[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamar Jackson

CowboysDiehard

13-1 this season and it's all thanks to him. Having Derrick Henry didnt hurt one bit, but man, Lamar solidified my winning season. Such a fun guy to watch. After tonight's performance (fingers crossed) I should win the first playoff round and move on to the championship round. Not bad for a running back?

Usually, the magic player is an RB. The last two years, it was a QB. Wonder if Kyler Murray will make a big second-year leap like Mahomes and Jackson? Not as good a runner as Jackson or a passer like Mahomes though.

59 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Jackson's improvement of his passing game and decision making is one of the biggest surprises of the year.  As far as positive surprises, hard to top it. 

Amazing isn't it? I can't remember a player improving as much as he has over a season. I didn't see it coming but I'm happy for him. He worked his ass off. 

• Like 1

His throws are effortless, flick of the wrist, very Mahomes-esque. Best part about him is he seems to have a great head on his shoulders and seems very focused on the team and not himself/stats. As a Steeler fan, its gonna be awesome to have him in the division for the next 15 years :( 

4 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

His throws are effortless, flick of the wrist, very Mahomes-esque. Best part about him is he seems to have a great head on his shoulders and seems very focused on the team and not himself/stats. As a Steeler fan, its gonna be awesome to have him in the division for the next 15 years :( 

The good news is he'll get slower.  But the bad news is he's very young still.  22.  

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Running QBs don't last that long, so that would be quite the trend breaking. 

39 minutes ago, Def. said:

Running QBs don't last that long, so that would be quite the trend breaking. 

I don't think many QBs last that long period. It will be interesting to see how he evolves, because we've never seen a running QB with stats like this. But yes, history is not on his side. BUT if he can stay like this for 5-8 years and continue to evolve, which is realistic, his resume will be legendary. That's a big "BUT." 

13 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

He's the golden ticket this year.   Just hung a 60 spot on me so far, and not done yet.  :sad:  

Congrats to all who drafted him.  Enjoy your championships. 

60?  You must have a fairly unique scoring system.  I got 39.2 out of him in a BOTH league.  Happy with that for sure.  

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

that's how the AFC East has felt since 2001.

49 minutes ago, darin3 said:

60?  You must have a fairly unique scoring system.  I got 39.2 out of him in a BOTH league.  Happy with that for sure.  

The BoTH league I'm in got him 49.2. It's 6 points for passing TDs.

26 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He has to learn to take less hits. He got drilled a couple times last night. 

Hmmm...I thought he did a good job of running out bounds last night. But either way this is true, he will have to learn how to protect himself better.

9 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

We've seen plenty of running QBs like this...Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, Cam Newton...or at least I've seen them. :)

Not on this level though. Perhaps Vick is the closest thing but he wasn't near as deadly as Lamar. Lamar has been a starter for less than 2 years and already broke Vick's record. 

8 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Guess you could quantify 'this level'...because RG3, Randall Cunningham, Vick, Newton, Culpepper, all had some really extreme early years in both running/passing stats.  Not saying Jackson isn't playing special, but we've definitely seen this before.

But they haven't had THIS type year. Nobody has, it's unchartered territory. 

2 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

We've seen plenty of running QBs like this...Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, Cam Newton...or at least I've seen them. :)

No we haven't. None of those mentioned have come close to what Lamar Jackson is doing this season. Maybe 2015 Cam Newton. Over 1,000 yards rushing with 30 passing TDs (maybe 40 by the end of the season) and single digit interceptions.