[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl: 49ers @ KCC

Bier Meister

7 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

1st off, leave it to an Eagles fan to talk smack about Andy Reid.  Dude is a great coach.  Coaches don't make plays, they just work to get the best out of their players.  Dude is probably one of the best in the game to do that - way better than Chip Kelly was and a far step ahead of Doug Pederson.  Don't knock the guy cause your GM didn't put together a solid enough team to take home the hardware when he was there. 

2nd off, I see some pretty thick homer goggles from 49ers fans.  Everyone still wants to talk up Richard Sherman.  He still makes the occasional smart play, but dude gets burnt, a lot.  If SF is smart, they will NOT put him on Tyreek Hill.  And sure, SF has a solid pass rush.  While talented, they're tasked with chasing down one of, if not the most mobile and elusive QBs in the game.  They might get to him a time or two, but it won't be enough to disrupt his game. 

The reason SF will struggle is their lack of a sound passing game.  Sure, the SF homers will try to tell me that Garoppolo is for real, and you have (a beat up) George Kittle, (an aging) Emanuel Sanders, and (a decent but raw rookie) in Samuel.  You will talk up the run game too, but look what just happened a few days ago, not to mention Colemans separated shoulder.  Tennessee has (well, had) the best run game in the NFL, and ask them how well that worked out for them against KC.  Their passing game is also similar to that of SF.  Just like they did with Tennessee, KC will make SF one dimensional, and that D line will eat up Garoppolo the entire 2nd half.  It's going to be ugly. 

I don't want to take the wind out of the sails of the 49ers fans, and I do like to cheer for the underdog to which that would have me cheering for SF.  That said, I really don't care who wins this game, and wouldn't be disappointed to see KC win either - all I want is a close game that comes down to the last drive.  Unfortunately, I don't see that happening in this one. 

7 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

I'm not anti-49er.  Hell, I even said I'll probably cheer for them.  Not sure why you'd say that.  I'm anti-Sherman cause I think he's the most overrated DB in the game, but that's not here nor there.  He doesn't make or break a team.  All I simply said was that I believe KC is the better team. 

I have no issue with anyone thinking KCC is a better team, but that's not all you simply said. You again provide a false narrative and state any contradiction from a 49ers fan is strictly homer bias. I am not convinced that you watched 49ers games this year by your commentary. The 49ers passing game does not match the Chiefs, but it moves chains and scores.

32 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Clearly you did not read the OP's comments in the beginning of this thread.

The resident Chiefs fan concurred with the breakdown for the most part.  You are falsely attributing homer bias to me as if i thought SF had a strong edge in every category and predict a blowout curbstomping. 

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

You again provide a false narrative and state any contradiction from a 49ers fan is strictly homer bias. 

Please take some time to search for it, and when you find it, please inform me (and anyone else reading this) where I said "any contradiction from a 49ers fan is strictly homer bias."  You read what I typed and apparently took offense to it.  This may come as a shock, but everyone is not a 49ers fan.  Don't be so sensitive, Nancy.  

I am not convinced that you watched 49ers games this year by your commentary. 

You're again putting words in my mouth.  Never once in this thread or anywhere else here on any other social media outlet did I ever claim to watch one 49er game.  I have (and will) claim to be an avid sports fan who watches SportsCenter regularly, not to mention someone who has the NFL RedZone on for 7 hours every Sunday during the regular season.  The 49ers are good.  They got more air time than most.  Analysts talked about them more.  So no, I didn't watch an entire 49er game, but I saw the weekly highlights and analysts breakdowns.  

The resident Chiefs fan concurred with the breakdown for the most part.  

Congrats on getting the resident Chiefs fan humbly blow smoke up your ass - cause lets not sugar coat it, that's really what he did.  Don't fool yourself.  And, for what it's worth, he also publicly stated his affection for me.  Top that.  

11 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

QB: Strong edge KCC

RB: Strong edge SF

WR: edge KCC

TE: very slight edge to SF for kittle's blocking (rec is a push)

PK: push

ST: edge KCC

Defense: Strong edge SF

Coaching: edge SF

Keys for SF:

- minimizing mahomes. do not let him roll right. cannot give him a third chance to throw.... he makes a first defender miss. sf needs that second guy in to alter the pass.

- minimize the big play (something SF is susceptible to) , and KCC can thrive on.

- run efficiently to open up play action.

