[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Coughlin fired

Big John

That Foles contract absolutely killed them. They can't trade or cut him right now. 

Complicating matters for Jacksonville is the $88 million contract Foles signed during the offseason, which includes a eye-popping $50.125 million guaranteed. “They'd eat almost $34 million in 2020 dead money if they cut him and almost $19 million if they traded him,” ESPN's Dan Graziano pointed out on Monday.

39 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That Foles contract absolutely killed them. They can't trade or cut him right now. 

Complicating matters for Jacksonville is the $88 million contract Foles signed during the offseason, which includes a eye-popping $50.125 million guaranteed. “They'd eat almost $34 million in 2020 dead money if they cut him and almost $19 million if they traded him,” ESPN's Dan Graziano pointed out on Monday.

If they truly do not believe in Foles, I think they should try to see what they can get from him in a trade before the draft.  Otherwise, just cut him in June.

I bet MIA would then scoop him up unless they draft a quality starting QB.

32 minutes ago, XFlash said:

If they truly do not believe in Foles, I think they should try to see what they can get from him in a trade before the draft.  Otherwise, just cut him in June.

I bet MIA would then scoop him up unless they draft a quality starting QB.

With that salary he's pretty much untradable. They'd lose 19 million just by trading him. Miami is getting away from the big contracts, they'd want no part of him. 

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

A Jags fan on another forum has repeatedly told me that Foles will be gone, they will either cut him or trade him. He thinks they'll trade him in a way similar to the Texans trading Osweiler's bloated contract to the Browns with the Browns getting a nice draft pick (2nd round I recall). I told him trades like that are rare, so I wouldn't count on it. He's certain it will happen because not getting rid of Foles would be a disaster. Of course he also repeatedly says the Jaguars are the worst franchise, with the worst leadership in the NFL so anything is possible. 

That's 

33 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

A Jags fan on another forum has repeatedly told me that Foles will be gone, they will either cut him or trade him. He thinks they'll trade him in a way similar to the Texans trading Osweiler's bloated contract to the Browns with the Browns getting a nice draft pick (2nd round I recall). I told him trades like that are rare, so I wouldn't count on it. He's certain it will happen because not getting rid of Foles would be a disaster. Of course he also repeatedly says the Jaguars are the worst franchise, with the worst leadership in the NFL so anything is possible. 

That's the only way I see it happening but I think it would take a lot of picks to take on that contact. Jacksonville needs all they can get. It will be interesting for sure.