[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I crazy? Jones vs Boone

Jace234

So I'm down by 22 points in the championship game. It's a PPR league. My opponent is done and I have Aaron Jones left to play tomorrow night. However, Mike Boone is still available on waivers. 

Am I completely insane for even considering picking up Boone and starting him over Aaron Jones?

Thoughts?

Edited by Jace234

2 hours ago, danielamadokirk said:

I’m in the same scenario, but down 28. I think I am going to start Boone because I followed the rule start tour studs this week (Chubb and Carson) over (Washington and Mostert) and it (the really bad word)ed me. Jones miiight have a higher ceiling is the only issue 

I had a similar output where inwas going to start Boone over Chubb or Freeman and I chose Freeman.   It cost me dearly 

I would say flip a coin if it’s killing you. 
Jones is the most talented player easily and if Williams were a non issue I would love your chances but he complicates things. In addition Minny’s run d is top 10, they are at home, and GB’s offense has been erratic. Meanwhile Boone is much more of an unknown talent wise, but their offense is predicated on the run, GB run D is bottom 6, they are at home ( game script), etc. 

Neither are safe picks and fantasy rarely makes sense but I am probably going to stick with Boone mainly on a gut call.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:34 PM, Jace234 said:

So I'm down by 22 points in the championship game. It's a PPR league. My opponent is done and I have Aaron Jones left to play tomorrow night. However, Mike Boone is still available on waivers. 

Am I completely insane for even considering picking up Boone and starting him over Aaron Jones?

Thoughts?

Please oh please tell me you started Jones

13 hours ago, danielamadokirk said:

I’m in the same scenario, but down 28. I think I am going to start Boone because I followed the rule start tour studs this week (Chubb and Carson) over (Washington and Mostert) and it (the really bad word)ed me. Jones miiight have a higher ceiling is the only issue 

i hope u followed the rule and stuck with the proven stud....

14 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Please oh please tell me you started Jones

13 hours ago, Baby Chark Do Do Do Do Do said:

hes probably dead if he switched boone for jones....i dont know why anyone would but ive seen crazier things 

Ohhh yeaaaa, definitely started Jones. Even if Boone had done better, I decided I’d rather lose with Jones than risk that embarrassment.

Took the championship by 6 points.

That second touchdown though, I screamed soo loud.

7 minutes ago, Jace234 said:

Ohhh yeaaaa, definitely started Jones. Even if Boone had done better, I decided I’d rather lose with Jones than risk that embarrassment.

oh its the best when your players score touchdowns...i lost my voice a few times this championship

8 minutes ago, Jace234 said:

i know one guy on your post was down the same amount but i think went with boone instead....thats gotta hurt. I always say play your studs...they got you to the dance why sit them now??