[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DL Myles Garrett reinstated

Big John

I guess I'm a little confused with this argument of assault.  Almost EVERY sport technically has assault in it.  Hockey players should all be sued and thrown in jail according to this logic.  B-Ball and Baseball players have bench clearing brawls, a college basketball player even picked up a chair recently.  That is equally as bad if not worse than a helmet.  Honestly, wielding a stick is the most dangerous by far!  So I guess we should just quit the game of hockey because a high stick happens all the time and should be considered assault.

1 minute ago, NAUgrad said:

I guess I'm a little confused with this argument of assault.  Almost EVERY sport technically has assault in it.  Hockey players should all be sued and thrown in jail according to this logic.  B-Ball and Baseball players have bench clearing brawls, a college basketball player even picked up a chair recently.  That is equally as bad if not worse than a helmet.  Honestly, wielding a stick is the most dangerous by far!  So I guess we should just quit the game of hockey because a high stick happens all the time and should be considered assault.

Maybe taking a guys stick and beating him with it is assault? No? Sounds like assault to me. 

1 hour ago, whomper said:

Garret with a well executed race card. works every time !

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Everytime!! It's fool proof. 

If he did or not, it's irrelevant and should have no influence on the case.

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

If he did or not, it's irrelevant and should have no influence on the case.

Well it did. Goodell ran so fast from this as soon as he heard the "N" word it's not funny. As soon as that word is uttered it's over, and Garrett knew it. He's scum, he buried that kid and ruined any chance he had of getting endorsements just to save his own ass. 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Well it did. Goodell ran so fast from this as soon as he heard the "N" word it's not funny. As soon as that word is uttered it's over, and Garrett knew it. He's scum, he buried that kid and ruined any chance he had of getting endorsements just to save his own ass. 

I'm confused. Garrett got the stiffest punishment EVER for an on field incident and you're saying the commissioner bent over because of a racial slur? Do you have any proof of this? 

3 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I'm confused. Garrett got the stiffest punishment EVER for an on field incident and you're saying the commissioner bent over because of a racial slur? Do you have any proof of this? 

I'm sorry, is he an angel now? 

Garrett had been fined $50,000 for several penalties, notably punching Delanie Walker of the Tennessee Titans and two roughing-the-passer plays on Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian, one of which ended his season.

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm sorry, is he an angel now? 

Garrett had been fined $50,000 for several penalties, notably punching Delanie Walker of the Tennessee Titans and two roughing-the-passer plays on Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian, one of which ended his season.

Not saying he's an angel, but you keep bringing up this racial slur like it had some influence on the Commissioner. I'm saying it's hard to say that was the case when he got the toughest penalty ever. I'm just failing to see the logic in your argument.  

29 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Not saying he's an angel, but you keep bringing up this racial slur like it had some influence on the Commissioner. I'm saying it's hard to say that was the case when he got the toughest penalty ever. I'm just failing to see the logic in your argument.  

You don't get it. Of course it had an influence. The N word is cryptonite to the NFL and it's sponsors. Goody wants this thing to go away asap. You know as well as I do that Rudolph never said that. But you appear to defend Garrett, why is that? Tell us your agenda here. 

Edited by League_Champion

20 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You don't get it. Of course it had an influence. The N word is cryptonite to the NFL and it's sponsors. Goody wants this thing to go away asap. You know as well as I do that Rudolph never said that. But you appear to defend Garrett, why is that? Tell us your agenda here. 

I probably hate Goodell more than anyone here and would love to agree, but I still think you're off base here.

As for Rudolph, the guy acted like a dbag on the field, regardless if he said it or not. If I were a company looking for someone to endorse my product, it sure wouldn't be him. 

31 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agenda???!!! Dude, you're on something or need to get on something. Everything I stated was actual fact, not speculation. I never defended Garrett and could care less about the man. You keep throwing stuff out there with little backing or evidence and if someone doesn't agree, there's something wrong with them.

You're off base on many aspects of this discussion, but to each their own.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I probably hate Goodell more than anyone here and would love to agree, but I still think you're off base here.

As for Rudolph, the guy acted like a dbag on the field, regardless if he said it or not. If I were a company looking for someone to endorse my product, it sure wouldn't be him. 

Rudolph could endorse mayonnaise during the Tomi Lahren hour.

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, Shorttynaz said:

This makes no sense.  Shouldn't matter if it was on the field, on the street, in a pool, on a plane, etc.  Battery is battery - its not dependent on where it happens. 

Ive been accused in the past by a nameless wonder for taking this stance as its the Browns.  I don't care if it was D Leonard, Chandler Jones, P Mahomes or M Thomas (all guys I really like).  I'd take the same stance.  

Ive yet to read one valid argument that dismisses any legal penalty for what Garrett did.  Saying “because it happened on the field” is Bush League.  

blah-blah-blah

I've yet to ready any legal person who's said this is or should count as assault, or be considered a crime. Just a bunch of whiny fans acting like this is the most egregious thing that has happened in the NFL ever. I guess you missed the Haynesworth Stomp. 

Seriously a few people here have too much starch in their shorts and it is something personal with Garrett or the Browns. Even most Steeler fans I know have moved on and would laugh at these claims that this was a crime and there should be assault charges.

Again I guess everybody forgot about Albert Haynesworth stomping on a guys head, clearing trying to (and succeeding) cause injury. His suspension, 5 games. What crimes was he charged with?  NONE ZIP NADA. 

League champ is arguing just to argue, because he likes the back and forth and wants to post 100 times a day.

Shorty, I'm not sure what his issue is, maybe somebody tried to hit him with a helmet once and nobody charged the guy with a crime. I'm sure both of them were calling for assault charges on Haynesworth. 

This story on the Haynesworth stomp does talk about possibly pursuing charges (Nashville Police and Cowboy's officials). I don't believe any charges were ever filed, because everybody knew it would be a bad precedent to set. 

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Seriously a few people here have too much starch in their shorts and it is something personal with Garrett or the Browns. Even most Steeler fans I know have moved on and would laugh at these claims that this was a crime and there should be assault charges.

Again I guess everybody forgot about Albert Haynesworth stomping on a guys head, clearing trying to (and succeeding) cause injury. His suspension, 5 games. What crimes was he charged with?  NONE ZIP NADA. 

League champ is arguing just to argue, because he likes the back and forth and wants to post 100 times a day.

Shorty, I'm not sure what his issue is, maybe somebody tried to hit him with a helmet once and nobody charged the guy with a crime. I'm sure both of them were calling for assault charges on Haynesworth. 

This story on the Haynesworth stomp does talk about possibly pursuing charges (Nashville Police and Cowboy's officials). I don't believe any charges were ever filed, because everybody knew it would be a bad precedent to set. 

This really sticks in my craw !

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2020 at 1:28 AM, stevegrab said:

Whataboutism

On 2/20/2020 at 1:28 AM, stevegrab said:

Pot meet kettle

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 3:23 AM, michaelredd9 said:

Steve's descent has been sad to watch.  He was a nice guy his first few years on this board.  Now, about 90% of his posts are angry.

I've got anger issues, I know that.

My posts relating to Garrett and the fools claiming he should be prosecuted for assault are not based in that anger.