[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Hall of Fame class of 2020 finalists

Wolverines Fan

Per NFL.com listed in no particular order.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001094008/article/hall-of-fame-announces-modernera-finalists-for-class-of-2020

» Troy Polamalu, S -- 2003-2014 Pittsburgh Steelers

» Edgerrin James, RB -- 1999-2005 Indianapolis Colts, 2006-08 Arizona Cardinals, 2009 Seattle Seahawks

» Zach Thomas, LB -- 1996-2007 Miami Dolphins, 2008 Dallas Cowboys

» Bryant Young, DT -- 1994-2007 San Francisco 49ers

» Richard Seymour, DE/DT -- 2001-08 New England Patriots, 2009-2012 Oakland Raiders

» John Lynch, FS -- 1993-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2004-07 Denver Broncos

» Steve Atwater, S -- 1989-1998 Denver Broncos, 1999 New York Jets

» LeRoy Butler, S -- 1990-2001 Green Bay Packers

» Reggie Wayne, WR -- 2001-2014Indianapolis Colts

» Torry Holt, WR -- 1999-2008 St. LouisRams, 2009 Jacksonville Jaguars

» Isaac Bruce, WR -- 1994-2007 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, 2008-09 San Francisco 49ers

» Sam Mills, LB -- 1986-1994 New Orleans Saints, 1995-97 Carolina Panthers

» Tony Boselli, T -- 1995-2001 Jacksonville Jaguars, 2002 Houston Texans (injured reserve)

» Alan Faneca, G -- 1998-2007 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2008-09 New York Jets, 2010 Arizona Cardinals

» Steve Hutchinson, G -- 2001-05 Seattle Seahawks, 2006-2011 Minnesota Vikings, 2012 Tennessee Titans

Man that's a lot of safeties but figuring Troy gets in for sure.  I don't see any of the OL or LB making it.  I'd also think any of the WRs should go in over Edge. 

Gonna go with Polamalu, Seymour, Atwater, Wayne, and Bruce making it (if they go with 5). 

19 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Putting my bias aside I honestly think Troy is the only absolute must on this list. Pretty vanilla otherwise imo 

I'd vote Atwater before Polamalu based on the amount of time he's had to wait.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Putting my bias aside I honestly think Troy is the only absolute must on this list. Pretty vanilla otherwise imo 

14 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I'd vote Atwater before Polamalu based on the amount of time he's had to wait.

Their stats are pretty similar, but Polamalu did win defensive player of the year and I think that should give him the edge. I think they both should make it. The WRs are a different story. With so many WRs putting up insane numbers there will be a backlog of WRs. But with that being said, I do believe Bruce deserves to be in.

I'm going Seymour (has to be his year), Polamalu, Atwater, Bruce, and Thomas (insanely underrated). 

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Their stats are pretty similar, but Polamalu did win defensive player of the year and I think that should give him the edge.

I think waiting 15 years should give someone the edge over one DPoY.

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I think waiting 15 years should give someone the edge over one DPoY.

There are a lot of people waiting, that should be irrelevant in determining if he gets in. Either way, I think both deserve to be in. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

It's only 5 years.

I meant in general.  There are guys on that list 20 years out from the end of their careers.  Why the nomination now and not 10 years ago?  I'm legitimately asking.  I don't understand how someone comes up as a HOF nominee who stopped playing in 1999.  What changed from prior years?  

51 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I meant in general.  There are guys on that list 20 years out from the end of their careers.  Why the nomination now and not 10 years ago?  I'm legitimately asking.  I don't understand how someone comes up as a HOF nominee who stopped playing in 1999.  What changed from prior years?  

Many have been nominated before, but they didn't make it since only 4 to 8 make it every year. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shaft said:

Thomas (insanely underrated). 

Funny...I've always thought he was overrated as a team fan favorite.  :shrug:

I actually had this hanging in my office until we moved things around about a year ago.  Not sure I'm going to put it back up.

IMG_1170.thumb.JPG.f6e8a42954335c1fe5e3eb41de6839ae.JPG