[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DL Myles Garrett reinstated

Big John

36 minutes ago, Def. said:

People here judge on your posts.  

That's probably one of the most BS comments I've read in the 15 years I've been part of these forums.  

It should have read 'Some' people here judge you on your posts. 

But on the other hand, some people were just born to be chalupas.  I mean take Steve for example.  He resorts to insults and/or anger when you don't speak highly of his favorite team, or disagree with his insight.  Then there are people like BB who make asinine assumptions followed by poor jokes, in this instance bringing race into the fold.

It all shows character, or lack thereof.  This may be a forum with a whopping 10 active members left and some people could really GAF if they offend the other 9, but people's true colors always come out, intentional or not.  

8 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

That's probably one of the most BS comments I've read in the 15 years I've been part of these forums.  

But on the other hand, some people were just born to be chalupas.  I mean take Steve for example.  He resorts to insults and/or anger when you don't speak highly of his favorite team, or disagree with his insight.  Then there are people like BB who make asinine assumptions followed by poor jokes, in this instance bringing race into the fold.

It all shows character, or lack thereof.  This may be a forum with a whopping 10 active members left and some people could really GAF if they offend the other 9, but people's true colors always come out, intentional or not.  

Is it hard being a #metoo victim?

Edited by Bobby Brown

11 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

You see what you want to see, as do others including myself.  Maybe if you want to have a productive conversation with Steve, you could focus on countering the opinionated points he brings up instead of resorting to attacking him personally or ganging up on him.  Maybe, just maybe, he will then do the same.  Doesn't work out, hey there's an ignore button for a reason.  :shrug:

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Do you know what race I am? 

That has NOTHING to do with anything. It's irrelevant what race you are. I'm just saying you bring up race a lot. You could be a Zebra, all I care ,with black and white stripes. 

53 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Yes and you have such high characters, such a great stand up guy that never says anything wrong.

Spare me your sanctimonious BS.

PS  Those bringing race into this are just idiots.

PPS  You never told me if Haynesworth should have been charged with assault for what he did? Were you bitching about him not being charged years ago when it happened. 

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yes and you have such high characters, such a great stand up guy

Thank you, Steve. 

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

PS Those bringing race into this are just idiots.

It doesn't happen often, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, Steve.  

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

PPS You never told me if Haynesworth should have been charged with assault for what he did? Were you bitching about him not being charged years ago when it happened. 

Yes, Steve.  I fully believe that he too should have been prosecuted.  It's not like it was an accident.  Dude was on the ground with his helmet off and fatass Haynesworth puts his cleat and body weight on exposed head and tried to rip it open.  

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yes and you have such high characters, such a great stand up guy that never says anything wrong.

Spare me your sanctimonious BS.

PS  Those bringing race into this are just idiots.

PPS  You never told me if Haynesworth should have been charged with assault for what he did? Were you bitching about him not being charged years ago when it happened. 

8 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Thank you, Steve. 

It doesn't happen often, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, Steve.  

Yes, Steve.  I fully believe that he too should have been prosecuted.  It's not like it was an accident.  Dude was on the ground with his helmet off and fatass Haynesworth puts his cleat and body weight on exposed head and tried to rip it open.  

I have to say, this was a pretty civil interaction. :huh:

Just now, Shaft said:

I have to say, this was a pretty civil interaction. :huh:

Well shorty's sarcasm meter was broken on my first point, but I was trying to mend fences and move on. 

I actually poked around a couple of the other forums and things really are dead here. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This place should throw us all a few bones. We're the only ones keeping this site alive, it's pathetic that this is all we got. Why isn't anyone talking draft, free agency or the combine? 

They do. Somewhere else I'm sure. Man I loved this site and suddenly they ran everybody off. I have a feeling that home cooking turned into frozen entrees. This, I guess,  is the way of the world. Too bad cuz this used to be the spot. I gave out so many links to people that now I am embarrassed. 

