[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rivers to Indy

League_Champion

I really don't understand this signing.  I mean the Colts gave Brissett a 2 year $30M deal last year with $20M guaranteed.  Neither of these guys are going to carry a team over the top - but if one can, it would be Brissett.  Rivers was good 4 years ago.  It's not like the Colts have a lot of pass catching weapons outside of Hilton.  

Unrelated, I was stoked to see them trade for DB yesterday.  I mean it was somewhat a steep price, but dude is a proven pro-bowler who doesn't miss time.  He's going to open up holes for D Leonard to wreak havoc on opposing backfields.  But in regards to the trade, how many rookie busts have we seen the past few seasons?  The only thing that will irk me somewhat is if CeeDee Lamb is still there at #13 this year.  The Colts need a play making WR or 3.  

The team is going to be competitive, but will likely fall short of the playoffs.  But I put faith in Ballard to continue his ways - he's slowly building a monster on the defensive side of the ball, something the Colts have rarely ever had.  

3 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

I really don't understand this signing.  I mean the Colts gave Brissett a 2 year $30M deal last year with $20M guaranteed.  Neither of these guys are going to carry a team over the top - but if one can, it would be Brissett.  Rivers was good 4 years ago.  It's not like the Colts have a lot of pass catching weapons outside of Hilton.  

Unrelated, I was stoked to see them trade for DB yesterday.  I mean it was somewhat a steep price, but dude is a proven pro-bowler who doesn't miss time.  He's going to open up holes for D Leonard to wreak havoc on opposing backfields.  But in regards to the trade, how many rookie busts have we seen the past few seasons?  The only thing that will irk me somewhat is if CeeDee Lamb is still there at #13 this year.  The Colts need a play making WR or 3.  

The team is going to be competitive, but will likely fall short of the playoffs.  But I put faith in Ballard to continue his ways - he's slowly building a monster on the defensive side of the ball, something the Colts have rarely ever had.  

It is a little bit of a curious signing since I agree that Rivers won't move the needle that much.  Brissett was no prize but a decent placeholder for a building team.  I mean maybe Rivers can get back to the old Rivers and give you a boost but I am not sure that's a given and he's on the downslide of his career.  Maybe they figured they take a shot on him and see if they can do some damage since they didn't feel Brissett was going to do it.