[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How long until Bill O'Brien is fired?

Dcat

To say Houston fans are upset with BoB I think would be an understatement.  So I'll be a little guarded on this until I get confirmation.  But I wouldn't be shocked if BoB is somehow gone regardless since the fans are pretty upset with his deal-making and not overly impressed with the coaching job either. 

24 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I find this a little hard to believe but if true he's gotta go immediately. 

yeah...  How reliable is Michael Irvin? I don't follow him at all.  I can't stand his voice.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

if true, WOW!

“Bill O’Brien told Deandre Hopkins he didn’t like that he he had multiple baby mamas, and then compared him to Aaron Hernandez.” Michael Irvin just now on ESPN’s Get Up

Absolute bombshell if true

If O'Brien did say this stuff, he has to go or at least get suspended or something.

Aaron Hernandez was a freakin' murderer and a punk scumbag. 

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

If O'Brien did say this stuff, he has to go or at least get suspended or something.

I'm bias to believe that O'Brien said it, but Irvin should've never released the information. Hopkins can speak for himself. I don't think we will ever know the truth. He should be fired for that trade, period!

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Didn't he die while it was under appeal.  If so he died not guilty,  and u think his widow sued to get the remaining contract $.  Gotta watch that documentary now that I've got some time off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Class act Michael Irvin is.  You don't air out someone else's dirty laundry based on speculation.  

He should be the first one fired!  

It's true though.  He put everyone in a bad spot, Hopkins and BoB, and got the details wrong to boot likely.  As a former player he should be smarter than that, but I suppose he's just looking for the headlines 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Also, it looks like the beef was Nuk wanted 18-20M on his last 3 years (was getting around 13), and was going to sit out if he didn't get it.  Still does not excuse the very poor return he got.  

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/someone-leaked-de-andre-hopkins-contract-demands-and-they-doesnt-excuse-bad-texans-trade-161622819.html

He wanted to redo a deal he signed 2 years ago, I understand the fear, he could pull this move every year, and poison the locker room.   I like the fact they moved on from him, dont like how little the return was, and hope they draft a wr at 40

• Like 1

13 hours ago, millworkguy said:

He wanted to redo a deal he signed 2 years ago, I understand the fear, he could pull this move every year, and poison the locker room.   I like the fact they moved on from him, dont like how little the return was, and hope they draft a wr at 40

Well, there's one of you.

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2020 at 2:31 PM, LordOpie said:

It's too late

This. If they fired him today it would take 3 years minimum to recover. Too many draft picks gone and too little in return. 

Oh and by the time they recover, it'll be time to pay Watson. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...