[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Titans vs. Patriots

Wolverines Fan

Just now, Bobby Brown said:

Will Brady's last pass of his career be a pick 6?

No way he lets that happen. 

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

That Pats offense is painful, they don't have squat 

Just said to my wife, I'm glad they're out, cause they're tough to watch. The matchups next week look way better now. 

12 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Can someone explain that chess match multiple penalty situation?

Outside of 5 minutes, they were allowed to take a delay of game and false start, allowing the clock to continue run.  If it were under 5 minutes, the clock wouldn't have continued.  I think the Patriots took their off side penalty hoping to stop the clock. 

10 minutes ago, irish said:

Outside of 5 minutes, they were allowed to take a delay of game and false start, allowing the clock to continue run.  If it were under 5 minutes, the clock wouldn't have continued.  I think the Patriots took their off side penalty hoping to stop the clock. 

That sort of scummy way to gain an edge was a perfect way for Belichick to get a taste of his own medicine since he's the one usually pulling that sort of crap. In the end, that time that ticked off the clock ended up being a big deal.

4 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

That sort of scummy way to gain an edge was a perfect way for Belichick to get a taste of his own medicine since he's the one usually pulling that sort of crap. In the end, that time that ticked off the clock ended up being a big deal.

Exactly, they shaved about 1/5 of the game away at the time they pulled it off. From just under 6 minutes to 4:44 left. The Pats blew it, plain and simple. Should've scored from 1st and goal at the 1 before the half and Edelman catches that pass for a 1st down, the outcome may be different. 

Maybe someone knows the answer to this.  When TEN had the ball and it was 4th down and they were getting ready to punt to NE with like 25 seconds left, why not take a false start penalty?  The clock was running.  Wouldn't that result in a 10 second runoff and run the game clock down to 15 seconds?

35 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

Maybe someone knows the answer to this.  When TEN had the ball and it was 4th down and they were getting ready to punt to NE with like 25 seconds left, why not take a false start penalty?  The clock was running.  Wouldn't that result in a 10 second runoff and run the game clock down to 15 seconds?

I think NE could have declined the penalty to avoid the 10 second runoff.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Can someone explain that chess match multiple penalty situation?

If the clock is outside of 5 mins left in the 4th quarter (or 2 mins left in the 2nd quarter) the clock if it was running before a penalty will continue to run no matter how many penalties in a row happen.  So Tennessee took a delay of game then took a false start then NE had a penalty on them then Tennessee took another delay to run down the clock under 5 mins.

If you go back to Monday night NE vs NYJ earlier this year Billy B tried to prove a point to the NFL.  NE was up like 30 pts and with about 8 mins or so left in the 4th he did this exact same thing he took several penalties in a row knowing the clock would just keep running he was showing the NFL this was a loophole in the system.  Now I have been saying this thing for years and finally a coach figured it out.  Remember a long time ago when the NFL would stop the clock on all out of bounds plays and all penalties regardless of time left in the game.  Then at some point some 5 or 10 or 15 whatever years ago it was they decided to keep the clock running on penalties and out of bounds plays if the clock was already running.

The NFL needs to fix this (I have been saying it for years I knew someday this would happen and now it has).

The should just have a rule if a 2nd penalty occurs in a row the clock is then stopped in the 4th quarter.  It should really be entire game but at least 4th quarter.

12 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

Bill is the guy that gave the blueprint to everyone when he pulled this against the jets earlier this season.  They were up 31 - 0 when he did it   I love that it went against in a much more important game 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

If the clock is outside of 5 mins left in the 4th quarter (or 2 mins left in the 2nd quarter) the clock if it was running before a penalty will continue to run no matter how many penalties in a row happen.  So Tennessee took a delay of game then took a false start then NE had a penalty on them then Tennessee took another delay to run down the clock under 5 mins.

If you go back to Monday night NE vs NYJ earlier this year Billy B tried to prove a point to the NFL.  NE was up like 30 pts and with about 8 mins or so left in the 4th he did this exact same thing he took several penalties in a row knowing the clock would just keep running he was showing the NFL this was a loophole in the system.  Now I have been saying this thing for years and finally a coach figured it out.  Remember a long time ago when the NFL would stop the clock on all out of bounds plays and all penalties regardless of time left in the game.  Then at some point some 5 or 10 or 15 whatever years ago it was they decided to keep the clock running on penalties and out of bounds plays if the clock was already running.

The NFL needs to fix this (I have been saying it for years I knew someday this would happen and now it has).

The should just have a rule if a 2nd penalty occurs in a row the clock is then stopped in the 4th quarter.  It should really be entire game but at least 4th quarter.

This.  What a stupid rule, or lack thereof.  If the offense commits a penalty, the clock should stop in that situation.  Give the defense the opportunity to decline the clock stoppage, or something along those lines.  

That said, I agree completely that it total karma that it came back to haunt BB.  That's awesome.