Sign in to follow this  
Lance44

Dynasty league trade advice

I have a massive trade in question and would like a second opinion.  My team is okay but I don’t think I can win with what I have.  The trade would be:

Giving: B. Cooks, D. Brees, Keenan Allen, James white and M. Boone 

getting: pick 1.08, 1.12, 2.07, 2.08, 2.12, 3.05 and Ian Thomas.  All the picks are for this years draft.  

the league is a 12 team dynasty league.  Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Lance44 said:

I have a massive trade in question and would like a second opinion.  My team is okay but I don’t think I can win with what I have.  The trade would be:

Giving: B. Cooks, D. Brees, Keenan Allen, James white and M. Boone 

getting: pick 1.08, 1.12, 2.07, 2.08, 2.12, 3.05 and Ian Thomas.  All the picks are for this years draft.  

the league is a 12 team dynasty league.  Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

I would do that in a second 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I would do that in a second 

do you think this draft class is that deep To get solid late in the first and the three seconds??   I don’t care so much about losing Boone, white or Brees.  It’s a one QB and I have Kyler so I’m good for awhile.  I figure if I move them then I move Derek Henry and AJ green and do a rebuild over the next year or two.  

5 minutes ago, Lance44 said:

do you think this draft class is that deep To get solid late in the first and the three seconds??   I don’t care so much about losing Boone, white or Brees.  It’s a one QB and I have Kyler so I’m good for awhile.  I figure if I move them then I move Derek Henry and AJ green and do a rebuild over the next year or two.  

It's a VERY deep WR draft. You should be able to land a future stud, if not 2 with those 1st rounders. 

On 3/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, League_Champion said:

It's a VERY deep WR draft. You should be able to land a future stud, if not 2 with those 1st rounders. 

alright man trade question #2 since I just did the one above:

Give: Derek Henry and Tony pollard

Get: Kareem hunt, will fuller and Marlon Mack.  

thoughts?!  

1 hour ago, Lance44 said:

alright man trade question #2 since I just did the one above:

Give: Derek Henry and Tony pollard

Get: Kareem hunt, will fuller and Marlon Mack.  

thoughts?!  

Hmmm, thats interesting. If you are in the process of building for the future I may do it. Try to get a pick back as well if you can. Derek Henry will help someone win now. 

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Hmmm, thats interesting. If you are in the process of building for the future I may do it. Try to get a pick back as well if you can. Derek Henry will help someone win now. 

Agree - I'd certainly consider something like that, but I'd want to be getting a pick back, though, given the haul you already have in the current draft I'd try to get picks from the 2021 draft to cast a wider net so to speak.

15 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Agree - I'd certainly consider something like that, but I'd want to be getting a pick back, though, given the haul you already have in the current draft I'd try to get picks from the 2021 draft to cast a wider net so to speak.

thanks guys for the feedback.  On the dynasty calculator the trade is completely balanced.   In my opinion the have Henry a little low but that’s just me.  It’s risky with fullers health history and hunt being a back up right now.  I traded away so I am now into a rebuild.    I have 6 picks in the top 30 this year and 4 already next year.  I tried to get a little more and he won’t.  Hollywood brown is who else I could get but I would have to give up a pick.  It close I just don’t know if I should try to get a whole new load from someone else for Henry since he isn’t going to help me.  Thoughts??

13 hours ago, Lance44 said:

thanks guys for the feedback.  On the dynasty calculator the trade is completely balanced.   In my opinion the have Henry a little low but that’s just me.  It’s risky with fullers health history and hunt being a back up right now.  I traded away so I am now into a rebuild.    I have 6 picks in the top 30 this year and 4 already next year.  I tried to get a little more and he won’t.  Hollywood brown is who else I could get but I would have to give up a pick.  It close I just don’t know if I should try to get a whole new load from someone else for Henry since he isn’t going to help me.  Thoughts??

Would that be brown in the for Fuller or for someone else?

Personally, I am not high on Hunt really regaining the magic he had in KC, so I would want Brown in over him. He and Fuller both have high potential as WRs (Fuller with Hopkins gone, if he can stay healthy, and Brown if he continues to progress on his rookie season). Mack has show flashes and can fill in fine for a rebuilding team.

Would he do Brown, Fuller and Mack and not ask for a pick in return?

