[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Garrett to NY

League_Champion

Jason Garrett is headed to the other side of the Giants-Cowboys rivalry. New York announced Friday night that the former Dallas coach will join new coach Joe Judge's staff as the offensive coordinator.

The News just gets better and better!  Look at that coaching staff in NY. What the hell are they thinking?

On 1/18/2020 at 4:47 AM, League_Champion said:

Jason Garrett is headed to the other side of the Giants-Cowboys rivalry. New York announced Friday night that the former Dallas coach will join new coach Joe Judge's staff as the offensive coordinator.

The News just gets better and better!  Look at that coaching staff in NY. What the hell are they thinking?

How about we let them play some games before we declare them complete failures. 

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

How about we let them play some games before we declare them complete failures. 

Pretty sure we had nine inexplicable years of Garrett as a head coach to know he sucks. If the Giants improve, he will not be the reason.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, stethant said:

Pretty sure we had nine inexplicable years of Garrett as a head coach to know he sucks. If the Giants improve, he will not be the reason.

Awesome opinion, have any other baseless platitudes to share?

People who follow football KNOW that plenty of guys that failed as head coaches were good assistants/coordinators before/after their HC gig. 

In Garrett's 3 years as OC in Dallas they won 13, 9, 11 games, in that first year they were 2nd in points scored (18th and 14th the other 2)

I guess he had nothing to do with that.

I'm not saying he is certain to succeed as OC with the Giants, only that dismissing any chance of it based on his time as head coach is what simpletons do. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

People who follow football KNOW that plenty of guys that failed as head coaches were good assistants/coordinators before/after their HC gig. 

In Garrett's 3 years as OC in Dallas they won 13, 9, 11 games, in that first year they were 2nd in points scored (18th and 14th the other 2)

I'm not saying he is certain to succeed as OC with the Giants, only that dismissing any chance of it based on his time as head coach is what simpletons do. 

Give me all the numbers you want. What has he won?

I think we've seen enough of Garrett to form an educated opinion. He's done NOTHING with a boatload of talent. This years choke job was especially impressive. Would you not agree that he's been a terrible disappointment? So how are we dismissing him? 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So let me unpack this a bit. We watched Garrett's offense, with Garrett's playcalling for 9 years in Dallas when he was head coach, and the team never made consistent progress to excellence. The Cowboys O-line is insanely talented, their QB Dak Prescott is a potential star, and they have more than enough RB and WR talent. The defense is salvageable.

The NY Giants, on the other hand, are a dumpster fire of a franchise with a star RB, a TE with potential, and really very little else. What magical thinking leads you to believe that Garrett's performance as an OC more than a decade ago, with 9 seasons after that to evaluate as a head coach, has any bearing on what he's going to do in 2020? 

Who are these "plenty of guys" that coached a team for 9 years, got fired, and then became a successful OC of another team? Maybe Josh McDaniels but he only lasted 2 years and then went right back into the system he came from.

Child, please!

Edited by stethant

12 hours ago, stethant said:

So let me unpack this a bit. We watched Garrett's offense, with Garrett's playcalling for 9 years in Dallas when he was head coach, and the team never made consistent progress to excellence. The Cowboys O-line is insanely talented, their QB Dak Prescott is a potential star, and they have more than enough RB and WR talent. The defense is salvageable.

The NY Giants, on the other hand, are a dumpster fire of a franchise with a star RB, a TE with potential, and really very little else. What magical thinking leads you to believe that Garrett's performance as an OC more than a decade ago, with 9 seasons after that to evaluate as a head coach, has any bearing on what he's going to do in 2020? 

Who are these "plenty of guys" that coached a team for 9 years, got fired, and then became a successful OC of another team? Maybe Josh McDaniels but he only lasted 2 years and then went right back into the system he came from.

Child, please!

Agree, to think that Garrett will go to NY and all in a sudden figure it out is absurd. He's had a lot of time and talent to figure that out by now. 

19 hours ago, stevegrab said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

20 hours ago, stethant said:

Child, please!

Oh no, not the child please ending, how will I live that one down....

You assertion that Garrett is a failure and unfit to be an OC is opinion, based on the Cowboys not winning enough as head coach. My point is that many guys who failed as head coaches continue to do well as coordinators or assistants. Romeo Crennel, Jim Scwhartz to name a couple. 

I don't like Garrett, I just see this silly argument all the time "Oh that guy failed as a coach, why would anybody hire him to do the dishes."  Just another broad statement from sports blowhards. 

14 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Oh no, not the child please ending, how will I live that one down....

You assertion that Garrett is a failure and unfit to be an OC is opinion, based on the Cowboys not winning enough as head coach. My point is that many guys who failed as head coaches continue to do well as coordinators or assistants. Romeo Crennel, Jim Scwhartz to name a couple. 

I don't like Garrett, I just see this silly argument all the time "Oh that guy failed as a coach, why would anybody hire him to do the dishes."  Just another broad statement from sports blowhards. 

Oh come on. Garrett sucks. We all know it, the world knows it, and for whatever reason the Giants don't know it. 

It's a miracle Garrett could even inspire his own hands to clap. 

2 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Oh come on. Garrett sucks. We all know it, the world knows it, and for whatever reason the Giants don't know it. 

It's a miracle Garrett could even inspire his own hands to clap. 

Meh plenty of people thought Reid sucked after failing to win a SB in Philly. Or that Marty Schottenheimer sucked because he couldn't win the big game. Heck Belichick sucked with the Browns originally, but look at him now.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

What has Andy Reid ever won? 

$2 on a scratch-off ticket just last week from the local Quickie Mart.  How's that make you feel?