[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saw this picture of Andy Reid, had to post it.

Wolverines Fan

3 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Funny thing is he had to come from behind in all of his victories this postseason, not sure if that's been done before. That's not like the old Andy Reid of jumping ahead. I'm happy for him.

Me too.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:23 AM, Shaft said:

Funny thing is he had to come from behind in all of his victories this postseason, not sure if that's been done before. That's not like the old Andy Reid of jumping ahead. I'm happy for him.

Saw on FS1 yesterday that in fact that has never been done before. Down double digits at half in 3 straight AND end up winning by double digits in 3 straight playoff games not to mention 21 unanswered points in the last 6 minutes of THE SUPERBOWL!  Absolutely unprecedented 

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Saw on FS1 yesterday that in fact that has never been done before. Down double digits at half in 3 straight AND end up winning by double digits in 3 straight playoff games not to mention 21 unanswered points in the last 6 minutes of THE SUPERBOWL!  Absolutely unprecedented 

Mahomes was something like 6-0 in games where he trailed by double digits this year, including those 3 playoff games.

Down 10 in Q4 I figured still a good chance the Chiefs can win, considering what I saw this year. 

52 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Mahomes was something like 6-0 in games where he trailed by double digits this year, including those 3 playoff games.

Down 10 in Q4 I figured still a good chance the Chiefs can win, considering what I saw this year. 

I read an interesting take today that really hit me. For the past 20 years, we've all had this belief regarding New England and Tom Brady that it was never over until the clock struck 0, no matter what the obstacle, if your team was playing them, you were never comfortable with a lead until it was over. Well I think Patty Mahomes has that same effect. 

23 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I read an interesting take today that really hit me. For the past 20 years, we've all had this belief regarding New England and Tom Brady that it was never over until the clock struck 0, no matter what the obstacle, if your team was playing them, you were never comfortable with a lead until it was over. Well I think Patty Mahomes has that same effect. 

He just wills them to do things that seem impossible. On the Road to the Super Bowl show they were playing some clips where he and Reid were talking. Reid tells him "4 down territory here", Mahomes says "no problem we'll get it here" and runs onto the field, Reid looks at an assistant and says "I think he means he's just going to score the TD here, forget 4th down." 

On 2/4/2020 at 1:49 PM, Gourdeau said:

Indeed. This is so un-Chiefs like.

So many gut punches over the years. So many failures in the playoffs by unimaginable collapses.

All gone now - poof - because of this guy. Love him. 

1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

Indeed. This is so un-Chiefs like.

So many gut punches over the years. So many failures in the playoffs by unimaginable collapses.

All gone now - poof - because of this guy. Love him. 

State of Kansas must be thrilled ;)

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:10 AM, Gourdeau said:

Down double digits at half in 3 straight AND end up winning by double digits in 3 straight playoff games

Maybe I’m misreading this, but KC wasn’t trailing at the half in any play-off game.

up 28-24 vs Houston

up 21-17 vs Tennessee

tied 10-10 vs San Francisco

They were only down 3 to SF in the first half, so it’s not down by double digits in the first half at some point. Down by 10 at any point, I guess.

Edited by Riffraff
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Riffraff said:

Maybe I’m misreading this, but KC wasn’t trailing at the half in any play-off game.

up 28-24 vs Houston

up 21-17 vs Tennessee

tied 10-10 vs San Francisco

They were only down 3 to SF in the first half, so it’s not down by double digits in the first half at some point. Down by 10 at any point, I guess.

you're right, either way you slice it, still very impressive