[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jaguars to London?

League_Champion

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

At least field conditions will be proper if they get a permanent team instead of the subpar surface of a soccer field.

Wembley needs it.  Tottenheim's new stadium has a 2nd Field Turf surface built in to accommodate NFL games.

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

This feels almost inevitable at this point. The NFL is dying for a team in London and The NFL is pushing the Jags as London's team.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jacksonville-jaguars-will-play-consecutive-home-games-in-london-next-season

NFL isn't pushing for anything, Jags owner Khan has volunteered to play those games in London, the only team to do so many consecutive years and make long term commitment. This is all about the money for the Jags, they get more to play in London than at home. And with several other teams that had low attendance/revenue from playing at home moving into new digs (Rams/Chargers, Raiders) they have to do something to boost their revenue. 

Again since people just like to bash Goodell I'll remind everybody he is not some rogue CEO who does whatever he wants, he represents the owners, and if enough of them don't like his work he'll be replaced. The NFL owners are behind this, not just Goodell, because it can boost revenue league wide.

I still think a full time team in London is a long way off and has a lot of logistics issues to deal with, maybe in a few years the Jags play half a season there with two pairs of these back to back home games. 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

NFL isn't pushing for anything, Jags owner Khan has volunteered to play those games in London, the only team to do so many consecutive years and make long term commitment. This is all about the money for the Jags, they get more to play in London than at home. And with several other teams that had low attendance/revenue from playing at home moving into new digs (Rams/Chargers, Raiders) they have to do something to boost their revenue. 

Again since people just like to bash Goodell I'll remind everybody he is not some rogue CEO who does whatever he wants, he represents the owners, and if enough of them don't like his work he'll be replaced. The NFL owners are behind this, not just Goodell, because it can boost revenue league wide.

I still think a full time team in London is a long way off and has a lot of logistics issues to deal with, maybe in a few years the Jags play half a season there with two pairs of these back to back home games. 

This.  I'd say it's 50/50 at best that we see a full-time London team in the next 20 years. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

And why does Florida have so many Pro Football teams when they can barely support one? 

I didn't realize that only one team in FL has support, figure you must mean the Dolphins. I thought the Bucs did pretty well and have a solid fan base. Jags teams have sucked too much, plus their owner is part of this "lets play games in London" initiative, so there's good reason not to support them. 

If teams have really bad support (or a bad stadium) they eventually go elsewhere. 

33 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I didn't realize that only one team in FL has support, figure you must mean the Dolphins. I thought the Bucs did pretty well and have a solid fan base. Jags teams have sucked too much, plus their owner is part of this "lets play games in London" initiative, so there's good reason not to support them. 

If teams have really bad support (or a bad stadium) they eventually go elsewhere. 

I was thinking the Bucs. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale a few years and can tell you that there is virtually no local support for the Dolphins. Florida as a whole is all about College Football. Pro Football is an afterthought.