irish

Garrett done

Majority of other team's fans about the Cowboys: "You're not America's team!"

Also majority of other team's fans about the Cowboys: "If only we had their numbers!"

SS1.JPG.53eb886fe31d46cb9bcbe1f30f026579.JPG

1 hour ago, whomper said:

I see you're a Jets fan, so I will weigh that into the intelligence curve here

:kicksrock:

Over the holidays, even my kids asked me why I still root for them.

24 minutes ago, whomper said:

Americas team is an intangible irrelevant phrase . I don't understand why it upsets you so much that it is attributed to the Cowboys . Its sort of like in boxing when they talk about pound for pound. It is a phrase . It isn't a title that holds true value . 

and That they get more prime time TV than other teams is the only reason why the ratings are higher

Proves my point . Why would a mediocre football team get more prime time games than anyone else ?  :usa:

Proves your point?  No. How so?   A football team will get more prime time games for multiple reasons.  Sometmes it's because they are a good, strong team. (Best reason).  Next, it's ratings.  So you are saying if more people watch the Cowboys on a Monday Night than they would the Jaguars, that means the Cowboys are America's team?  LOL.  You cowboy fans are remarkable.  Never has there been such a blissful mix of delusion, narcissism and falsely inflated ego.

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Never has there been such a blissful mix of delusion, narcissism and falsely inflated ego.

Nothing against you Dcat, but this one line is the main reason I hate being a Cowboys' fan.  Most people think this as soon as they hear that you're a Cowboys' fan.  The generalization sucks. 

27 minutes ago, irish said:

Nothing against you Dcat, but this one line is the main reason I hate being a Cowboys' fan.  Most people think this as soon as they hear that you're a Cowboys' fan.  The generalization sucks. 

It's indeed a broad stroked generalization.  Not all Cowboys fans are narcissitic and/or delusional.  But many are.  Likewise, not all Jets fans are uneducated, beer drinking idiots.  But many are.  I see them all the time.  

Now as for the Patriots.....  no... lets not go there. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Now as for the Patriots.....  no... lets not go there. 

Never know what the hell they're saying....

Its (the really bad word)ing chowDER folks, and it's a manurety soup.  :smash:

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Proves your point?  No. How so?   A football team will get more prime time games for multiple reasons.  Sometmes it's because they are a good, strong team. (Best reason).  Next, it's ratings.  So you are saying if more people watch the Cowboys on a Monday Night than they would the Jaguars, that means the Cowboys are America's team?  LOL.  You cowboy fans are remarkable.  Never has there been such a blissful mix of delusion, narcissism and falsely inflated ego.

Ok so we both agree the Cowboys arent a strong team.  Hence they are chosen for primetime for better ratings to use your own words. What brings better ratings ? A giant fanbase . These are facts . You keep trying to attribute this to delusion and ego.  I'm giving you facts . Top road draw in NFL . Most valuable franchise in sports.  Facts . 

2 hours ago, jetsfan said:

:kicksrock:

Over the holidays, even my kids asked me why I still root for them.

Ha !  I live in NJ. I know plenty of Jets fans . They are loyal . I was just twisting dcats titties. He obviously isnt the type to have some fun with on the boards 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, irish said:

The real Cowboy fans such as yourself are cool as F. It's the degenerate bandwagon Cowboy fans that everyone despises. You know who they are. They can't find Dallas on a map and haven't been within a thousand miles of Texas. Most of the ones I meet are phonies. This is why everyone hates Dallas, it has nothing to do with the Wins or jealousy. At least that's how I feel. The true Cowboy fans kick ass! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whomper said:

. He obviously isnt the type to have some fun with on the boards 

true, but fun isn't allowed here, so it's ok

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

true, but fun isn't allowed here, so it's ok

No!! If you make a joke or challenge anyone in here you're a dick! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, League_Champion said:

No!! If you make a joke or challenge anyone in here you're a dick! 

Fellas, been that way since this place started. You learn to just roll with the punches. 

2 hours ago, irish said:

Fellas, been that way since this place started. You learn to just roll with the punches. 

This...

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, whomper said:

Ok so we both agree the Cowboys arent a strong team.  Hence they are chosen for primetime for better ratings to use your own words. What brings better ratings ? A giant fanbase . These are facts . You keep trying to attribute this to delusion and ego.  I'm giving you facts . Top road draw in NFL . Most valuable franchise in sports.  Facts . 

