[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The only weekend where all 32 teams play on the same day?

Shaft

It is. This format the NFL started last year I think. All games are divisional, so the second meeting between teams. Do it in the hope some are still trying to decide on a division champ. I like it a lot.

8 minutes ago, DMD said:

It is. This format the NFL started last year I think. All games are divisional, so the second meeting between teams. Do it in the hope some are still trying to decide on a division champ. I like it a lot.

Makes sense. I just wish there were more days like this during the season.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, Shaft said:

Is this the only weekend where all 32 teams play on the same day? Fantasy football days would be so sweet if it was always over in less than 12 hours. 

It's been this way since 2008.  The last time Week 17 didn't have every single game on the same day was in 2007 when on Saturday NE beat the NYG 38-35 to remain perfect and enter the playoffs 16-0.

From 2008 until now all teams have played week 17 on the same day.

2002 was the last time there was a Monday night week 17 game.

I believe the reason the NFL has all the teams play week 17 on the same day now and since 2008 is because they want to try to keep every game as meaningful as possible so they match up the times of those games that can affect each other.  As in this year they pushed all the games to 4 PM that were in the mix for that final AFC Wildcard spot and had both Dallas and Philly playing at the same time.

Edited by Henry Muto
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 9:10 PM, DMD said:

Think the all divisional format for week 17 has been going on for a bit longer, but the funny thing is most years if there is a contested division title the 2 teams battling for it don't play each other. This year worked out really well with SEA-SF at the end.

As for all teams playing on the same day, yes that's the only week currently. Seems to go back 10+ years, thru 2008, the prior 2 seasons had a single game on Saturday in week 17. Not sure how long its been since they had MNF in week 17.