[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garrett done

irish

25 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Thank God! I was worried that they'd hire a good coach. 

Lol, and that they have. 

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Really? 

I just like the move. 

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Thank God! I was worried that they'd hire a good coach. 

Shouldn't you be spending time figuring out how to have the same QB in the playoffs as in the regular season?

;)

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Wow, you really got me there. Now a cheap shot is Wentz's fault? Typical Cowboy fan. 

Perma-ban?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Wow, you really got me there. Now a cheap shot is Wentz's fault? Typical Cowboy fan. 

Just playing, dude. You seem oddly vocal about the Cowboys.

2 hours ago, irish said:

Perma-ban?

Also, just kidding. 

You know, when I see your name on the main page as the last poster on a thread with any contention to it, I always think "and here comes the gas can"...

And of course, the Cowboys are America's team. That's why we all win when they win. Not that it happens a lot, but you get my point.

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We do?  So glad you informed me of that.  What other deluded thoughts do you have to share?

I'm convinced that cats are the result of an experiment by aliens that went awry.

10 hours ago, DMD said:

And of course, the Cowboys are America's team. That's why we all win when they win. Not that it happens a lot, but you get my point

You're not America's Team just because some idiot making $15 an hour in your Marketing Department says you are. And where are all these wins? Troy Aikman is like 90 years old now. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

You're not America's Team just because some idiot making $15 an hour in your Marketing Department says you are. And where are all these wins? Troy Aikman is like 90 years old now. 

They are the most valuable franchise in sports . They are a huge road draw. They are a huge television draw . I agree with what you say about the wins , but the Dallas Cowboys will always be Americas team

On 1/7/2020 at 9:16 AM, whomper said:

They are the most valuable franchise in sports . They are a huge road draw. They are a huge television draw . I agree with what you say about the wins , but the Dallas Cowboys will always be Americas team

I give you credit.  This is by far the most delusional post I have ever seen on this board.  Good job, man.

"Most valuable":  Utterly irrelevant

"Huge Road draw": Cowboys far from unique.  Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Packers   all about the same as for "road draw".  In fact, there are always more visiting Steeler fans than Cowboys fans when they play in NY.

"Huge TV draw": No more than other teams.  Depends on 1:00/4:00 or Prime time.  Not that it is the Cowboys.

"will always be 'America's Team' ":   Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.   It's not even "america's Team" now.  

Wow Cowboys fans are like in a drug induced fog.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I give you credit.  This is by far the most delusional post I have ever seen on this board.  Good job, man.

"Huge Road draw": Cowboys far from unique.  Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Packers   all about the same as for "road draw".  In fact, there are always more visiting Steeler fans than Cowboys fans when they play in NY.

"Huge TV draw": No more than other teams.  Depends on 1:00/4:00 or Prime time.  Not that it is the Cowboys.

"will always be 'America's Team' ":   Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.   It's not even "america's Team" now.  

Nailed it! 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I see you're a Jets fan, so I will weigh that into the intelligence curve here

2016 top road draw NFL

2017 see below

2018 3rd ranked road draw in all of sports . # 1 in NFL  

2019 could not find the data but I assume you can see a trend here

Keep in mind , these numbers are generated by Mediocre Cowboys teams. Agreed that we haven't been a powerhouse since the early 90s yet we are still a top draw . Saying we are the most valuable franchise in sports is irrelevant is complete ignorance . Popularity and your fan base generates revenue . Its certainly not just Texas homers generating these figures , its the nationwide fan base

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2017/06/17/nfl-fan-base-and-brand-rankings-2017/

https://seatgeek.com/tba/sports/these-are-the-visiting-teams-sports-fans-want-to-see-most/

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/8/5/12382996/nfls-best-and-worst-road-draws-cowboys-remain-a-top-road-draw-in-2016

I understand that it seems odd to call a team with limited success on the field Americas team , but they are . For every hater that roots for the Cowboys to lose more than they root for their own team to win , there is equal or more fans of the Cowboys . When my local teams are on primetime and their regular TV slot is open , id say 70% of the time , they put the Cowboys in that slot. They could put better performing teams in that slot , but they don't.  Why is that ?

So while you weep into your Namath jersey every night while abusing your privates , do so realizing that the Cowboys are now and always will be Americas team.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, whomper said:

I see you're a Jets fan, so I will weigh that into the intelligence curve here

2016 top road draw NFL

2017 see below

2018 3rd ranked road draw in all of sports . # 1 in NFL  

2019 could not find the data but I assume you can see a trend here

Keep in mind , these numbers are generated by Mediocre Cowboys teams. Agreed that we haven't been a powerhouse since the early 90s yet we are still a top draw . Saying we are the most valuable franchise in sports is irrelevant is complete ignorance . Popularity and your fan base generates revenue . Its certainly not just Texas homers generating these figures , its the nationwide fan base

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2017/06/17/nfl-fan-base-and-brand-rankings-2017/

https://seatgeek.com/tba/sports/these-are-the-visiting-teams-sports-fans-want-to-see-most/

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/8/5/12382996/nfls-best-and-worst-road-draws-cowboys-remain-a-top-road-draw-in-2016

I understand that it seems odd to call a team with limited success on the field Americas team , but they are . For every hater that roots for the Cowboys to lose more than they root for their own team to win , there is equal or more fans of the Cowboys . When my local teams are on primetime and their regular TV slot is open , id say 70% of the time , they put the Cowboys in that slot. They could put better performing teams in that slot , but they don't.  Why is that ?

