Dcat

Dynasty/Keeper choice for 2020

Recommended Posts

David Montgomery or Devin Singletary? 

Can keep one for 2020 w/out using a draft pick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Baby Chark Do Do Do Do Do said:

they are gonna start running the ball with monty more...side bet monty outscores Singletary next year 

 

I'm talking right now I'd go Singletary.   But if there is a coaching change than my opinion may change.  It depends on what changes in the next 6 months.   

 

What type of league are we talking for Monty outscoring Singletary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

 

I'm talking right now I'd go Singletary.   But if there is a coaching change than my opinion may change.  It depends on what changes in the next 6 months.   

 

What type of league are we talking for Monty outscoring Singletary?

standard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baby Chark Do Do Do Do Do said:

standard

 

I'd give Monty a slight edge ther with Cohen in the picture.   Any type of ppr and I lean Singletary right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Singletary started the year rough, not only behind Gore but with his hamstring injury he barely touched the ball the first 6 games. As the year progressed, he not only saw the ball more, but Gore's touches went down and down as did his production. Gore is now 36, and I don't see the Bills keeping him another year. Singletary averaged 5.1 YPC in a strong running offense, coupled with a very good defense. Only negative is Josh Allen likes to take goal line TDs away.  Also, potential if Buffalo drafts another RB to couple with Singletary, but won't know that for 4 more months.

 

Montgomery got the ball enough, but later barely saw it, even when game script seemingly supported running. Nagy took play calling away, and immediately Montgomery's touches increased, as did his production somewhat. I say somewhat because their offensive line is not really productive in the run game, and Nagy LOVES to try and run the KC offense (he has partnered with Reid in KC and Philly, so I get it), which leans towards a lot of passing. It's like trying to shove a round peg in a square hole though, and ignores their better weapon (Montgomery). He only averaged 3.6 YPC, and didn't look like the dynamic back he could be.

 

Right NOW, I'd keep Singletary. His athleticism showed up in the NFL, and the expectation of increased touches bodes well for 2020. Plus he catches the ball well out of the backfield, and is a complete back. I like Montgomery, but I hate his situation, and his lack of elite athleticism also showed up, he failed to be able to overcome the lack of a good OL and bad coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tdybaz said:

Singletary started the year rough, not only behind Gore but with his hamstring injury he barely touched the ball the first 6 games. As the year progressed, he not only saw the ball more, but Gore's touches went down and down as did his production. Gore is now 36, and I don't see the Bills keeping him another year. Singletary averaged 5.1 YPC in a strong running offense, coupled with a very good defense. Only negative is Josh Allen likes to take goal line TDs away.  Also, potential if Buffalo drafts another RB to couple with Singletary, but won't know that for 4 more months.

 

Montgomery got the ball enough, but later barely saw it, even when game script seemingly supported running. Nagy took play calling away, and immediately Montgomery's touches increased, as did his production somewhat. I say somewhat because their offensive line is not really productive in the run game, and Nagy LOVES to try and run the KC offense (he has partnered with Reid in KC and Philly, so I get it), which leans towards a lot of passing. It's like trying to shove a round peg in a square hole though, and ignores their better weapon (Montgomery). He only averaged 3.6 YPC, and didn't look like the dynamic back he could be.

 

Right NOW, I'd keep Singletary. His athleticism showed up in the NFL, and the expectation of increased touches bodes well for 2020. Plus he catches the ball well out of the backfield, and is a complete back. I like Montgomery, but I hate his situation, and his lack of elite athleticism also showed up, he failed to be able to overcome the lack of a good OL and bad coaching.

exactly monty is the better player its just his team keeping him down. When nagy was criticized then he said he would run more and monty went off a few weeks...then they abandoned it again. i would still choose monty over singeltary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Baby Chark Do Do Do Do Do said:

exactly monty is the better player its just his team keeping him down. When nagy was criticized then he said he would run more and monty went off a few weeks...then they abandoned it again. i would still choose monty over singeltary

And now apparently there are rumors of the Bears might be looking into acquiring Alex Smith... who last QB'd the Chiefs' offense really well, and would fit into the Bears' offense seamlessly. This would theoretically be a boon for Montgomery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tdybaz said:

And now apparently there are rumors of the Bears might be looking into acquiring Alex Smith... who last QB'd the Chiefs' offense really well, and would fit into the Bears' offense seamlessly. This would theoretically be a boon for Montgomery

 

Is Alex Smith really an upgrade over Trubisky at this point? I can't see him being the same after that injury, and it's not like he was a stud when healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

Is Alex Smith really an upgrade over Trubisky at this point? I can't see him being the same after that injury, and it's not like he was a stud when healthy. 

 

He is for dump offs IF Cohen isnt around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.