[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye Weeks 2020

DMD

Assuming that this schedule stands, there are no byes until Week 5. After that, the number of teams on bye:

Week 5 - DET, GB

Week 6 - LVR, NE, NO, SEA

Week 7 - IND, JAC, MIN, PIT, WAS

Week 8 - ARI, BAL, DEN, HOU, PIT, WAS

Week 9 - CIN, CLE, LAR, PHI

Week 10 - ATL, DAL, KC, LAC

Week 11 - BUF, CHI, MIA, NYG, NYJ, SF

Week 13 - CAR, TB

First time to start in Week 5 and not 4 to recent memory

Six straight weeks of at least 4 teams out.

Bye in Week 13? That'll mess with almost every fantasy contest and lots of leagues. Especially since Week 13 has Christian McCaffrey, Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, millworkguy said:

Looks like they are prepared in case the league doesn't start on time

Because of no byes until week 5?  From what I've heard the big contingency is starting late and shifting week 2 games to later in the season. Each week 2 matchup has those teams on bye at the same time. For example, week 2 CIN-CLE, both have week 9 bye, or NYG-CHI, both have bye in week 11. Maybe week 1 moves to where week 17, and the all division slate moves a week later, even then if they skip the off week for ProBowl they could finish on schedule. 

This is similar to what they did once before when the season start was in jeopardy. 

On 5/7/2020 at 11:26 PM, DMD said:

Week 5 - DET, GB

Week 6 - LVR, NE, NO, SEA

Week 7 - IND, JAC, MIN, TEN

Week 8 - ARI, BAL, DEN, HOU, PIT, WAS

Week 9 - CIN, CLE, LAR, PHI

Week 10 - ATL, DAL, KC, LAC

Week 11 - BUF, CHI, MIA, NYG, NYJ, SF

Week 13 - CAR, TB

Corrected weeks 7 and 8

On 5/7/2020 at 11:20 PM, Henry Muto said:

Rumor was wrong and I hate you NFL.

Week 13 byes kills RTS that is week 1 playoffs you take McCaffrey or TB player and your playoff game guys sit out terrible.  Also FFPC week 13 is league championship week.

No byes week 4 or 12 though...thank you NFL.

Yes week 13 byes kill I posted night the schedule came out.

15 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Yes week 13 byes kill I posted night the schedule came out.

Week 13 byes hurt in public leagues where the postseason starts in Week 12 but in regular fantasy leagues I love having a player with a Week 13 bye because I will normally have built up nice depth by then.  It's much more difficult to have built quality depth by Week 4 or Week 6.

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Week 13 byes hurt in public leagues where the postseason starts in Week 12 but in regular fantasy leagues I love having a player with a Week 13 bye because I will normally have built up nice depth by then.  It's much more difficult to have built quality depth by Week 4 or Week 6.

I agree 100. The early byes kill in fantasy. My roster is fortified by week 8 with good depth. 

As DMD said, week 13 will have major studs in CMC, Godwin, and maybe Brady. Even if it's just the last game of the fantasy season, playoff spots and positioning are crucial at that point in the season.

On 5/18/2020 at 7:55 PM, Shaft said:

As DMD said, week 13 will have major studs in CMC, Godwin, and maybe Brady. Even if it's just the last game of the fantasy season, playoff spots and positioning are crucial at that point in the season.

Especially important when you want to win money in a high stakes league and/or need to win that playoff game to get into the $300K or $500K tournaments.

Imagine you have a killer team with McCaffrey and Evans as your top 2 picks but you finished 2nd in scoring in your RTS league and 2nd in H2H so now your the #3 seed and being the #3 seed means you must win your 1st playoff game to get into the $300K tournament and your down your top 2 picks.

In 2014 when I won the RTS $200K I lost week 13 my first playoff game 210-175 because other team went nuts on him but because I was the #1 seed (highest scoring team in the league regular season) I still got into the big dance.  Imagine if I was #3 seed (2nd highest scoring team).  I would been out of the big tournament and no $200K.

Now I will say McCaffrey gives you one slight advantage if he does not get hurt he will give you 12 regular season games to give you a better shot to get the #1 or #2 seed which gets you the auto birth (but no league money if you lose 1st round of playoffs).

Edited by Henry Muto

Our playoffs don't start until week 14, so not a big deal. Could have a crucial game week 13 to make the playoffs, but it just seems more crucial because it is the last chance, any bye at some other time could have resulted in a similarly difficult situation.