[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Venting: Never bench your studs BS!!!!

Shaft

On 12/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, stevegrab said:

OUCH, that would have left a mark, and a strong dislike for Freddie Kitchens. Of course Andrews is the much better TE and much more likely to score. Njoku had played one game after returning from injury, and said something that put him in Kitchens dog house. 

No question about that.  I've defended my reasons (to myself... lol) as Andrews was hurt and playing on a short week in a game that was likely to be blowout, possibly limiting his snap count.  Njoku was playing against the worst defense against TEs and did have a game to get his legs back under him.  Adding to it was that I was out of town for work and didn't have the ability to closely follow any pregame news on Thursday night, so I had to make the decision earlier than usual and didn't want to leave him in the lineup only to find out he was a gametime scratch.  The fact that RSJ replaced Njoku and did actually outscore Andrews leads me to think it would have been the right call, barring the unexpected benching of course.

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge now.  And may serve a purpose as a good reminder to not try and get too cute in the championship game this week!  

I’m benching Todd Gurley this weekend if there is definitive news about Cook and Mattison prior to the Rams game (I have Boone). Rams at Niners is a terrible matchup for Gurley. It sucks the Rams play Saturday and the Vikes play Monday. Gurley still qualifies as a stud, no?

10 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

I’m benching Todd Gurley this weekend if there is definitive news about Cook and Mattison prior to the Rams game (I have Boone). Rams at Niners is a terrible matchup for Gurley. It sucks the Rams play Saturday and the Vikes play Monday. Gurley still qualifies as a stud, no?

Honestly, I'd say no.  Last year he had 1250 rush yards 580 receiving and 21 TD's at this time.  This year, 740 rush, 186 receiving, and 12 TD's.  The TD's are what are keeping him afloat right now.  

At least you didn't lose to a BS stat change.  I originally WON a tie game that went to a overtime extra player tie breaker.

Then a stat change at 10 AM on WEDNESDAY morning.

Avonta Maddox was credited with a sack on the last play of the game in the Eagles/Washington game.

On the play, Dwayne Haskins is clearly attempting to pitch the ball backwards to keep the play alive.  If it had gone forward, it would have been ruled an incomplete pass.

The announcers state "he flips the ball away" .. "trying to hope something good happens".

If he was in the grasp, and recorded as a sack, then it shouldn't have been ruled a fumble.

It clearly wasn't a strip sack.

Terrible stat change.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/highlight-scoop-and-score-td-at-the-buzzer-nigel-bradham-is-on-the-dot-for-eagle

1 hour ago, Rodgers That said:

At least you didn't lose to a BS stat change.  I originally WON a tie game that went to a overtime extra player tie breaker.

Avonta Maddox was credited with a sack on the last play of the game in the Eagles/Washington game.

On the play, Dwayne Haskins is clearly attempting to pitch the ball backwards to keep the play alive.  If it had gone forward, it would have been ruled an incomplete pass.

The announcers state "he flips the ball away" .. "trying to hope something good happens".

If he was in the grasp, and recorded as a sack, then it shouldn't have been ruled a fumble.

Terrible stat change.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/highlight-scoop-and-score-td-at-the-buzzer-nigel-bradham-is-on-the-dot-for-eagle

Wow that blows, makes me wonder if IDP opens you up to more stat changes (who gets a tackle, what is rules a sack etc). I know they can happen with offensive players, changing a pass to run or vice versa and other stuff. 

Our league site (CBS) makes game results final on Tuesday morning, if there is a later stat correction that impacts a game it does not not alter the game result automatically. (Not sure it impacts anything automatically.) Would really make a mess of the Wednesday waiver run if suddenly team records are getting shuffled around and waiver order is changing. 

6 hours ago, Rodgers That said:

Terrible stat change.

They ruled that a strip sack?? That's total BS. I'd be pissed to.