick up another TE to play.  Luckily, I still ended up winning my game or I'd be really mad.

OUCH, that would have left a mark, and a strong dislike for Freddie Kitchens. Of course Andrews is the much better TE and much more likely to score. Njoku had played one game after returning from injury, and said something that put him in Kitchens dog house.