Sign in to follow this  
League_Champion

Deal for Dak?

For reference last year, he turned down $30 million and may or may not asked for $40 Million.

He's not in the other top QB's league IMO.  He should be happy with 30

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

He's not in the other top QB's league IMO.  He should be happy with 30

That's what I'm thinking as well. He's a good, not special QB on a very good team. Is he a top 10 QB? I don't see it. 

58 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Dak reminds me a lot of Kirk.  Generally looks the part of a QB but fails to get it done when necessary, (so far anyway)

Yup, he folded like a cheap suit down the stretch and hasn't done anything to help them make a deep playoff run. And that team is loaded on both sides of the ball. 

Truly elite quarterbacks are vastly underpaid.  It makes people believe that tier 2 and tier 3 quarterbacks are overpaid.  Dak is easily worth $35 million/year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Dak is easily worth $35 million/year

If he's EASILY worth $35 million a year Mahomes is EASILY worth $55 million.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:26 PM, michaelredd9 said:

Truly elite quarterbacks are vastly underpaid.  It makes people believe that tier 2 and tier 3 quarterbacks are overpaid.  Dak is easily worth $35 million/year.

Hey others may not like it but this is the truth. After Zeke's ridiculous hold-out last year got paid out, you'd better believe Dak is going to rake them for every last cent. They franchise him and the bridge is burned.

I still enjoy Jerrah setting himself up for immense failure. You sign the RB first and forget the QB and WR? Let me spell a.n.a.l.y.t.i.c.s. for you Jerrah. A$$hat.

Edited by stethant

6 hours ago, stethant said:

Hey others may not like it but this is the truth. After Zeke's ridiculous hold-out last year got paid out, you'd better believe Dak is going to rake them for every last cent. They franchise him and the bridge is burned.

I still enjoy Jerrah setting himself up for immense failure. You sign the RB first and forget the QB and WR? Let me spell a.n.a.l.y.t.i.c.s. for you Jerrah. A$$hat.

I still don't understand why they didn't just pay Zeke earlier if they were going to do it anyway. Instead he held out and was a little out of shape at the beginning of the season. Jerrah even found a way to fail at failing.

9 hours ago, stethant said:

Ohh, no doubt. Dak is about to be a very very wealthy man. That's not the debate though. I'd debate if he's worth Top 5 money which he's probably going to get. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:26 PM, League_Champion said:

If he's EASILY worth $35 million a year Mahomes is EASILY worth $55 million.

If the Franchise Tag didn't exist, Mahomes could easily get $55 million/year on the open market.

10 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

If the Franchise Tag didn't exist, Mahomes could easily get $55 million/year on the open market.

No doubt, with upwards of 65 possible. And I wouldn't argue 

Dak is a giant waste of money. I wouldnt give him 15 million. Id let him walk. He wouldnt start on more than half of the teams in the nfl, why should we give him elite money ? He cant spread the field and cant throw a deep ball.

Edited by whomper

If Mahomes is smart, he would wait on this contract before he agrees to any extension from the Chiefs.

If the Chiefs were smart, they would sigh Mahomes NOW.

If Dak gets anything north of $35mil/year, that Mahomes contract is gonna go through the roof. 

This precedent has been set already, big contracts to non elite QBs---> Flacco, Cousins , Garoppolo, Smith, Carr, etc. Dak will get his money because the market says so.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shaft said:

This precedent has been set already, big contracts to non elite QBs---> Flacco, Cousins , Garoppolo, Smith, Carr, etc. Dak will get his money because the market says so.

There's no doubt he'll get a mega contract. Doesn't mean he's worth it. 

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

There's no doubt he'll get a mega contract. Doesn't mean he's worth it. 

You are worth whatever somebody will pay you. Market pressures are at work in many places. 

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You are worth whatever somebody will pay you. Market pressures are at work in many places. 

Jon Gruden and I would beg to differ with you.

Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders: $19.9 million in 2019 (5-year/$125 million overall)