[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For Jets fans or the morbidly curious

Dcat

Could this be the most exciting thing all Jets season?  The press is actually more dysfunctional than the team.  Can't make this soap opera up.

So those of you who are unhappy with your favorite team....  it could be worse!

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Perspective!

First time since manning, i have hope... Lock, Lindsay, sutton, risner, fant... Denver needs to focus exclusively on the rest of the OL

I was pleasantly surprised by Lock.  He definitely exceeded my expectations.  There is certainly good reason for optimism.  Plus I was one of those who shouted how pre season rankings were incredibly wrong about Sutton.  I had him in as many leagues as I could get him with later picks and I'd do it again in a heartbeat in earlier rounds.  Love his game.  He will be top 5-10 next season, I think (depending on Lock progression).  Did Broncos fans like Fant much?  You gotta expect more from him next year.  WIth Lindsay, he just needs not to get dinged up.  Denver, with a solid off season, can advance strides.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I was pleasantly surprised by Lock.  He definitely exceeded my expectations.  There is certainly good reason for optimism.  Plus I was one of those who shouted how pre season rankings were incredibly wrong about Sutton.  I had him in as many leagues as I could get him with later picks and I'd do it again in a heartbeat in earlier rounds.  Love his game.  He will be top 5-10 next season, I think (depending on Lock progression).  Did Broncos fans like Fant much?  You gotta expect more from him next year.  WIth Lindsay, he just needs not to get dinged up.  Denver, with a solid off season, can advance strides.

Yeah AJ Brown, Sutton, McLaurin, DJ Moore, all probably going below what they'll be worth.  Some good 1st and 2nd year receivers out there 

• Like 1

I Don't know if I completely get this Mehta thing.  So let's suppose he created the account.  Was his plan to ultimately use it as evidence that Gase had a burner account?  Because at the end I thought they said the burner account asked for Gase' s firing, which obviously wouldn't come from Gase himself.  I am confused what exactly his motivation was.  What little I know of Mehta sounds like he might do something like this. 

42 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I Don't know if I completely get this Mehta thing.  So let's suppose he created the account.  Was his plan to ultimately use it as evidence that Gase had a burner account?  Because at the end I thought they said the burner account asked for Gase' s firing, which obviously wouldn't come from Gase himself.  I am confused what exactly his motivation was.  What little I know of Mehta sounds like he might do something like this. 

no, the burner account never called for gase firing.  that might be the mehta daily news account, because mehta turned on gase early on during the season.  Here is the deal from a Jets fan point of view. 

Early on, Mehta was fine with the Gase hiring.  He even rallied hard after the Bowles firing via his twitter and Daily News articles that hiring McCarthy would be like boarding the Titanic.  So very anti-McCarthy.  He seemed ok with Gase.  The burner account was created, I think, not long after Gase was hired.  Handle is Gase's 7 year old son's name, Wyatt (his youngest of 3). That, in and of itself, is perplexing.  And if Mehta did this, it doesn't sit right and I think should be a fireable offense.   Gase himself doesn't use twitter and I seriously doubt that the Jets PR created one that early on and they certainly wouldn't use Gase's son's name.  I have no idea what Mehta's motive would be at that point.  But I am not an animal scientist and I do not know how the mind of a weasel works. Others think it was Jets PR who created the account to defend him.  But why name it Wyatt?  Makes zero sense.  This was Mehta.  

Gase (and new GM Joe Douglas) quickly cut off all but league-required access to Mehta (and other media) and Mehta, the infant that he is, turned on Gase.  Viciously.  From the pre-draft thru pre-season, the animosity grew as Mehta (who has never had any real sources other than little clubhouse  snitches like Mike Pettine) had to fabricate more and more of his Daily News "news". (Something he has done for over a decade in full view of all).   So ultimately, his plan seems to have been to use the burner account as a real one, as if gase were doing it, right down to precisely posting after practices, team meetings and games... only at times Gase would be free.  I guess he wanted it to be discovered and thought of as a Gase burner account, just to discredit gase.  I'm not sure  WTF the little twerp was thinking. Just would be happy for him to go away.  Jets fans 100% hate him.  Daily News loves that.  Daily News doesn't have long to live, so there's that.

As I said... the most exciting thing in the Jets 2019 season.  I'm thinking of making a movie.  Or starting a soap opera.  Pathetic.  Hoping for a better 2020.

Happy New Year to all.

Edited by Dcat

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

no, the burner account never called for gase firing.  that might be the mehta daily news account, because mehta turned on gase early on during the season.  Here is the deal from a Jets fan point of view. 

Early on, Mehta was fine with the Gase hiring.  He even rallied hard after the Bowles firing via his twitter and Daily News articles that hiring McCarthy would be like boarding the Titanic.  So very anti-McCarthy.  He seemed ok with Gase.  The burner account was created, I think, not long after Gase was hired.  Handle is Gase's 7 year old son's name, Wyatt (his youngest of 3). That, in and of itself, is perplexing.  And if Mehta did this, it doesn't sit right and I think should be a fireable offense.   Gase himself doesn't use twitter and I seriously doubt that the Jets PR created one that early on and they certainly wouldn't use Gase's son's name.  I have no idea what Mehta's motive would be at that point.  But I am not an animal scientist and I do not know how the mind of a weasel works. Others think it was Jets PR who created the account to defend him.  But why name it Wyatt?  Makes zero sense.  This was Mehta.  

Gase (and new GM Joe Douglas) quickly cut off all but league-required access to Mehta (and other media) and Mehta, the infant that he is, turned on Gase.  Viciously.  From the pre-draft thru pre-season, the animosity grew as Mehta (who has never had any real sources other than little clubhouse  snitches like Mike Pettine) had to fabricate more and more of his Daily News "news". (Something he has done for over a decade in full view of all).   So ultimately, his plan seems to have been to use the burner account as a real one, as if gase were doing it, right down to precisely posting after practices, team meetings and games... only at times Gase would be free.  I guess he wanted it to be discovered and thought of as a Gase burner account, just to discredit gase.  I'm not sure  WTF the little twerp was thinking. Just would be happy for him to go away.  Jets fans 100% hate him.  Daily News loves that.  Daily News doesn't have long to live, so there's that.

As I said... the most exciting thing in the Jets 2019 season.  I'm thinking of making a movie.  Or starting a soap opera.  Pathetic.  Hoping for a better 2020.

Happy New Year to all.

Sounds complicated but your assessment sounds correct.  Kind of weird stuff