Really depends on your view of Hunt I suppose.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:49 AM, Big Country said:

Would that be brown in the for Fuller or for someone else?

Personally, I am not high on Hunt really regaining the magic he had in KC, so I would want Brown in over him. He and Fuller both have high potential as WRs (Fuller with Hopkins gone, if he can stay healthy, and Brown if he continues to progress on his rookie season). Mack has show flashes and can fill in fine for a rebuilding team.

Would he do Brown, Fuller and Mack and not ask for a pick in return?

Really depends on your view of Hunt I suppose.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:15 PM, League_Champion said:

Definitely go for that extra pick 

thanks guys for your input.  I am worried of fullers health and Mack and hunt keeping jobs down the road.   I got a new offer that I have been working with today and think I might take this one but thought I would advice first. 

giving: Derrick Henry, hunter Henry and Alexander mattison.  

getting: 1.10, durrius guice, Deebo Samuel and a 2021 third.   

I like hunter Henry but also I have youth in Dawson Knox, irv smith and Ian Thomas for when he is gone.  What are your guys thoughts before I do anything.  

13 hours ago, Lance44 said:

thanks guys for your input.  I am worried of fullers health and Mack and hunt keeping jobs down the road.   I got a new offer that I have been working with today and think I might take this one but thought I would advice first. 

giving: Derrick Henry, hunter Henry and Alexander mattison.  

getting: 1.10, durrius guice, Deebo Samuel and a 2021 third.   

I like hunter Henry but also I have youth in Dawson Knox, irv smith and Ian Thomas for when he is gone.  What are your guys thoughts before I do anything.  

I like this one quite a bit given what you are trying to do. Here's how I view it.

Clearly you are giving the best player in the deal in D Henry, but TE is usually a dime a dozen and given no RIvers, and your depth at the position, Hunter Henry is easily expendable. Mattison is a decent insurance carry and long term hold if you have the space, but in this deal I'd willingly toss him in.

In return you get a high upside RB in Guice, a high upside WR in Samuel, the #10 pick this year (which I'd try to package with some of the haul of picks you got in the earlier trade to move up this year or parlay into next year to spread your draft picks out) and a 3rd next year that is a decent trade asset.

Is this your offer to him, or his offer to you? Asking because if it is his offer to you, then I'd see about countering to make the 2021 pick at least a 2nd, or, if he is particularly motivated to make the deal, see if you can get his 2021 1st if you throw in your 3rd next year or a couple of those mid round picks this year. You obviously don't want o push it too hard and blow the deal, but given you are the one giving up the top player, if this is his offer to you, you may be able to get a little more value out of it.

52 minutes ago, Big Country said:

I like this one quite a bit given what you are trying to do. Here's how I view it.

Clearly you are giving the best player in the deal in D Henry, but TE is usually a dime a dozen and given no RIvers, and your depth at the position, Hunter Henry is easily expendable. Mattison is a decent insurance carry and long term hold if you have the space, but in this deal I'd willingly toss him in.

In return you get a high upside RB in Guice, a high upside WR in Samuel, the #10 pick this year (which I'd try to package with some of the haul of picks you got in the earlier trade to move up this year or parlay into next year to spread your draft picks out) and a 3rd next year that is a decent trade asset.

Is this your offer to him, or his offer to you? Asking because if it is his offer to you, then I'd see about countering to make the 2021 pick at least a 2nd, or, if he is particularly motivated to make the deal, see if you can get his 2021 1st if you throw in your 3rd next year or a couple of those mid round picks this year. You obviously don't want o push it too hard and blow the deal, but given you are the one giving up the top player, if this is his offer to you, you may be able to get a little more value out of it.

I really appreciate the time and thought.  Getting his first I would have 1.08, 1.10 and 1.12 so I would have my share of the first and three seconds to go along with it.  This is kind of what has been the real first agreement because he pushed hard for Kyler or irv smith but they are two young guys I have hope for the future and would like to keep.  That being said, I switched the 2021 2nd into a 3rd because if I didn’t the deal wouldn’t have got done.  I think this is far as it will get.  You think it’s worth the trade??  I like Henry but like you said with the rebuild it wouldn’t be pointless to keep him and sell while his value is so high.  

