Sign in to follow this  
monster2333

Championship strategy

I promise I'm not trying to sneak an advice post into this forum, but I'm wondering how much people here change up their strategy for the championship game.  I've got a couple different things I'm thinking about this week...

#1 - Part of the reason I'm considering putting Perriman in my lineup is that he plays at noon on Saturday - the first game of the weekend.  If he has a great game, I can stick with a safer, high-floor lineup.  If he busts, I can take a chance on some other high-ceiling guys to make up the difference.  I wouldn't think about this during a normal regular season game and typically don't like having guys play early (AKA Thursday night).

#2 - Vikings RBs.  My opponent has both Cook & Mattison and I picked up Boone.  Neither of us have anyone else in the Monday night game.  I have ARob in the Sunday night game, he has nobody.  Even though I've got other guys I like more than ARob this week, I'm thinking of leaving him in a flex spot to have that flexibility going into Sunday/Monday night.  Maybe the Vikes RB situation is more clear.  Maybe I'm ahead and can play it safer with ARob.  Maybe I'm down or it's close and I try to offset his Cook/Mattison with Boone.  Again, not something I'd normally consider - I'd just start the guys that I think are going to score the most.

Anyone else doing something outside of their norm?  Or do you just treat it like any other week?

Edited by monster2333

As a Cook/Mattison owner that got aced out of Boone I'm avoiding them both and just playing Hunt in his place. I won with the 7pts Cook got me last week so no big deal,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monster2333 said:

I just start the guys that I think are going to score the most.

Anyone else doing something outside of their norm?  Or do you just treat it like any other week?

The bolded

• Like 1

I'm just scrambling for warm bodies and praying at this point... :unsure:

• Like 1

Pick the players you think will score the most points. That's the strategy 

• Like 1

Not too much different than the normal, but scrutinizing the injury updates, match ups, and what defensive players might be covering my players.

Cook being out (maybe) is too risky to take a chance on.

In one league I'm trying to get Washington in place of AP.

Another league I got one move only.  Have to decide to go with Mostert or Washington to replace Cook.  Singletary is not the greatest match up against NE.  OR pick up Perriman since I have Godwin.

I do agree with your logic and approach.  Winston got a fully practice and will play.  I think Perriman and OJ Howard get the boost in targets.  No matter what, TBB is going to be throwing a lot.  Either close game, winning, or losing.  Their RBs are not the greatest at moving the chains.

• Like 1

I don't treat it like every other week because there is no next week to get over a bad decision, you just have the whole off season.

Outside of my set starters, I usually go into the ceiling vs floor argument with my WR3 or flex players. I'm only playing for 3rd place this year, but there is still a decent pot. With that being said, I'm strongly considering benching Golladay and rolling with Perriman.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I don't treat it like every other week because there is no next week to get over a bad decision, you just have the whole off season.

Outside of my set starters, I usually go into the ceiling vs floor argument with my WR3 or flex players. I'm only playing for 3rd place this year, but there is still a decent pot. With that being said, I'm strongly considering benching Golladay and rolling with Perriman.

I'd do the same although golladay should be solid too.

I would say the only thing I might do differently in the championship round (and it's not keeper or dynasty) and the if the tiebreaker is bench points. I may pick up 3 qbs to ride my bench on Sunday. Besides that keep everything as normal as possible. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Big Country said:

The bolded

19 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Pick the players you think will score the most points. That's the strategy 

And this is most likely what I'll end up doing.  I should've learned my lesson about getting too cute - especially in the playoffs - last week when I benched Andrews for Njoku.  Luckily didn't cost me a win, but if it would have...  :bash:

3 hours ago, theirish said:

I would say the only thing I might do differently in the championship round (and it's not keeper or dynasty) and the if the tiebreaker is bench points. I may pick up 3 qbs to ride my bench on Sunday. Besides that keep everything as normal as possible. 

That's a really good idea.  I spent my last FAAB dollars so I can't do it now, but I have Tannehill on my bench and he doesn't have any QBs on his, so I should be in pretty good shape.

7 hours ago, XFlash said:

I do agree with your logic and approach.  Winston got a fully practice and will play.  I think Perriman and OJ Howard get the boost in targets.  No matter what, TBB is going to be throwing a lot.  Either close game, winning, or losing.  Their RBs are not the greatest at moving the chains.

6 hours ago, Shaft said:

I think Perriman could be a league winner this week and I'll most likely play him over A.Rob, especially since KC is very good vs. WRs.  But I wouldn't be all that shocked to see him have something like 3 catches for 28 yards either because, after all, he is Breshad Perriman...  I would definitely play him over Golladay - I don't trust their QB against a pretty good Denver defense.