[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dick move or am I overreacting?

jalvara

So I advanced to the championship game in a league that has been operating for 10 years. This is my first Championship appearance after so many close calls and much heartbreak. Everyone has been mentioning that to me and are aware that this is my first legitimate shot at a title. I put in a waiver claim for Perriman. I figured I would get him, since the guy I’m playing in the championship game doesn’t have any FAAB left and I still had $1 left.

To my surprise, the guy I beat in the semi-final (most successful manager in the history of our league and #1 overall seed this year by a country mile, whereas I have never had much success in this league and I had a rollercoaster of a season that had me stumbling in at the 6th seed with a 5-8 record, and just getting hot in the last two weeks to make the championship game) put in a claim, and he got Perriman since he had more FAAB (his $5 to my $1) left than me.

Our league is low stakes ($30 fee per team) and it’s always been more about the honor that comes with winning it than the prize money. 3rd place gets $36, so he is playing for something, but I’m not sure if that really justifies the move. I know I should have saved more FAAB to avoid this situation, but it still doesn’t sit right. Not sure he needed to make the move since his WRs are Edelman and Thomas, and he usually plays Metcalf at the flex. The move could have potentially helped put me over the top since my options at flex are Crowder and J. Brown. 

Am I blowing this out of proportion, since he is still playing for something even if it is basically his entry fee, or is this a situation where he should have at least waited for the teams in contention for the championship to make their moves first? 

Edited by jalvara

I think he’s doing the right thing. Be happy you have guys that play even when they get knocked out of the championship race. I think it should be like that. If I lose in the playoffs I still try to win the consolation bracket lol. I get what your saying. Is it a dick move? Maybe but it’s part of the game. (Unless you’ve established rules that say otherwise) 

• Thanks 1

Dick move.... In our league if you are out of the playoffs or out of any championship league contention you don't put waiver claims in.  If you are in the semi-final you work between your bench and your starters and it's worth a lot more than your  prize money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Completely fine.

So he's not allowed to keep fighting for 3rd place and that $36 bucks he could win? That's a lot of beer, or diapers, or whatever.

And, as pointed out above, you should be happy that managers are still trying. Far better than a league in which they give up early. You wouldn't want your NFL players to do the same...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jalvara said:

Am I blowing this out of proportion, since he is still playing for something even if it is basically his entry fee, or is this a situation where he should have at least waited for the teams in contention for the championship to make their moves first? 

You are blowing this out of proportion IMO.  Nothing wrong with what he did as he is still playing for something.  

I've never heard of waiting for the teams in the winners bracket to make claims, although most leagues I run always a have a week 16 high score payout along with running total points through week 16 to keep everyone interested every week.

• Thanks 1

I just don't see it that way I think the first dibs should go to who are playing in the final.... Although there's something to play for for third place their team did not make the championship game and those two individuals should have priority Access or sole access 2 waivers

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, I would let it go. Since he's still in the money you can't blame him. I don't see it as a dick move at all. 

I agree.  He's still playing for the paycheck even if it's only $30+.  If no $$ involved then yeah it would be a dick move

• Thanks 1

Only a dick move if your opponent told him to pick him up so you wouldn’t get him

otherwise it’s fair game in my opinion he’s still playing for money unless your league has a rule or agreed upon policy. If it was somebody who wasn’t playing for 3rd and was eliminated from the money then it is a huge dick move 

• Thanks 1