2 hours ago, Lance44 said:

I really appreciate the time and thought.  Getting his first I would have 1.08, 1.10 and 1.12 so I would have my share of the first and three seconds to go along with it.  This is kind of what has been the real first agreement because he pushed hard for Kyler or irv smith but they are two young guys I have hope for the future and would like to keep.  That being said, I switched the 2021 2nd into a 3rd because if I didn’t the deal wouldn’t have got done.  I think this is far as it will get.  You think it’s worth the trade??  I like Henry but like you said with the rebuild it wouldn’t be pointless to keep him and sell while his value is so high.  

Absolutely fair in my opinion and I think it helps you address your needs.

I think you pull the trigger here as it is laid out.

If you don't mind, post your current roster and starting lineup reqs after these deals and a quick rundown of the picks you have.

Asking because if RB is a position of need for you, with this year's draft class, everything I have read is saying you likely need a top 3 pick to get a decent RB, big dropoff after that (obviously destination, etc. come into play, but as of now this is what I have been reading), so if you want an RB, we'd need to try and package picks/players to get into the top 3 if any of those owners are willing to move one of those picks.

If however you are okay at RB even after dealing DHenry (and getting Guice back helps with this), then you may be okay without moving up as it is supposed to be a deep WR class so you can probably still get good prospects with your current picks.

Regardless, I don't think you stand pat as is - you have too many picks in this draft (not necessarily a bad thing, depending on roster slots), that I am looking to either consolidate by moving up, parlay into picks next year, or move down and add picks/prospects. For moving down/picks next year, you will usually get better value once the draft has begun as it is inevitable that, given how many picks you have, you will be in a spot where you are up to pick and another owner has a guy that they must get and will overpay a bit to get him now.

5 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Absolutely fair in my opinion and I think it helps you address your needs.

I think you pull the trigger here as it is laid out.

If you don't mind, post your current roster and starting lineup reqs after these deals and a quick rundown of the picks you have.

Asking because if RB is a position of need for you, with this year's draft class, everything I have read is saying you likely need a top 3 pick to get a decent RB, big dropoff after that (obviously destination, etc. come into play, but as of now this is what I have been reading), so if you want an RB, we'd need to try and package picks/players to get into the top 3 if any of those owners are willing to move one of those picks.

If however you are okay at RB even after dealing DHenry (and getting Guice back helps with this), then you may be okay without moving up as it is supposed to be a deep WR class so you can probably still get good prospects with your current picks.

Regardless, I don't think you stand pat as is - you have too many picks in this draft (not necessarily a bad thing, depending on roster slots), that I am looking to either consolidate by moving up, parlay into picks next year, or move down and add picks/prospects. For moving down/picks next year, you will usually get better value once the draft has begun as it is inevitable that, given how many picks you have, you will be in a spot where you are up to pick and another owner has a guy that they must get and will overpay a bit to get him now.

here is my team before the trade above and the one I am mentioning now.  I don’t have my 2020 first but everything in 2021 of my own long with 3 other seconds.  

64ED5B62-FC22-49A9-90CA-5F89E0B30DCE.png

30BD0E02-4CD5-4EE6-8988-C5149F5C8A28.png

EAD352AB-E16F-474D-91B3-A6135368D785.png

Do you think anyone in the top 3 would be willing to part with their pick?

If so, I think I would start negotiating with them. Since you have 2 RBs required, If it was my team, I'd want to try and move up to get an RB to pair with Guice. See what they are asking for, research the RBs, as you may be able to move up cheaper now while there is a lot of unknown compared to after the draft when the hype train gets going.

I'd also see if the Bryce Love owner would move him for a reasonable pick package to give you some Guice insurance.

5 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Do you think anyone in the top 3 would be willing to part with their pick?

If so, I think I would start negotiating with them. Since you have 2 RBs required, If it was my team, I'd want to try and move up to get an RB to pair with Guice. See what they are asking for, research the RBs, as you may be able to move up cheaper now while there is a lot of unknown compared to after the draft when the hype train gets going.

I'd also see if the Bryce Love owner would move him for a reasonable pick package to give you some Guice insurance.

I know 1.01 is sold on taking Johnathon Taylor and would take a lot to move.  He also has 1.03 and another guy had 1.02, 1.04 and 1.05.  I could try to see if he would move one but he is a full rebuild though he is still getting picks he might be willing.   I looked on the dynasty calculator and giving 10 and 12 would be equivalent to 1.04