[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Olsen to Seahags

darin3

Nice signing, guess those Will Dissly owners will have to wait another year to see him pop again.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102343/article/former-panthers-te-greg-olsen-signing-with-seahawks

Could really flourish with Wilson, if only for a year.

I am definitely holding him in my dynasty league.  Could be a top-5 TE.

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Nice signing, guess those Will Dissly owners will have to wait another year to see him pop again.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102343/article/former-panthers-te-greg-olsen-signing-with-seahawks

Could really flourish with Wilson, if only for a year.

I am definitely holding him in my dynasty league.  Could be a top-5 TE.

He's only dropped 4 passes in 4 years I just read on Twitter. I think he's got another good year in the tank. Great signing agreed 

18 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

He's only dropped 4 passes in 4 years I just read on Twitter. I think he's got another good year in the tank. Great signing agreed 

I wish there were some official dropped passes stats, because it is hard to believe when you hear numbers this low. For example, I find a 2019 stat list on Fox Sports, shows Olsen with 3 drops just this past season. That would mean only one dropped pass in the prior 3 years. And the same page shows 2018 he had one (doesn't go back further), that was with playing only about half a season and catching 27 of 38 targets. Hard to believe he never had a drop in 2017 or 2016 (with 17 of 38 and 80 of 129 catch/target numbers respectively). 

Even Michael Thomas who caught an insane 80% of the balls thrown to him (Olsen was under 65%) dropped 6 passes in the season, granted that is on 185 (vs. 82 for Olsen) targets. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I wish there were some official dropped passes stats, because it is hard to believe when you hear numbers this low. For example, I find a 2019 stat list on Fox Sports, shows Olsen with 3 drops just this past season. That would mean only one dropped pass in the prior 3 years. And the same page shows 2018 he had one (doesn't go back further), that was with playing only about half a season and catching 27 of 38 targets. Hard to believe he never had a drop in 2017 or 2016 (with 17 of 38 and 80 of 129 catch/target numbers respectively). 

Even Michael Thomas who caught an insane 80% of the balls thrown to him (Olsen was under 65%) dropped 6 passes in the season, granted that is on 185 (vs. 82 for Olsen) targets. 

I believe the stats are generated by PFF and refer to catch able balls. I remember seeing that Deandre Hopkins caught 100% of his catchable balls last season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, Bier Meister said:

nice fit.  personally bumbed because i have dissly and hollister on dynasty/keepers.

I had Dissly and let him go when he was injured with the intent to pick him back up but he got snagged by someone else. I also have Hollister and the Olsen acquisition may be good - Seattle may trade off one of them, immediately improving both their stock. 

5 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I had Dissly and let him go when he was injured with the intent to pick him back up but he got snagged by someone else. I also have Hollister and the Olsen acquisition may be good - Seattle may trade off one of them, immediately improving both their stock. 

To me it seems like Dissly and Hollister primarily had pass catching value due to the system and Wilson.  Hollister caught 8 passes in 2 seasons with Tom Brady.  Dissly was drafted as a run blocker so I don't see them trading away that asset.  The Hawks also need depth at TE as history indicates Olsen and Dissly won't play a full season.

Edited by Bobby Brown

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

To me it seems like Dissly and Hollister primarily had pass catching value due to the system and Wilson.  Hollister caught 8 passes in 2 seasons with Tom Brady.  Dissly was drafted as a run blocker so I don't see them trading away that asset.  The Hawks also need depth at TE as history indicates Olsen and Dissly won't play a full season.

Hollister also had injury issues with the Patriots which partially explains his lack of production in his 2nd year.  So the Seahawks have 3 injury prone tight ends and they are probably hoping that 1 or 2 of them are healthy at any one time.  There will be fantasy value at tight end but it's going to be hard to predict which one it will be.  Seems like a situation that is best avoided in the fantasy draft but worth monitoring for free agent pickups.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 7:24 PM, michaelredd9 said:

Hollister also had injury issues with the Patriots which partially explains his lack of production in his 2nd year.  So the Seahawks have 3 injury prone tight ends and they are probably hoping that 1 or 2 of them are healthy at any one time.  There will be fantasy value at tight end but it's going to be hard to predict which one it will be.  Seems like a situation that is best avoided in the fantasy draft but worth monitoring for free agent pickups.

I disagree, I will be all over Olsen as my 2nd TE, especially if my #1 guy has some question marks.  He could be huge in that offense.  

• Like 1

I think there is a misconception that he's injury prone. Now obviously he has gotten older and that comes with more risk. He played 14 games last season after playing only 7 and 9 respectively due to a bad foot that never fully recovered. Prior to that, he missed only 2 games in 10 seasons. 

• Like 1