[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DL Myles Garrett reinstated

Big John

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Wow, what pictures did Garrett have of Goodell? 

Did you really think Garrett was doing to remain suspended indefinitely? For an on field incident?  When has that happened? 

From what I understand the CBA doesn't allow for that, which means Goodell would be on shaky ground and the NFLPA would be all over them fighting this with lawyers. 

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Did you really think Garrett was doing to remain suspended indefinitely? For an on field incident?  When has that happened? 

From what I understand the CBA doesn't allow for that, which means Goodell would be on shaky ground and the NFLPA would be all over them fighting this with lawyers. 

For assault with a weapon? Of course Goodell would let him off, he played the race card and Goody got scared. 

• Like 1

In any other environment, that is battery - a crime punishable by jail / prison time. 

Hilarious that we STILL see Browns fans defending it saying Rudolph had it coming.  Rudolph was not innocent, but Garrett had no place to take justice into his own hands.  Still baffled why Garrett wasn't formally charged.  

11 hours ago, League_Champion said:

For assault with a weapon? Of course Goodell would let him off, he played the race card and Goody got scared. 

STILL yet to hear a valid defense of Garrett's actions.  He committed a crime and received no legal charge or penalty. 

Battery is any unlawful offensive physical contact with another person, with or without his or her consent.... Unlike the crime of assault, battery requires that actual contact is made, while assault charges can be brought with only the threat of violence.

Edited by Shorttynaz

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

STILL yet to hear a valid defense of Garrett's actions.  He committed a crime and received no legal charge or penalty. 

Battery is any unlawful offensive physical contact with another person, with or without his or her consent.... Unlike the crime of assault, battery requires that actual contact is made, while assault charges can be brought with only the threat of violence.

Agree! Because it's a game it's ok to physically assault someone? If I assault someone at my job I get fired and jail time. The "Its a game" defense is nonsensical. 

21 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

In any other environment, that is battery - a crime punishable by jail / prison time. 

Hilarious that we STILL see Browns fans defending it saying Rudolph had it coming.  Rudolph was not innocent, but Garrett had no place to take justice into his own hands.  Still baffled why Garrett wasn't formally charged.  

UMM pretty sure most of the physical action going on in a football game would be considered a crime as well, guess we should eliminate the sport altogether.

Can't believe people are so concerned about this with all the real problems in the world today. 30-40 years ago NFL players suffered far worse physical contact that Rudolph did that night. People like you are acting like he was hospitalized with a broken neck. 

Your nonsense trying to make this out to be a crime is either trolling or pure delusion. 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Garrett is such a load. 

Myles Garrett reiterates claim Steelers' Mason Rudolph used racial slur to spark helmet-swinging incident

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/myles-garrett-steelers-mason-rudolph-sparked-helmet-swinging-incident-racial-slur

Go tell Garrett to his face if you're so tough. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I forgot you're from Ohio, he's your man. Hope you're proud Steve. 

I'm a Browns fan, I support my team, that is what fans do. I am not proud if Garrett's behavior that night, it was a horrible thing. He isn't proud either, he knows it was wrong.

If you think otherwise your mistaken and I won't waste my time debating with you.

No go boo Santa Clause (you'e an Eagles fan after all). 

37 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm a Browns fan, I support my team, that is what fans do. I am not proud if Garrett's behavior that night, it was a horrible thing. He isn't proud either, he knows it was wrong.

If you think otherwise your mistaken and I won't waste my time debating with you.

No go boo Santa Clause (you'e an Eagles fan after all). 

That was a myth, get it right old man. Get your facts right. They didn't boo Santa Clause, they booed the fat drunken a-hole who looked NOTHING like Santa Claus. And Cleveland is the septic tank of America, it doesn't compare to Philly. 

Trying to debate the issue with a Browns fan is like trying to talk sense into a 2 year old. 

Why would we cancel the sport, Steve?  They use a ball, Steve - not a weapon.  It's just that Garrett turned his helmet into a weapon, Steve.  He then committed battery against another player, Steve.  

6 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Trying to debate the issue with a Browns fan is like trying to talk sense into a 2 year old. 

Why would we cancel the sport, Steve?  They use a ball, Steve - not a weapon.  It's just that Garrett turned his helmet into a weapon, Steve.  He then committed battery against another player, Steve.  

I should of know better. I don't understand why this is so hard for some people to understand. It's battery on the street, it's battery in your home and it's battery on a football field. Simple as that. What the hell does it matter if it happened during a game or in the parking lot? 

19 hours ago, stevegrab said:

UMM pretty sure most of the physical action going on in a football game would be considered a crime as well, guess we should eliminate the sport altogether.

Difference is most of the physical activity is legal within the confines of that sport. Once you step out of the legalities of that activity/ game/ sport, the act in question should be open to regular sanctions. In this case a crime. The only reason it wasn't is because he didn't hit him clean. I don't think a lot of people realize how bad this could have turned out if he hits him clean. Marty Mcsorley vs Donald Brashear in the NHL is a prime example. 

Edited by Gourdeau

2 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Difference is most of the physical activity is legal within the confines of that sport. Once you step out of the legalities of that activity/ game/ sport, the act in question should be open to regular sanctions. In this case a crime. The only reason it wasn't is because he didn't hit him clean. I don't think a lot of people realize how bad this could have turned out if he hits him clean. Marty Mcsorley vs Donald Brashear in the NHL is a prime example. 

It's still assault at the very least, he tried to take his dam head off. A crime is a crime everywhere. Local authorities could easily of pressed charges against Garrett. They won't because it's the NFL and it would be a Shizz Storm that nobody wants. It's easier and safer to let them police themselves, even though they can't. Besides, once Garrett started throwing around the "N Word" nobody was going to touch it. Everyone backed off.