[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am thinking tonight's draft may be . . .

Ramhock

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Favre/Rodgers was a whole different deal. Favre was threatening retirement every year. They HAD to draft Rodgers. 

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Yes I agree that was a different situation from my recollection.  Rodgers was considered the real deal and Favre was waffling on retirement.  This one is definitely more speculative

Aaron Rodgers is 36 and has shown some signs of slowing down. I agree they should've drafted a WR, but this was a solid pick. A rod is still in his prime, but now they have some insurance. It's been shown that you can draft talented WRs and RBs later in the draft.

23 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Aaron Rodgers is 36 and has shown some signs of slowing down. I agree they should've drafted a WR, but this was a solid pick. A rod is still in his prime, but now they have some insurance. It's been shown that you can draft talented WRs and RBs later in the draft.

Jordan Love though? He's the complete opposite of Rodgers. He couldn't throw it in the ocean and hit water. He's terribly inaccurate. 

It is worse when someone says "we're in this together" from their vacation home on the beach. We are in this together, but we are NOT experiencing the same thing.

9 hours ago, Shaft said:

I agree with you on Rodgers. I went to the GB Reddit forum just to see how they were reacting and a highly upvoted comment there was someone saying Rodgers had "4-5 years of productive football left".  That seems wildly optimistic to me.  Don't get me wrong, the guy is still good, but things won't be getting easier from here.  On the surface it's a peculiar pick, but if it works, it's a great pick.  So I guess we will just have to see. 

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I was reading through the picks and this one stood out...and I was like huh?  I don't understand this pick.  I don't even understand the rationale?  

They just wasted a 2nd round pick on a gadget guy who might get 5 snaps a game if he's lucky. I don't know how they can justify that pick when they have so many other needs. 

In one of the deepest WR classes in a long time, that set the record for the most WR taken in the first two rounds, why GB looked the other way is befuddling.

3 hours ago, DMD said:

In one of the deepest WR classes in a long time, that set the record for the most WR taken in the first two rounds, why GB looked the other way is befuddling.

Drafting an RB was just confusing. 

I thought the Dolphins were the big losers and here's why. I would have traded out of every pick and traded for as many #1 picks for next year that I could get. Then I would roll out Josh Rosen for every game, gone 3-13 and won the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes with a ton of first round picks to maneuver anywhere I want in 2021. 

That being said, The Dolphins did have a really good draft this year. I just don't trust that Tua injury and he's no Trevor Lawrence. 

20 hours ago, DMD said:

Is Aaron Rodgers so unpleasant that everyone around him wants to do business with someone else?  I know that sounds ridiculous bur how do you go from playing into the NFC championship game to pulling off a draft like that?

25 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Is Aaron Rodgers so unpleasant that everyone around him wants to do business with someone else?  I know that sounds ridiculous bur how do you go from playing into the NFC championship game to pulling off a draft like that?

Great point. It certainly seems like there is another agenda playing out. I'm not sure exactly what that is but you may be right. I don't know the guy but to me he doesn't come off as someone you'd run through a wall for. 

The Packers say they are going to a run-heavy attack this year and they certainly made moves to do that. There were concerns about how LaFleur would mesh with Rodgers. It seemed okay last year kind of but maybe not.

8 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Great point. It certainly seems like there is another agenda playing out. I'm not sure exactly what that is but you may be right. I don't know the guy but to me he doesn't come off as someone you'd run through a wall for. 

What are you talking about?  Aaron Rodgers is one of the best ever..  

Kidding dude.  DMD rightfully locked the other thread and I was going to start fake fighting with you here.  

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

What are you talking about?  Aaron Rodgers is one of the best ever..  

Kidding dude.  DMD rightfully locked the other thread and I was going to start fake fighting with you here.  

🤣🤣🤣

Of course he's one of the best. Thanks again Captain Obvious. Get the man some weapons!!!! 

• Like 1