- coverage of d. williams in the passing game... very sneaky weapon 

- turn kcc tds into fgs

Keys for KC:

- pass protection for mahomes

- contain SF's running game

- build a lead where SF needs to pass more than they would like

31-27 SF

I like your break down and I think I generally agree with almost all of it. I guess I'm not sure that there's any coaching differential there. Andy Reid is still pretty wily.  But I'm definitely impressed with the job Shanahan is doing SF.  Seems to me the same thing is likely to be the issue as everybody against SF thus far. Can people stop the defensive line for SF. Or at least can SF limit Mahomes escaping and getting big plays. That d-line for San Francisco is something else.  

If I was Kansas City I'd be doing everything I could to figure out a way of stopping the run. (Good luck). I'd much prefer to make Garoppolo beat me

Edited by purplemonster

5 hours ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

I’m excited for the chance to win the big one again and am really glad that most everyone I’ve talked to already has KC raising the Lombardi... love being the underdog it only gives you room to go up! Not many expect them to beat mahomes and co. It has really been a year of proving themselves worthy week in and week out! So why the hell not go be special one more week in the big one!  

@Shorttynaz

yes I actually did wasn’t aware I was supposed to specify that it wasn’t analysts and experts I talk to daily... so there’s that

33 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Please take some time to search for it, and when you find it, please inform me (and anyone else reading this) where I said "any contradiction from a 49ers fan is strictly homer bias."  You read what I typed and apparently took offense to it.  This may come as a shock, but everyone is not a 49ers fan.  

49ers fans can't say JG is real.... because we are 9er fans.

You're again putting words in my mouth.  Never once in this thread or anywhere else here on any other social media outlet did I ever claim to watch one 49er game.  I have (and will) claim to be an avid sports fan who watches SportsCenter regularly, not to mention someone who has the NFL RedZone on for 7 hours every Sunday during the regular season.  The 49ers are good.  They got more air time than most.  Analysts talked about them more.  So no, I didn't watch an entire 49er game, but I saw the weekly highlights and analysts breakdowns.  

you are forming opinions and making evaluations, while dismissing others,  without actually watching the players and games.   Highlights don't tell the story of the games played.

Congrats on getting the resident Chiefs fan humbly blow smoke up your ass - cause lets not sugar coat it, that's really what he did.  Don't fool yourself.  And, for what it's worth, he also publicly stated his affection for me.  Top that.  

We have know each other 20 years.  If he disagreed, he would have made his opinion know (as he did while discussing roll outs).

10 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

The reason SF will struggle is their lack of a sound passing game.  Sure, the SF homers will try to tell me that Garoppolo is for real, and you have (a beat up) George Kittle, (an aging) Emanuel Sanders, and (a decent but raw rookie) in Samuel.  You will talk up the run game too, but look what just happened a few days ago, not to mention Colemans separated shoulder.  Tennessee has (well, had) the best run game in the NFL, and ask them how well that worked out for them against KC.  Their passing game is also similar to that of SF.  Just like they did with Tennessee, KC will make SF one dimensional, and that D line will eat up Garoppolo the entire 2nd half.  It's going to be ugly. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I like your break down and I think I generally agree with almost all of it. I guess I'm not sure that there's any coaching differential there. Andy Reid is still pretty wily.  But I'm definitely impressed with the job Shanahan is doing SF.  Seems to me the same thing is likely to be the issue as everybody against SF thus far. Can people stop the defensive line for SF. Or at least can SF limit Mahomes escaping and getting big plays. That d-line for San Francisco is something else.  

If I was Kansas City I'd be doing everything I could to figure out a way of stopping the run. (Good luck). I'd much prefer to make Garoppolo beat me

I Agree with you don’t see the Reid hate as I think he’s a fantastic coach! I know he’s had some stumbles along the way I’m not blind but really feel he learned from all those missteps and his team will be locked and loaded. And also I would definitely want Jimmy to beat me over the run game as well the only problem is the run game comes from a ton of different looks ex. samuel kittle and various directional runs out of the backfield. I think if they sell out to stop it the play action quick hitters down the middle will be open all day and that’s actually where jimmy excels. Should be a damn good game I’m nervous as KC is a studly team and Mahomes is arguably the best player in the NFL right now .. but hey any given Sunday baby! Cheers man I enjoy your posts you are a knowledge cat and I dig it!! (Wedding Crashers kinda) :brew:

• Like 2

Just now, Shorttynaz said:

I'm not tryin to bust your guys balls.  I actually get enjoyment from the back and forth banter on these forums

Nah I know man and it’s fun for me too. Sh!t I’ve   Had beers with guys in these forums over the years that I went at it with and we laughed and enjoyed ourselves in those meet ups! I’m passionate for all my teams and will defend them to the end. Right or wrong I love my teams  and will ride or die with them and our true fans!

