[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Would You Like Your Team To Draft?

League_Champion

The Eagles are at 21 and I'd love for them to FINALLY draft a competent receiver. The top studs will certainly be gone but I could see them landing WR, Justin Jefferson from LSU. If a good WR isn't there they'll probably go safety. And I wouldn't put it past Howie Rossman to make a draft day trade to somehow move up. 

I don't know the guys coming out of the draft well, other than a few. I have heard the WR's are supposed to be really good.  The Vikings have needs all over the place, but especially OL/CB and they do need a WR.  I have a feeling our GM Spielman will try to pick up a WR in the first, then a CB, then try to fill with a "meh" OL guy in the late 2nd or 3rd and the OL will be garbage again.  This is what he tries to do every year since the #3 overall  pick Matt Kalil went belly up on him.  Personally I'd prefer unless he has a standout talent at WR/CB that he take OL in 2 out of the top 3 picks (they have 3 picks in the top 60) but he won't.  

Edited by purplemonster

Never any reason to get excited about a Seahawks draft.   They almost always trade down late in the first and early in the 2nd.  I think the last time they kept their late 1st rounder was in the 2018 draft on RB Rashard Penny.  And they've spent the last 2 season feeding it to a Chris Carson, who was drafted in the 7th round of the 2017 draft. 

I wouldn't mind this scenario but I don't think they have enough firepower to pull it off 

I've been told that the #Eagles are aggressively pursuing a trade-up in next Thursday's #NFLDraft2020. CeeDee Lamb is the "apple of his eye" for Howie Roseman. Roseman is "absolutely in love" with Lamb. Hearing if that fails or top 4 WR are gone, PHI will be bailing out of 21.

14 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Never any reason to get excited about a Seahawks draft.   They almost always trade down late in the first and early in the 2nd.  I think the last time they kept their late 1st rounder was in the 2018 draft on RB Rashard Penny.  And they've spent the last 2 season feeding it to a Chris Carson, who was drafted in the 7th round of the 2017 draft. 

This, but hoping they get a decent edge rusher with their first pick, whenever that may be. 

The Cowboys have enough needs that 'best player available' really applies to them, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.  SS, CB, Edge Rusher...any are needed.  There are a few one year fillers on board this season, but I don't see any of them being a long-term fix.

There has been talk of the Vikings using their draft capital to move up in round one. I hope they don’t do that. They have two firsts, a second and two thirds. They need everyone of them to try and fill the holes they have. We need O-line, WR, D-line, and especially CB’s.  It’s unlikely that they stay where they are considering Spielman’s history but if anything I hope they trade back and acquire more.

Well I give Spielman credit for consistency. He did exactly as I suspected.  WR in the first then a CB and he'll put together scrubs for the OL.  The first pick is supposed to be a very good WR so I don't fault that.  The CB seemed more iffy.  I sure hope they have a plan.  

Edited by purplemonster