[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DL Myles Garrett reinstated

Big John

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I've got anger issues, I know that.

My posts relating to Garrett and the fools claiming he should be prosecuted for assault are not based in that anger. 

So they're simply based on you being a homer then.  Noted.  

On 2/17/2020 at 8:50 AM, NAUgrad said:

I guess I'm a little confused with this argument of assault.  Almost EVERY sport technically has assault in it.  Hockey players should all be sued and thrown in jail according to this logic.  B-Ball and Baseball players have bench clearing brawls, a college basketball player even picked up a chair recently.  That is equally as bad if not worse than a helmet.  Honestly, wielding a stick is the most dangerous by far!  So I guess we should just quit the game of hockey because a high stick happens all the time and should be considered assault.

Hockey players occasionally have been charged with assault. I personally don't think Garrett should have been charged but once you use a weapon it starts getting dicey.  That all depends too on what you consider a weapon, how dangerous the weapon, how defenseless the guy was, other extenuating circumstances, etc. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_in_ice_hockey&ved=2ahUKEwiN_7Wr2O7nAhUSWs0KHZ2eAYwQFjAEegQIBhAM&usg=AOvVaw34rygMymsLYxaTkmh3m2gV

21 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Rightly or wrongly, I think a lot of it depended on whether Mason Rudolph was seriously injured. He wasn't, but if he had Garrett may have been facing charges.  

If Rudolph pressed charges then Garrett would be in jail, it's clearly assault. Hell, spitting on someone is assault. Local law enforcement isn't going to press charges, they want no part of tangling with the NFL. But you're right, had Rudolph been lying on the field in a pool of blood they'd have no choice but to arrest him right there. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I think it's a legit question Steve. You definitely have a biased opinion when it comes to your beloved Browns. 

I don't just make things up or 'pick' on people.  I could care less if the Browns are a championship team next year or go 0-16 (or 0-17).  But whenever I say something about the Browns that's not putting them on a pedestal, little Stevie has to get his panties in a bunch.  

14 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

I don't just make things up or 'pick' on people.  I could care less if the Browns are a championship team next year or go 0-16 (or 0-17).  But whenever I say something about the Browns that's not putting them on a pedestal, little Stevie has to get his panties in a bunch.  

You and others talking about charging with a crime are way off base. It doesn't require being a Browns homer or having a bias to see that. 

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

You and others talking about charging with a crime are way off base. It doesn't require being a Browns homer or having a bias to see that. 

We're running in circles here, Steve.  The definition of assault and battery are cut and dry.  There is video evidence that shows Mr. Garrett did in fact commit battery against Mr. Rudolph.  How anyone can argue this is absurd! 

Assault 

as-sault  (noun)

Definition of assault:  a threat or attempt to inflict physical contact or bodily harm on a person to which puts that person in immediate physical danger or in apprehension of such physical contact or bodily harm. 

Battery

bat-tery (noun)

Definition of battery:  the act of beating someone with successive blows.  (law) an offensive use of force on a person without the person's consent

Now come on, Steve.  I don't think Mr. Rudolph quietly whispered into Mr. Garrett's ear and told him he gives his full consent to physical contact and/or bodily harm. 

If a deadly weapon is used in the commission of battery OR the victim suffers bodily harm, this charge can be up to a Second degree felony.  Most charges of second degree battery with a deadly weapon carry prison sentences of 2 to 5 years, with a maximum of 20 years. 

MGMR.jpg

5 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I'm going with the theory that Shorty and League Champion were actually assaulted by black men in the past, and this is part of their metoo movement.  :unsure:

Let's introduce racism into it, because LC and I and clearly did!  You don't have to be a (the really bad word)in' chalupa.

Just like Garrett tried to, lets brandish the race card.  It is a get out of jail free card for certain people, just that its one of those 'unlimited use' cards. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Do you know what race I am? 

You're an anonymous forum handle so naturally everyone knows your race, sex, sexual orientation, political voting affiliation, social security number, and bank account routing.  :rolleyes:

The better question would be, who (the really bad word)ing cares?  It makes no difference in matters of football opinions and isn't likely to be verified one way or another anyways.  People here judge on your posts.      

• Like 2