9 minutes ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Nah I know man and it’s fun for me too. Sh!t I’ve   Had beers with guys in these forums over the years that I went at it with and we laughed and enjoyed ourselves in those meet ups! I’m passionate for all my teams and will defend them to the end. Right or wrong I love my teams  and will ride or die with them and our true fans!

Cheers to that. 

The downfall of a forum or any other social media platform is you can't read someone's tone.  Unless you really know someone, sarcasm is generally lost as well.  Goes without saying, but if there were no passionate, die hard sports fans loyal to their team(s), watching sports would be blah.  We love certain teams and we love to hate others.  It's what makes it so enjoyable.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Cheers to that. 

The downfall of a forum or any other social media platform is you can't read someone's tone.  Unless you really know someone, sarcasm is generally lost as well.  Goes without saying, but if there were no passionate, die hard sports fans loyal to their team(s), watching sports would be blah.  We love certain teams and we love to hate others.  It's what makes it so enjoyable.  

Amen brother 

On 1/21/2020 at 1:28 PM, Gourdeau said:

My assessment as an unbiased onlooker....

There are a lot more things that San Fran needs to do in order to win this game so I think you're right on that.  I disagree with you on a few things.

First, The WR assessment is a strong advantage in KC's favor, especially when considering D Williams out of the backfield. When Sammy Watkins is the 4th option, and your 5th option runs a 4.3/ 40, that is frightening. 

I would also argue that while San Fran's defense is better, I don't believe they have a strong edge in this particular matchup. The 9ers secondary is very vulnerable with the Chiefs speed at WR. The KC offensive line is ranked 4th in Pass protection this season so I don't see them being bullied by the 9ers d-line like we've seen. On the flip side, the 9ers o-line is ranked 15th in Pass pro, so the defensive line of KC could certainly swing the defensive battle a bit towards KC. KC's defense is greatly improved over the second half of the season. Honey Badger has been an absolute force, So again, I agree, overall, 9ers Def ha the edge BUT to me, in this particular matchup, its a slight edge. 

I also don't agree that the coaching edge is with San Fran. Lets not forget who designed the defense that shut down the 18-0 Patriots in 2007. Spags has a lot more weapons on this defense than he did back then. Chris Jones is a run stopping force and he came out of last weeks game without aggravation of his injury. 2 more weeks off will work wonders for him.  Andy Reid is an absolute force coming off a bye week (17-3). People will argue he has had some late game management issues, that's somewhat fair but overblown in my opinion. If we are going to knock him for that, lets not forget who the OC was for the Falcons in that utter collapse vs NE a few years ago. 

Ultimately this should be a classic game.   

QB: Strong edge KCC

RB: Strong edge SF

WR: Strong edge KCC

TE: Very slight edge to SF for Kittle's blocking (rec is a push)

PK: Push

ST: Edge KCC

Defense: Edge SF

Coaching: Edge KC

34-27 Chiefs

Surprised you're the first one to disagree with SF having the coaching advantage, even Chief Dick didn't support his guy. Shanahan is very good, I wish my Browns hadn't let him get away. But Andy Reid is much more experienced and has a great staff (Spagnolo, Bienemy).

I do hope it will be a close game, doesn't have to be the final drive but I hate feeling like games are over at half time, which has been the feeling since the MIN-SF game started in divisional weekend. 

49 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Surprised you're the first one to disagree with SF having the coaching advantage, even Chief Dick didn't support his guy. Shanahan is very good, I wish my Browns hadn't let him get away. But Andy Reid is much more experienced and has a great staff (Spagnolo, Bienemy).

I do hope it will be a close game, doesn't have to be the final drive but I hate feeling like games are over at half time, which has been the feeling since the MIN-SF game started in divisional weekend. 

Andy Reid is a stunad. That's why he's been an NFL Coach for a hundred years and only one Superbowl appearance, which was a loss. All this despite having some great teams. So yes, the Niners have a HUGE coaching advantage and if it gets to a chess match, Andy is done! 

31 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

..... but, but, but  you have the pants :D

The all powerful victory pants rock.

Chiefs need to win to even the AFC/NFC record in SB at 25 each (old AFL/NFL also split the first 4 with 2 each), along with 50 years since their last title. Heck the win would also make a 1-1 split for NFC/AFC in SB wins on games played on Feb 2. Too much lining up perfectly for KC. 

38 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Someone explain something to me. The 9ers are being billed as having this super elite defense yet the Chiefs have more INT, more tackle for loss and less points against for the year. The have only 3 less total sacks

Kansas City's rushing defense isn't good. The Chiefs ranked 26th in the NFL this season against the run, allowing 128.2 yards per game and a whopping 4.9 yards per carry