Come on guys ...bring it back! Please? 

sorry in advance for any(of my) truth posted here. I like all admins I've interacted with. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

This place should throw us all a few bones. We're the only ones keeping this site alive, it's pathetic that this is all we got. Why isn't anyone talking draft, free agency or the combine? 

1 hour ago, boltnlava said:

They do. Somewhere else I'm sure. Man I loved this site and suddenly they ran everybody off. I have a feeling that home cooking turned into frozen entrees. This, I guess,  is the way of the world. Too bad cuz this used to be the spot. I gave out so many links to people that now I am embarrassed. 

sorry in advance for any(of my) truth posted here. I like all admins I've interacted with. 

We BOTH people have become a secretive bunch since we're all in multiple leagues with each other.  :ninja:

1 hour ago, boltnlava said:

Two words.  USA Today

On 2/28/2020 at 4:51 PM, Shorttynaz said:

Two words.  USA Today

Sorry I don't follow.  People go to USA today to talk football or USA today somehow caused the site to get get noticed less?  Where do people talk football?  Nbc sports?  Reddit?  I do follow Star tribune in mpls some but I prefer opinions from disinterested observers or people who know what they are taking about.  I found my way here through looking for a site to talk fantasy and bounce ideas off people and gravitated over here to the lounge bc I thought the commentators were good.  But most probably dont venture over here and stick to answering/asking Qs on the other side.  

Edited by purplemonster

25 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Sorry I don't follow.  People go to USA today to talk football or USA today somehow caused the site to get get noticed less?  Where do people talk football?  Nbc sports?  Reddit?  I do follow Star tribune in mpls some but I prefer opinions from disinterested observers or people who know what they are taking about.  I found my way here through looking for a site to talk fantasy and bounce ideas off people and gravitated over here to the lounge bc I thought the commentators were good.  But most probably dont venture over here and stick to answering/asking Qs on the other side.  

The Huddle web site is now (for some years) part of USA Today, and do not have complete autonomy over things. That is when the forum purge started.

It was before you joined the forums. 

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

The Huddle used to have a large group of posters who had been here since the late 90's.  There were at least 100 people who posted multiple times per day.  The fantasy football content of their posts was good and many were also funny.  In around 2012, some of them got banned.  They were a close knit group so they all left and formed another message board.  It's sad because this was a great message board.  But they no longer post about fantasy football on that other message board.  The last time anyone on that board posted about football was 2016.  But their Tailgate Forum is still going.  But even that isn't what it used to be.  It's now mostly just posts by a racist, redneck guy who posts ridiculous white nationalist stuff and piss fights ensue.  Here is a link to their forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/scramble/the-tailgate-f3/.  The message board over at footballguys is the closest to what the Huddle Message Board used to be but it doesn't have the same quality of football knowledge or the humor.  But at least it has activity.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

The Huddle used to have a large group of posters who had been here since the late 90's.  There were at least 100 people who posted multiple times per day.  The fantasy football content of their posts was good and many were also funny.  In around 2012, some of them got banned.  They were a close knit group so they all left and formed another message board.  It's sad because this was a great message board.  But they no longer post about fantasy football on that other message board.  The last time anyone on that board posted about football was 2016.  But their Tailgate Forum is still going.  But even that isn't what it used to be.  It's now mostly just posts by a racist, redneck guy who posts ridiculous white nationalist stuff and piss fights ensue.  Here is a link to their forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/scramble/the-tailgate-f3/.  The message board over at footballguys is the closest to what the Huddle Message Board used to be but it doesn't have the same quality of football knowledge or the humor.  But at least it has activity.

I am definitely pretty seasonal in my interest in football. I pay attention in the offseason but a lot of it is conjecture and even with the draft it's hard to say how they're going to do until you see them on the field. We've all heard a million times about the guy who's in the best shape of his life who ends up underperforming. But then you also hear about guys like Waller who turn out to be the real deal.  There's more to the offseason then that but it's nice to get a break sometimes too.