LOL.   No more a top road draw than Pittsburgh.  Best traveled fans in the NFL, including Dallas.  See it with my own eyes.  Dollar value, again, is 100% irrelevant as to whether people regard the Dallas team as "theirs" if they are not from that area. Nobody chooses their team based on its net asset value.  That one is horrible reasoning, so I advise you to drop that element of your attempted argument.  As for Prime time games...   you don't think Jerry Jones has any influence?  Come on dude.  Be real.  The point is that Dallas fans (gneralization) have a way overinflated view of how the rest of the country regards that team.  It is really very funny.  

Edited by Dcat

57 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.   No more a top road draw than Pittsburgh.  Best traveled fans in the NFL, including Dallas.  See it with my own eyes.  Dollar value, again, is 100% irrelevant as to whether people regard the Dallas team as "theirs" if they are not from that area. Nobody chooses their team based on its net asset value.  That one is horrible reasoning, so I advise you to drop that element of your attempted argument.  As for Prime time games...   you don't think Jerry Jones has any influence?  Come on dude.  Be real.  The point is that Dallas fans (gneralization) have a way overinflated view of how the rest of the country regards that team.  It is really very funny.  

Agree. I've been on numerous Eagle roadtrips and I can tell you that everytime there has been at least 10,000+ Eagle Fans there, more at most venues. Sometimes we've outnumber our opponents fanbase. That DOESN'T happen in Philly. You hardly see any opposing teams fans at an Eagle game. Not in Dallas though. There were TONS of Eagle fans at the Cowboy's home game.

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree. I've been on numerous Eagle roadtrips and I can tell you that everytime there has been at least 10,000+ Eagle Fans there, more at most venues. Sometimes we've outnumber our opponents fanbase. That DOESN'T happen in Philly. You hardly see any opposing teams fans at an Eagle game. Not in Dallas though. There were TONS of Eagle fans at the Cowboy's home game.

yup, and this is going nowhere.  Nobody can convince the Cowboys fans that this "Americas Team" thingie is, has always been and will likely always be a terrific marketing strategy.  Well done by the Cowboys PR department decades ago.  They will never acknowledge that it's not real and the Cowboys are not a majority favorite around the country by any stretch of the imagination.  But those Cowboys fans have quite an imagination.  They get credit for that.  America's team?  They are not even Texas's team.  

It's pretty easy to make yourself "America's team" when networks and media flood the market with your product. They've been doing it since the 70's. It's no surprise they have such a wide spread fanbase. I applaud the fact that they've marketed so well, but that hardly makes them "America's team."

Stacheman-Cowboys-Super-Fan.thumb.jpg.5867aa5aa4a99b4ab216f1517fa0907a.jpg

How 'bout them Cowboys!

WOO HOO!!!

WOo hoo...

um... never mind...

On 1/8/2020 at 11:32 AM, whomper said:

Ha !  I live in NJ. I know plenty of Jets fans . They are loyal . I was just twisting dcats titties. He obviously isnt the type to have some fun with on the boards 

I haven't lived in NY since 1998.  I am just a gluton for titty twisters.

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

It's pretty easy to make yourself "America's team" when networks and media flood the market with your product. They've been doing it since the 70's. It's no surprise they have such a wide spread fanbase. I applaud the fact that they've marketed so well, but that hardly makes them "America's team."

They've become a gimmick. If I was a Cowboys fan I'd be turned off by that. I want a football team, not a dam Circus that goes town to town picking up new degenerates along the way. I'm so glad that I belong to a real fanbase that bleeds green and poops stars. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Again, why would the networks flood you with Cowboys games ? Demand .

16 hours ago, League_Champion said:

They've become a gimmick. If I was a Cowboys fan I'd be turned off by that. I want a football team, not a dam Circus that goes town to town picking up new degenerates along the way. I'm so glad that I belong to a real fanbase that bleeds green and poops stars. 

Being a fan of a hard luck team doesn't make you a better fan as those who are fans of teams that have had overall success. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a child  . No matter how many years it has been since they have won a SB , I have never waivered in my support . I have had the pleasure of watching 4 super bowl wins( too young to watch 72) It is a loyal fan base  . How else would you explain them still being Americas team with such a long SB drought ? :usa:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, whomper said:

Again, why would the networks flood you with Cowboys games ? Demand .

I agree, it's popularity. But you also have to admit that popularity was manufactured and it started in the 70's when the Cowboys were actually a good team. They were much better marketed and we're smart enough to get in the pockets of the networks early and as I said, the more exposure you have the more fans you gain. You didn't become a fan of Dallas because you have any ties to the team. You became a fan because that's what you were exposed to and you were drawn to the product they were putting on and off the field. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's still manufactured, just like the name.

Edited by rajncajn