[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamar Jackson

CowboysDiehard

1 hour ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

So Culpepper's 2004 season with over 5K total yards, 39 TDs, 11 ints, wasn't THIS type of year...okay, whatever. :huh:

In 2004, Daunte only rushed  for 400 yards. Shoot, Manning's 2004 was better than Culpepper's 2004. 

21 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Amazing isn't it? I can't remember a player improving as much as he has over a season. I didn't see it coming but I'm happy for him. He worked his ass off. 

We/everyone probably should have given him more credit last year.  He was only 21 at the time.  I Didn't realize he was as young as he was until this year. 

34 minutes ago, buddahj said:

Playing against him in a 6pt/TD league so I'm already down 47

Have him in another league that the playoff rounds are 2 weeks long and I started this week down 34. 

I was very fortunate and picked him up as a free agent in almost every league. In other leagues I drafted him late as a QB2. Very reminiscent of what happened with Mahomes. He just busted out 

Owners in dynasty leagues that have him have got to feel good about their team going forward regardless of who they have at other positions.  

11 hours ago, Wpob said:

Owners in dynasty leagues that have him have got to feel good about their team going forward regardless of who they have at other positions.  

Sell Sell Sell...seriously, can get stupid prices now for a QB that carries a lot of risk. 

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Sell Sell Sell...seriously, can get stupid prices now for a QB that carries a lot of risk. 

I do agree there is a lot of risk there.  His elusiveness requires maximum athleticism and a lot of stuff happens over the years, age, injury, etc that will sharply curtail his game.  And at some point he's going to have to rely on his throwing.  Which looks good now, but might look different when people aren't as afraid of his running.  I would probably be on the sell high curve here myself.  He's at peak value.  

7 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I do agree there is a lot of risk there.  His elusiveness requires maximum athleticism and a lot of stuff happens over the years, age, injury, etc that will sharply curtail his game.  And at some point he's going to have to rely on his throwing.  Which looks good now, but might look different when people aren't as afraid of his running.  I would probably be on the sell high curve here myself.  He's at peak value.  

I agree. He'll eventually come down to earth somewhat as teams figure out how to to scheme for him, etc. It's happening with Mahomes to an extent. You can't sustain those numbers in the NFL, it's impossible. 

From experience I also know that you do not need a "stud" QB to win a Fantasy Championship. That being said I'd need a pretty decent haul before I moved on from Lamar right now. 

11 hours ago, Def. said:

Agreed. It's hard to do, but think about the people who sold high on Mahomes in dynasty, they should feel pretty good right now.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, Gourdeau said:

His throws are effortless, flick of the wrist, very Mahomes-esque. Best part about him is he seems to have a great head on his shoulders and seems very focused on the team and not himself/stats. As a Steeler fan, its gonna be awesome to have him in the division for the next 15 years :( 

I was hoping Bake Mayfield was finally the real deal coming at time when the Bengals are a mess, Ben is getting old and the Ravens didn't seem to have a very good QB. (Based on watching Lamar play some last season in NFL.)  Amazing how he went from a below average QB to one that is so good. I recall a piece on him where he mentioned having trouble throwing a spiral his rookie year in the NFL, ball was bigger and hard to grip, etc. He worked hard on that in the off season, and now he's amazing. 

I hate the Ravens, almost as much (at times more) than the Steelers. But if this means the end of Pats dominance (PIT too) I think I can live with that. He and Mahomes should have some monumental playoff battles. 

On 12/13/2019 at 4:45 PM, Shaft said:

No we haven't. None of those mentioned have come close to what Lamar Jackson is doing this season. Maybe 2015 Cam Newton. Over 1,000 yards rushing with 30 passing TDs (maybe 40 by the end of the season) and single digit interceptions.

This, he is putting up much higher stats than any running QB in the past, and doing a lot throwing the ball too, which is a big surprise after last year. 

BTW our league is 6pt/passing TD, Jackson scored 42.8, the owner went 12-1 this season, and was the #1 seed. He also has Ingram (22.6) Hopkins (11.9) and Kelce (14.2) as some of his key players. He's never won a title, and may just do it this year and have a bright future. 

In my local (12 team PPR redraft, 1 keeper) he's put up 455 points in 15 games. I'm a long time FF player (about 25 years give or take) and I KNOW all the rules about drafting and keeping QB's in redraft leagues. "Draft late, you can get value at the end of the draft" blah blah blah. (I actually GOT Jackson in the 10th lol) But how can I leave that much potential to the dogs to feed on next year and not keep all those (potential) points for myself? I don't trust RB's from year to year and WR's are such divas and delicate they will always let you down. He's young, he can do it all over again I just know it. (Yes, I know the Mahomes story line). As I look at my SB playing team, they look  NOTHING like what I drafted way back in Aug. Mostly timely FA acquisitions and a trade here and there. I always consider myself a pretty decent roster manager and I seem to be able to snag really strong FA's along the way. I figure I can build a team around LJax no?

Man, it's gonna be a long off season. :brew: