[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official QB domino thread

Gourdeau

Thought it would be cool to have a thread to track it all given this is a unique season. Brady Brees Rivers Dak will impact so much  like Carr Bridgwater Hill Tannehil Winston, Rumors with Stafford..

Edit: The First Domino has fallen. Brees is back for 2020. So that essentially guarantees that Bridgewater is going to hit the market and he's likely to be very attractive. I have to think the Pats will be interested in him. High IQ who doesn't turn the ball over. Taysum Hill has already indicated that he plans to hit the market as he feels he can be a starting QB. 

#Saints QB Drew Brees announces he’s back for 2020, as the team had hoped. He let them know when he returned from Hawaii. 

“Let’s make another run at it.” https://t.co/j7AbN2EO7l

Edited by Gourdeau

Cowherd called it the "Tomino".  And he's right, it all hinges on Brady.

And the more I think about it, the more that him going to join up with his boy Vrabel in Tennessee makes sense.  It's either that or stay in NE and demand playmakers.  Where's AJ Green going?  

38 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I think Hill will sign with the Saints as well with the plan for him to take over after this season. What I'm most certain of is this will be Brees' farewell tour.

Hill is a restricted, so he's really not going to have a choice unless NO screws up the round assignment.  The supposed $30 mil for Checkdown Teddy would be surprising and an overpay IMO.  He did decent enough this year in a couple games, but on the whole his seasonal stats aren't any different than what he already showed back in Minny.  Gotta scream buyer beware here.    

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Hill is a restricted, so he's really not going to have a choice unless NO screws up the round assignment.  The supposed $30 mil for Checkdown Teddy would be surprising and an overpay IMO.  He did decent enough this year in a couple games, but on the whole his seasonal stats aren't any different than what he already showed back in Minny.  Gotta scream buyer beware here.    

Agree on both counts. I think the Saints put a first round tender on Hill and if anyone is brave enough to make him an offer they use it to help them move up for a QB.

Teddy was great for what the Saints needed him for. He was actually very good while he was in. That said, I don't think he's dynamic enough a player to earn the defense's respect for a full season and he would end up being exposed by better (playoff) teams.

Edited by rajncajn

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Cowherd called it the "Tomino".  And he's right, it all hinges on Brady.

And the more I think about it, the more that him going to join up with his boy Vrabel in Tennessee makes sense.  It's either that or stay in NE and demand playmakers.  Where's AJ Green going?  

Green appears to be committed to Cincy especially with Burrow coming. He's mentioned many times he wants to stay... for some reason lol

8 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Brees is still playing at a high level.  I have trouble believing that he will retire if he plays well in 2020.  He also has the all-time passing touchdown and passing yardage records as incentive to keep playing.

I think this is a game of chicken with Brady. Brady is only 6 TD's behind Brees. 

Brees has the all time yardage record by 3,000 yards.  No way Brees wants Brady to take those from him. As long as Brady plays, Brees plays.

I'd be surprised if the Saints rely on Hill as their backup and future, while he's shown a bit they'd be better off seeing what he can do for a few real games. 

I still think Brady returns to NE. Dak eventually gets a deal in Dallas. Not buying any rumors about Stafford. That leaves Rivers and Bridgewater as the top 2 available. 

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'd be surprised if the Saints rely on Hill as their backup and future, while he's shown a bit they'd be better off seeing what he can do for a few real games. 

I still think Brady returns to NE. Dak eventually gets a deal in Dallas. Not buying any rumors about Stafford. That leaves Rivers and Bridgewater as the top 2 available. 

Wow, very insightful Captain Obvious. You're really putting yourself out there.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Joe Burrows might pull an Eli Manning and not go to The Bengals. That would be a whole other monkey wrench. 

Mr. Joe has a few birdies telling him that the Bungals will not put enough around him to win. Carson Palmer,and TJ Houshmandzadeh have reportedly all told Burrows to steer clear of the the orange and striped helmet.  We shall soon see. 

"I was 100 percent behind Carson Palmer. And I watched as (the Bengals' culture) sucked the life out of him," said Wilcots. "I watched fans in Cincinnati dump garbage on his home, on his lawn. I watched how others abdicated and tried to force the leadership onto him when he wasn't given support to corral some of the wild-natured individuals that surrounded him. Carson Palmer was a guy who was strong-willed, talented and needed more around him. He needed more support around him.

"He walked away from the game because the love for the game had left him. And that's a shame. And organizations need to be wary of that - that one man, in a bad environment, cannot turn it around by himself. I can just flat out tell you that."

- Solomon Wilcots

https://247sports.com/Article/Joe-Burrow-Cincinnati-Bengals-2020-NFL-Draft-be-wary-Carson-Palmer-Solomon-Wilcots-LSU-Tigers-143493536/

PS: Carsons brother Jesse is QB coach for Joe but has publicly said the Bungals should draft him. Just google as there are many articles about that. What's he going to say and still have a career?

6 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Mr. Joe has a few birdies telling him that the Bungals will not put enough around him to win. Carson Palmer,and TJ Houshmandzadeh have reportedly all told Burrows to steer clear of the the orange and striped helmet.  We shall soon see. 

"I was 100 percent behind Carson Palmer. And I watched as (the Bengals' culture) sucked the life out of him," said Wilcots. "I watched fans in Cincinnati dump garbage on his home, on his lawn. I watched how others abdicated and tried to force the leadership onto him when he wasn't given support to corral some of the wild-natured individuals that surrounded him. Carson Palmer was a guy who was strong-willed, talented and needed more around him. He needed more support around him.

"He walked away from the game because the love for the game had left him. And that's a shame. And organizations need to be wary of that - that one man, in a bad environment, cannot turn it around by himself. I can just flat out tell you that."

- Solomon Wilcots

https://247sports.com/Article/Joe-Burrow-Cincinnati-Bengals-2020-NFL-Draft-be-wary-Carson-Palmer-Solomon-Wilcots-LSU-Tigers-143493536/

PS: Carsons brother Jesse is QB coach for Joe but has publicly said the Bungals should draft him. Just google as there are many articles about that. What's he going to say and still have a career?

Get drafted #1, shut up and be very very thankful you're a Bengal.

JUST KIDDING, you couldn't pay me enough to go to that cesspool of a team. I'd blow my brains out before I went anywhere near that town. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Agree 100. Going public with it does nothing for either of them. 

Can the NFL force an owner to sell, this may be a situation with the bengals that has to happen. Have former players publicly telling Burrow to stay away.  If they can't get the top QB to go there and he's from Ohio, when will they ever be able to be relevant ?

27 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Can the NFL force an owner to sell, this may be a situation with the bengals that has to happen. Have former players publicly telling Burrow to stay away.  If they can't get the top QB to go there and he's from Ohio, when will they ever be able to be relevant ?

Haha. It's a bad situation there. I guess the only way out of it would be new ownership. Burrows is a nice QB, he's not going to save that franchise. 

9 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

They could try but "you run a crappy team and never win" is hardly justification or else many sports teams could have been forced to sell over the last 100 years. 

Browns fans are always hoping the NFL will force Haslam to sell, I just :rolleyes: and ask them how often has that happened in the past?