[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chan Gailey to Dolphins

Dcat

strategy: Draft a rookie QB in 1st 2 rounds.  Play Fitzpatrick under Gailey's offense while rookie develops in year 1.  Keep Rosen around in case of injuries.

However,  Jets fans have already been down this road in 2016:

OC: Gailey

QB: Fitzpatrick + early draft pick.  Scrub backup: Bryce Petty

strategy: Play Fitz one more year while you develop your "promising prospect" rookie 2nd rd pick (Christian Hackenberg :scared:).  Keep Bryce Petty around in case Fitz gets hurt and the rookie isn't ready.

2020 Dolphins: Swap in Rosen for Bryce Petty above.  Swap in 2020 drafted QB for Hackenberg.

Now there's a plan destined for success!  

j/k...  all depends on the draft pick actually.

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

And this is why the Dolphins are the Dolphins.

100% dependent on the draft pick panning out.  Otherwise it is the 2016-2017 NY Jets all over again.  But this time wearing feminine teal uniforms with a logo that looks like a penis wearing a helmet.

:innocent:

Edited by Dcat
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

100% dependent on the draft pick panning out.  Otherwise it is the 2016-2017 NY Jets all over again.  But this time wearing feminine teal uniforms with a logo that looks like a penis wearing a helmet.

:innocent:

Now that's some funny shizz!

• Like 1

Brian Flores =/= Todd Bowles

Chris Grier =/= Mike Maccagnan

This is quite the reach and perhaps some resentment to y'all screwing yourselves with Dolphin's retread Gase.  :boxing:

Also not sure they go QB at this point in 2020 with Tua's injury and Bengals in driver seat. 

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

c2db175b4bae18380a908fc96113beab.jpeg

I dunno... Jets are right there with them actually.  Been a long time.  You see, being a fan of an AFC East team with a QB other than Brady for the past 19 years is the best possible analogy to Purgatory I can think of.  We are talking 19 years of it.  2001-2019. Brady/Belichick.  Never has there been so truer a dynasty.  And this is a rare moment of compliment for them, so Pats fans...  slurp it while it's there for you.  Happy New Year.  Go Titans!

8 minutes ago, Def. said:

Brian Flores =/= Todd Bowles

Chris Grier =/= Mike Maccagnan

This is quite the reach and perhaps some resentment to y'all screwing yourselves with Dolphin's retread Gase.  :boxing:

Also not sure they go QB at this point in 2020 with Tua's injury and Bengals in driver seat. 

I do not agree.  Brian Flores is way > Todd Bowles in a heartbeat.  Worse than Mike Macagnan (only one OL drafted in 1st 2 days for 5+ years!!) in NOT possible.  Where is he working now?  He is out. Completely out of the NFL.  Clueless personnel man.  Not a numbers guy.  Comments from other GMs around the league that he was ALWAYS indecisive.  It couldn't be worse.  Loved Hackenberg coming out.  Meanwhile other sources writing how Hackenberg would be undraftable.  Grier cannot be any worse.  No way man.  That would be astounding.

I would like to shoot Woody and Chris Johnson for hiring that Dolphin disaster fraud of a HC.  He can't go away fast enough for me.  So yes, that is ample revenge.  And the Jets owner brought it on himself and all us fans, that jackass Woody Johnson and his flunkie, never-had-a-real-job-in-my-life, do-nothing brother Chris.  (Talk about dysfunctional families....  don't read any biographies on them.)  Now ask me how I really feel.  This is a New Years purge I guess.

Edited by Dcat

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I do not agree.  Brian Flores is way > Todd Bowles in a heartbeat.  Worse than Mike Macagnan (only one OL drafted in 1st 2 days for 5+ years!!) in NOT possible.  Where is he working now?  He is out. Completely out of the NFL.  Clueless personnel man.  Not a numbers guy.  Comments from other GMs around the league that he was ALWAYS indecisive.  It couldn't be worse.  Loved Hackenberg coming out.  Meanwhile other sources writing how Hackenberg would be undraftable.  Grier cannot be any worse.  No way man.  That would be astounding.

I would like to shoot Woody and Chris Johnson for hiring that Dolphin disaster fraud of a HC.  He can't go away fast enough for me.  So yes, that is ample revenge.  And the Jets owner brought it on himself and all us fans, that jackass Woody Johnson and his flunkie, never-had-a-real-job-in-my-life, do-nothing brother Chris.  (Talk about dysfunctional families....  don't read any biographies on them.)  Now ask me how I really feel.  This is a New Years purge I guess.

=/= was me saying the old Jets staff are not equal to the Dolphins staff.  Damn it, its no fun when you agree with me.  ;)

Do hope both franchises get back to a point that our games against each other matter.  Sad that the lowly Bills are better off then both currently.  :kicksrock:

6 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i thought the rumor was they wanted 1.01 for 2021 to draft that QB prospect?

also, is everyone already done with Rosen? I really feel like he should be given a legit chance behind a decent OL by some team

agreed. But Murray and Fitzpatrick sure looked competent at least behind those same lines. One way or another, he will get his chance.  Even Geno Smith got a chance. 

• Thanks 1