[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garrett done

irish

On 1/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, whomper said:

Ok so we both agree the Cowboys arent a strong team.  Hence they are chosen for primetime for better ratings to use your own words. What brings better ratings ? A giant fanbase . These are facts . You keep trying to attribute this to delusion and ego.  I'm giving you facts . Top road draw in NFL . Most valuable franchise in sports.  Facts . 

The Cowboys are a huge draw for the NFL, both because people like them but also because people hate them.

They are NOT America's team, that is just some stupid term somebody used that Cowboys fans cling to during their many years of mediocre play.

Now cue the "well you're a Browns fan what do you know nonsense". 

On 1/9/2020 at 1:22 PM, rajncajn said:

It's pretty easy to make yourself "America's team" when networks and media flood the market with your product. They've been doing it since the 70's. It's no surprise they have such a wide spread fanbase. I applaud the fact that they've marketed so well, but that hardly makes them "America's team."

They have as many haters as they do fans. How many Pats fans loved watching them lose to the Dolphins then the Titans in the playoffs. That was almost as good as my team winning something. 

33 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The Cowboys are a huge draw for the NFL, both because people like them but also because people hate them.

They are NOT America's team, that is just some stupid term somebody used that Cowboys fans cling to during their many years of mediocre play.

Now cue the "well you're a Browns fan what do you know nonsense". 

They have a brilliant marketing department, that's all. They found a gimmick that stuck. Half of the Cowboy fans that I've run across are frauds. 

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

They have a brilliant marketing department, that's all. They found a gimmick that stuck. Half of the Cowboy fans that I've run across are frauds. 

No doubt, same probably goes for many popular teams. Here in NE Ohio there are many Steeler fans, the more south and east you go of CLE the worse it gets, I work with several of them. But most I've met and talked to have decent reasons, several grew up or had roots in Western PA or parts of eastern OH and WV panhandle that are very close to PIT). But often you talk to these fans, ask "why are you a Cowboys fan" the response is basically they sstarted following them when they were young, and of course the Cowboys (Steelers, 49ers, etc.) were good and winning titles then. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

But often you talk to these fans, ask "why are you a Cowboys fan" the response is basically they sstarted following them when they were young, and of course the Cowboys (Steelers, 49ers, etc.) were good and winning titles then. 

Exactly, total fraud bandwagoners. How many Cowboys fans have ever even been to Dallas?? Such a joke 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

about time for a little spice around here.  You know... for all us rooting for loser teams.  

Spice is nice, like to see some good ribbing now and then.  Some of these hot takes though...:unsure: 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 3:54 PM, League_Champion said:

Exactly, total fraud bandwagoners. How many Cowboys fans have ever even been to Dallas?? Such a joke 

Most philly fans I know live in south jersey . With your premise , shouldn't you be rooting for teams that play in NJ if you live in NJ ? I view sports as entertainment . I understand people rooting for their home teams and I think that's great , but it isn't as if those teams are made up of guys from your home state . The NFL is an entertainment business . As I stated , my brother brainwashed me as a boy and I like all of the teams he likes.  This includes suffering as an Orioles fan . Stevegrab is right. The Cowboys have tons of haters . I have friends who like insignificant teams that flood my social media page the literal second the Cowboys lose . Its a part of being a fan of Americas team . I have enjoyed their glory years and I have diehard supported them throughout this entire drought

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, whomper said:

Most philly fans I know live in south jersey . With your premise , shouldn't you be rooting for teams that play in NJ if you live in NJ ? I view sports as entertainment . I understand people rooting for their home teams and I think that's great , but it isn't as if those teams are made up of guys from your home state . The NFL is an entertainment business . As I stated , my brother brainwashed me as a boy and I like all of the teams he likes.  This includes suffering as an Orioles fan . Stevegrab is right. The Cowboys have tons of haters . I have friends who like insignificant teams that flood my social media page the literal second the Cowboys lose . Its a part of being a fan of Americas team . I have enjoyed their glory years and I have diehard supported them throughout this entire drought

I was born & raised in Philadelphia, now reside in SC. South Jersey is literally 5 minutes across the bridge. It may as well be Philly. How many Cowboy fans live, are near or have ever even been to Dallas?? 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I was born & raised in Philadelphia, now reside in SC. South Jersey is literally 5 minutes across the bridge. It may as well be Philly. How many Cowboy fans live, are near or have ever even been to Dallas?? 

Another state is another state . It doesn't pertain to you as you were born in Philly , but the Philly fans that live in Jersey aren't true homers

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, whomper said:

Another state is another state . It doesn't pertain to you as you were born in Philly , but the Philly fans that live in Jersey aren't true homers

You just don't get it. 

Example: The nerd Cowboy fan who was born and raised in Philly. This guy is a bandwagoning traitor who has no soul or loyalty to his own. You would never trust this guy, he's a weasel. Not all Cowboy fans are like this but a lot are. And that same Cowboy fan is probably a SF or KC fan this week. He's the one in line at Dick's today buying KC & SF Jerseys. You know the guy I'm talking about. 

Edited by League_Champion

5 hours ago, whomper said:

Since you're using the "another state is another state" thing. 

Should true homer fans in NYC root for the Bills then, since they are the only NFL team that is from NY?

Or is there some kind of exemption that allows them to root for the teams that play in NJ?

51 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Should true homer fans in NYC root for the Bills then, since they are the only NFL team that is from NY?

Or is there some kind of exemption that allows them to root for the teams that play in NJ?

yes

Just now, stevegrab said:

Which question were you answering ;)  Used to go thru this with my elderly mother,I'd ask  "peas or corn with dinner tonight?" and she'd say YES.  

Corn

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Southern NJ is literally 5 minutes across the bridge from the stadium. They consider themselves Philadelphians because they are closer to the stadium than over 2 million Philadelphians. It's nothing like some JO in NY rooting for the Cowboys.

Edited by League_Champion