[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys likely to hire Mccarthy

Gourdeau

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Because we've seen him coach. He can't coach his way out of a paper bag. That's why he's on the street. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You like the name. He can't coach. Don't forget how it ended in GB. He wore on the players. 

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Wasn't him being lazy the big knock? How is that going to fly with Jones? He's gonna expect McCarthy there 15 hours a day. 

I don't know, I'd heard he can't coach. Maybe he was just lazy and spewed garbage all the time.

6 hours ago, DMD said:

agreed 100%

McCarthy is a tool.  NFC North has been fairly weak, The Packers had one on THE best QB's of a generation and he couldn't get it done.  Was sad to see him go as a Bears fan.

But now we have our saviour in Nagy.:wacko:

It's always tough to judge when you have Rodgers who is a prickly SOB sometimes.  But one more thing that didn't exactly Inspire confidence was when McCarthy said he had been coaching up the backup QB, I can't even remember the guys name anymore, for years and that he was ready to roll and the guy absolutely stunk up the joint.  Like not kind of bad. Really bad.

He's ready to take over an NFL franchise on day one so that's a definite positive. But I think his coaching acumen is a little up for question.  I guess we'll all find out

Edited by purplemonster

36 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

It's always tough to judge when you have Rodgers who is a prickly SOB sometimes.  But one more thing that didn't exactly Inspire confidence was when McCarthy said he had been coaching up the backup QB, I can't even remember the guys name anymore, for years and that he was ready to roll and the guy absolutely stunk up the joint.  Like not kind of bad. Really bad.

He's ready to take over an NFL franchise on day one so that's a definite positive. But I think his coaching acumen is a little up for question.  I guess we'll all find out

A-Rod. lol is a total d bag.  but if you can't win in that division, in those years, with byes, etc.  Green Bay is on the down turn for the next 10 years.  Rodgers is slow and things don't look good.

I wanted Payton when he went to New Orleans in 2006. They should have retained him as OC for that year and then hired him when Parcells left. I wanted the 14 years of Payton that he was at NO. He's already gone through his career arc by now. I would rather have had Payton over McCarthy for sure. He's never been fired mid-season for one.

But I will would have rather had a top college coach making the transition.

46 minutes ago, DMD said:

I wanted Payton when he went to New Orleans in 2006. They should have retained him as OC for that year and then hired him when Parcells left. I wanted the 14 years of Payton that he was at NO. He's already gone through his career arc by now. I would rather have had Payton over McCarthy for sure. He's never been fired mid-season for one.

But I will would have rather had a top college coach making the transition.

Payton and Mccarthy have had the exact same career, actually I'd argue Mccarthy had a better career. Payton 3 NFC title games to Mccarthy 4.. Payton 5 seasons of 8-8 or worse to Mccarthy 4, Payton 3 years straight of 7-9 and no playoffs, Mccarthy both 6 division titles.and both 1 superbowl. Both first ballot hall of fame qbs for the entirety of their career. Worth noting that in 2017, one of Mccarthys 3 losing seasons (7-9) Rodgers got hurt week 7 for the season. 

I'm not some Mccarthy homer or apologist. I'm just stating facts. Identical resumes yet Payton gets touted as an all time great and Mccarthy as a a scrub who can't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Did we watch Payton yesterday and his clock management ? 

• Like 1

Mike Nolan will be brought in by McCarthy as the DC for the Cowboys. 

41 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Payton and Mccarthy have had the exact same career, actually I'd argue Mccarthy had a better career. Payton 3 NFC title games to Mccarthy 4.. Payton 5 seasons of 8-8 or worse to Mccarthy 4, Payton 3 years straight of 7-9 and no playoffs, Mccarthy both 6 division titles.and both 1 superbowl. Both first ballot hall of fame qbs for the entirety of their career. Worth noting that in 2017, one of Mccarthys 3 losing seasons (7-9) Rodgers got hurt week 7 for the season. 

I'm not some Mccarthy homer or apologist. I'm just stating facts. Identical resumes yet Payton gets touted as an all time great and Mccarthy as a a scrub who can't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Did we watch Payton yesterday and his clock management ? 

I think the biggest knock on Payton was the last Vikings game.  He did get outcoached that game and outschemed.  The Vikings brought inside pressure, bringing their ends inside avainst their much less skilled interior guys and were down 2 CBs so had Sendejo playing nickel corner against Thomas of all people for part of it.  Sendejo has never played nickel corner and only had 2 days to prepare.  I think Payton is a good coach but that was not his best. 

Edited by purplemonster

Wow Cowboys fans aren't happy, did you expect Landry to come back from the dead? A college coach, sure because so many of them have had success in the transition to the NFL, name me the last young college coach that came in and had success........

I'd have loved to get McCarthy in Cleveland rather than another guy with no HC experience and very limited coordinator experience. 

But I'll hope for the best, and support my team. I bet our coach will be fired before McCarthy, and the Cowboys will win at least twice as many games in that period. 

Marvin Lewis > Mike McCarthy and i am not remotely kidding. These idiot owners deserve the mediocrity they get.

How in the seven hells does Garrett land an OC job after driving what should have been an amazing Cowboys offense straight into a ditch?

• Haha 1

As a Cowboys fan, not liking this hybrid "new coach, old offense" approach. It does smack of McCarthy not being in control of the entire team. I also listened to McCarthy be asked questions by the local media and he'd never say "yes" or "no" to anything. He just danced around the questions. I said it before, this seems to be the sort of hire that just doesn't work out. I realize that none of the hires in the last 25 years have worked out, so this is just another part of the same string. IMO.

1 hour ago, DMD said:

As a Cowboys fan, not liking this hybrid "new coach, old offense" approach. It does smack of McCarthy not being in control of the entire team. I also listened to McCarthy be asked questions by the local media and he'd never say "yes" or "no" to anything. He just danced around the questions. I said it before, this seems to be the sort of hire that just doesn't work out. I realize that none of the hires in the last 25 years have worked out, so this is just another part of the same string. IMO.

Being a Bears fan I pay a lot of attentions to the Packers.  Don't ever, evereverever, listen to any press conference he has.  Complete waste of your time.