[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bills brutal schedule should concern you

DMD

Don't get me wrong - they some good matchups. But - I have never seen a team that faces two more different parts of their season. Up through Week 10, they have a positive schedule - better than most to be sure. But starting in Week 11, going to be much tougher. Starting in Week 11, here are their opponents and what they ranked last year against RBs and QBs

11 12 13 14 15 16
BYE LAC @SF PIT @DEN @NE
RB 24 3 5 8 1
QB 5 9 7 9 1

Gonna be tough right when you want it easy...

I'm more concerned with fantasy points at the end of the season. That's the lens I use. Ending at the Broncos and Patriots in the final two weeks of fantasy championships is not good.

11 minutes ago, DMD said:

I'm more concerned with fantasy points at the end of the season. That's the lens I use. Ending at the Broncos and Patriots in the final two weeks of fantasy championships is not good.

From that perspective I agree. It will be a tough fantasy schedule. All are pretty good defenses, especially outdoors late in the season. I don't think there are any real juggernauts on that offense anyhow but it certainly won't help. 

I guess I don’t really see having much success, fantasy-wise, if you have multiple Bills in your lineup to begin with.  They’re a defensive team, and their defense would probably be about the only piece I’d want to rely on regularly.  

Allen?  Good QB2, but wouldn’t want to have him as my #1.  

Singletary?  Same story.  Good RB2, great flex. But, if he’s your top dog, you’re in trouble.  

Diggs will be drafted higher  than he’s worth, almost certainly.  Brown and/or Beasley will regress, and good luck guessing which one doesn’t.  

Do they even have a TE worth drafting, outside of Knox as a dynasty flier?  

I’m just not seeing much I’d want to rely on weekly, regardless of the schedule.  

• Like 1

The one I am most interested in is John Brown. He could do well with the attention placed on Diggs.  I do like Devin Singletary too.  Although they drafted Zack Moss as RB in the third so that may cut into his carries and receptions as Moss can do both as well.  Josh Allen was a good backup QB but he got a lot of rushing TD's and yards on the ground, not sure how long that will last. 

Edited by purplemonster

7 hours ago, Gopher said:

I guess I don’t really see having much success, fantasy-wise, if you have multiple Bills in your lineup to begin with.  They’re a defensive team, and their defense would probably be about the only piece I’d want to rely on regularly.  

Allen?  Good QB2, but wouldn’t want to have him as my #1.  

Singletary?  Same story.  Good RB2, great flex. But, if he’s your top dog, you’re in trouble.  

Diggs will be drafted higher  than he’s worth, almost certainly.  Brown and/or Beasley will regress, and good luck guessing which one doesn’t.  

Do they even have a TE worth drafting, outside of Knox as a dynasty flier?  

I’m just not seeing much I’d want to rely on weekly, regardless of the schedule.  

Agree, I think if you're relying on any Bills player you're in trouble from the get go. I see them as nothing more than bench depth. John Brown may be decent but in my opinion he's not even a WR2 yet. 

47 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, I think if you're relying on any Bills player you're in trouble from the get go. I see them as nothing more than bench depth. John Brown may be decent but in my opinion he's not even a WR2 yet. 

Hence my point, the monday night game week 16, is going to add almost ZERO suspense to your fantasy season. What a complete letdown.   I only play idp, so I'll have a couple going, but it feels like we will be watching kickers battle out extra points for the win, yuck!

On 5/17/2020 at 6:24 PM, DMD said:

Patriots' D is not going to be as good, IMO.  They lost Van Noy and Collins, two integral parts of their linebacking corps.  

I'll be fairly surprised if they rank in the top-10 defensively this year.

Edited by darin3

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Patriots' D is not going to be as good, IMO.  They lost Van Noy and Collins, two integral parts of their linebacking corps.  

I'll be fairly surprised if they rank in the top-10 defensively this year.

I agree, and they'll be on the field a ton. I expect a lot of 3 & outs from that Patriots offense. They have nothing 

This thread has me struggling. I read the title and thought "ok,  Bills players, what Bills players do I have?" Hmm, none... "Wait, who is the last Bills player I've ever had?" I struggle to remember the last time I had a Bills player on one of my teams or even who that might have been. Andre Reed and Eric Moulds immediately come to mind. Looking through their better players only Josh Reed, Peerless Price, Jarius Byrd and Terrance McGee additionally stand out. I had Bledsoe, but I think only as a Patriot, Flutie, but only as a Patriot/Charger and London Fletcher, but only as a Redskin.

I wonder if there are any other teams that I seem to subconsciously avoid to this degree. I know that the Bills have been pretty bad for quite a while, but that hasn't kept me away from other teams and I know sometimes that can be a benefit for fantasy production so I know that I don't purposely avoid those teams. It's just weird that it's been so long since I've carried any Bills players when I can't say the same for any other team that comes to mind.

Edit: Ah, Duke Williams! No wonder why I couldn't remember.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

This thread has me struggling. I read the title and thought "ok,  Bills players, what Bills players do I have?" Hmm, none... "Wait, who is the last Bills player I've ever had?" I struggle to remember the last time I had a Bills player on one of my teams or even who that might have been. Andre Reed and Eric Moulds immediately come to mind. Looking through their better players only Josh Reed, Peerless Price, Jarius Byrd and Terrance McGee additionally stand out. I had Bledsoe, but I think only as a Patriot, Flutie, but only as a Patriot/Charger and London Fletcher, but only as a Redskin.

I wonder if there are any other teams that I seem to subconsciously avoid to this degree. I know that the Bills have been pretty bad for quite a while, but that hasn't kept me away from other teams and I know sometimes that can be a benefit for fantasy production so I know that I don't purposely avoid those teams. It's just weird that it's been so long since I've carried any Bills players when I can't say the same for any other team that comes to mind.

Edit: Ah, Duke Williams! No wonder why I couldn't remember.

Good question. I had Devin Singletary for a minute last year but before that I'm not sure of anyone else, maybe Shady??

52 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I had Josh Allen last year as a backup when Mahomes got injured and he was a great fill in.  He got a LOT of points on the ground though, lots of rushing TD's.  I think he had 9 last year.  The Bills D I also had and they were good 

True, the Bills D was pretty good. Especially early on 

Josh Allen was the number 1 scoring fantasy QB the last 6ish weeks of the 2018 and a top 10 QB last year.  He's a poor man's Lamar Jackson and example 48,879 why you never draft a QB early (Lamar Jackson himself last year was example 48,878).