So while you weep into your Namath jersey every night while abusing your privates , do so realizing that the Cowboys are now and always will be Americas team.

Dude, That you retort about the J-E-T-S Jets, shows a lot.  There was nothing about the Jets in the thread.  Yet here you are dishing Jets at me.  Weak attempt to deflect.  This isnt about the Jets.  It's about Cowboys fans' long standing delusion that somehow, because they like the Cowboys, it is magically "America's Team".  Newsflash.  It is not.  $ value is irrelevant.  That they get more prime time TV than other teams is the only reason why the ratings are higher.  

If you are basing this on revenue, then you are changing the argument.  I make no claims that the Cowboys don't make more money than the other teams.  But that doesn't translate into "America's Team".  Sorry.  That's just a magical illogical leap, but I know you believe that.  Gotta love the way Cowboys fans truly believe the myth.  It's actually very very funny.  Now you can go ahead and respond about the Jets again.  But just like before, you only do so to divert form the issue: Cowboys are just a team with a wide fan base.  Just like the Steelers, Raiders and some other well traveled fans.  It in no way makes them "America's Team".  LOL.  Cowboys fans are just silly.

Just now, Dcat said:

Dude, That you retort about the J-E-T-S Jets, shows a lot.  There was nothing about the Jets in the thread.  Yet here you are dishing Jets at me.  Weak attempt to deflect.  This isnt about the Jets.  It's about Cowboys fans' long standing delusion that somehow, because they like the Cowboys, it is magically "America's Team".  Newsflash.  It is not.  $ value is irrelevant.  That they get more prime time TV than other teams is the only reason why the ratings are higher.  

If you are basing this on revenue, then you are changing the argument.  I make no claims that the Cowboys don't make more money than the other teams.  But that doesn't translate into "America's Team".  Sorry.  That's just a magical illogical leap, but I know you believe that.  Gotta love the way Cowboys fans truly believe the myth.  It's actually very very funny.  Now you can go ahead and respond about the Jets again.  But just like before, you only do so to divert form the issue: Cowboys are just a team with a wide fan base.  Just like the Steelers, Raiders and some other well traveled fans.  It in no way makes them "America's Team".  LOL.  Cowboys fans are just silly.

Americas team is an intangible irrelevant phrase . I don't understand why it upsets you so much that it is attributed to the Cowboys . Its sort of like in boxing when they talk about pound for pound. It is a phrase . It isn't a title that holds true value . 

and That they get more prime time TV than other teams is the only reason why the ratings are higher

Proves my point . Why would a mediocre football team get more prime time games than anyone else ?  :usa:

24 minutes ago, whomper said:

Americas team is an intangible irrelevant phrase . I don't understand why it upsets you so much that it is attributed to the Cowboys . Its sort of like in boxing when they talk about pound for pound. It is a phrase . It isn't a title that holds true value . 

and That they get more prime time TV than other teams is the only reason why the ratings are higher

Proves my point . Why would a mediocre football team get more prime time games than anyone else ?  :usa:

Proves your point?  No. How so?   A football team will get more prime time games for multiple reasons.  Sometmes it's because they are a good, strong team. (Best reason).  Next, it's ratings.  So you are saying if more people watch the Cowboys on a Monday Night than they would the Jaguars, that means the Cowboys are America's team?  LOL.  You cowboy fans are remarkable.  Never has there been such a blissful mix of delusion, narcissism and falsely inflated ego.

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Never has there been such a blissful mix of delusion, narcissism and falsely inflated ego.

Nothing against you Dcat, but this one line is the main reason I hate being a Cowboys' fan.  Most people think this as soon as they hear that you're a Cowboys' fan.  The generalization sucks. 

27 minutes ago, irish said:

Nothing against you Dcat, but this one line is the main reason I hate being a Cowboys' fan.  Most people think this as soon as they hear that you're a Cowboys' fan.  The generalization sucks. 

It's indeed a broad stroked generalization.  Not all Cowboys fans are narcissitic and/or delusional.  But many are.  Likewise, not all Jets fans are uneducated, beer drinking idiots.  But many are.  I see them all the time.  

Now as for the Patriots.....  no... lets not go there. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Now as for the Patriots.....  no... lets not go there. 

Never know what the hell they're saying....

Its (the really bad word)ing chowDER folks, and it's a manurety soup.  :smash: